It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama is technically ineligible to become US President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

...and so it goes. Federal law is supreme. Mr. Obama is most definitely a citizen. Hawaiian law has nothing, nada, zilch, to say in the matter.

Enough of this foolishness. We need to decide to vote, or not to vote for the man, either one, on their merits, or lack thereof. This useless mudslinging is already getting very old. This last was not addressed to Grover. Aimed mostly at the OP author.

[edit on 6/19/2008 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Enough of this foolishness. We need to decide to vote, or not to vote for the man, either one, on their merits, or lack thereof. This useless mudslinging is already getting very old. This last was not addressed to Grover.

When I see the beautiful seagull in your avatar, Mr S/G, I am reminded of my own trips across the Pacific aboard US Army troop ships. Those birds followed our ship out about 2 days - 900 miles - before they became rare. Of course, back in those halcyon days of ocean travel, we dumped our garbage - feeding 3,000 men - overboard 3 times a day. I recall clocking a flying fish, watching it outspeed our ship which was running a steady 19 knots 24/7, or about 22 mph. Not slow. It stayed out of the water up to 40 seconds. That amounts to 1,300 feet at 32 feet per second. Close to the 1,320 ft in a quarter mile. Not bad for a fish! Of course the giant albatross followed us all the way across the ocean. By the bye, it took us 10 days going, 10 days coming. Non stop.

But see here:

The War of the Pacific, sometimes called the Saltpeter War in reference to its original cause, was fought between Chile and the joint forces of Bolivia and Peru from 1879 to 1883, leaving Bolivia as a landlocked country. The War of the Pacific grew out of a dispute between Chile and Bolivia over control of part of the Atacama desert. This eventually led to diplomatic crisis and war which revealed Peru's secret alliance with Bolivia.

The very dry climate of the area had permitted the accumulation and preservation over thousands of years of huge quantities of bird droppings (guano) which contained high-quality nitrate and saltpeter.

The discovery during the 1840s of the value of guano as fertilizer and of saltpeter as a key ingredient in explosives made the area strategically valuable; Bolivia, Chile and Peru had suddenly found themselves sitting on the largest reserves of a resource that the world needed for economic and military expansion.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Actually when I see his seagull I remember a full dress inspection on the fantail of the ship I was stationed on that was cut short by the passage of a flock of seagulls.

Oh and I know you were not directing that at me Seagull and thank you for the grace to say so.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Actually when I see his seagull I remember a full dress inspection on the fantail of the ship I was stationed on that was cut short by the passage of a flock of seagulls.

Despite being a guest on the ship, I was called to duty 5 - 6 times a day when the boatswain yelled over the PA, "Sweepers, sweepers man your brooms! Give a clean sweep-down fore and aft" which frequently included removing bird crap.

I went "over" in September - SF to Yokohama - and came back in August, so the weather was very nice in the north-central Pacific. On the trip back we had but 1,500 men which made the voyage more like a cruise ship! Speaking of cruise ships, I have never gone on one and have no desire to do so. With 14,000 miles under my belt, I have had enough. I crossed the date line of course, but I've never crossed the equator.

I like your handsome canine too, Grover, and I wonder if you have watched this YouTube which includes a lot of great shots of wolves.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6/23/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

The image that came to mind of Navy (?) personel scattering whilst being strafed by seagulls is priceless.

I do, however, notice that this thread has apparently died of natural causes.

______

Mod Edit - Thread Closed. Please Refer to
The Definitive "Birth Certificate" Thread

[edit on 7/0708/08 by neformore]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join