It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by (^_^)
Originally posted by Arc Angel
Another thing I'd like to voice my opinion on is the logistics of attacking Russia via the ground. If you look on wikipedia, you can see we have bases located all around the world. I don't think in this day and age of technology would it be difficult to transport goods and materials such a long way. Sure, cold weather hampers operations, but the US would be able to protect it's sea lanes with our large Navy.
I don't think in this day and age of technology would it be difficult to wipe out all these bases which are you talking about... You might be thinking that war with Russia will be something like Iraq?
One last thing I'd like to add, I am very patriotic about my country, however I do respect my enemies. The Russians are much more resourceful then us, however I think American's are superior fighters to them. People talk about the mess in Iraq...well, that's what a Counter-Insurgent war is like. Iraq is actually pretty safe for an American. Why?
More than 4,000 people die in America each year from car accidents. We've lost 4,000 people over there in 5 years. Don't doubt our #ing military. "How can you make a war zone safer then your homeland?"
Do you have a point? In war with Russia you will have 4k each day...
And speaking of the Russian military, hows that second Chechen war going? They got an insurgent warfare on their hands, and they've fought 2 wars over that place.
Speaking of US military, how’s that Iraq war going?
And to the dude who's 54 years old living with 25 year old Russian boys...that's just #ing creepy. Either you're making it up or you have some problems. To the Americans who doubt our military, go up to a Marine and call him a pussy.
To the Americans who doubt Russian military, go up to a Speznas soldier and call him a pussy.
"I am very patriotic about my country, however I do respect my enemies."
ha ha Right... so muh respect you got there... should keep that mouth closed then...
War with Russia is nothing like war with Iraq... it will be WW3 and an end to 90% of population... and the rest 10% will live in peace for 1000
years... he he
And who are you?
Speaking of US military, how’s that Iraq war going?- Going pretty well, seeing how their hasn't been a single terrorist attack on America since. Fight them over there and not here. As I stated before, 4k in 5 years.
Spentnaz is Special Forces, and once again you provide no info on how Russia would conventionally WIN a war. They MAY be able to defend their homeland, but no-one has mentioned one way Russia would be able to conventionally take over the US w/o the usage of allies or nukes.
And wiping out 733 known installations throughout the world would be easy? When you have the 2nd largest and MOST powerful military in the world defending them? Get real.
"We'd lose 4k a day." How? Iraq uses Russian made weaponry, Vietnam used Russian made weaponry. Kill/Death ratio in Iraq now is 14/1 and in Vietnam it was 10/1. However that was after the insurgent warfare in Iraq. I believe we only took 93 casualties against Iraq's 'Standing Army'.
Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
reply to post by Arc Angel
Just get Canada to do it. They beat them at hockey numerous times and the Russians don't mess with them, or even look at them.
Originally posted by PokeyJoe
See the thing is, the F-22 is a STEALTH FIGHTER! How are you going to shoot something down when you dont know its there?
If you dont think that the US has very advanced counter-measures against SAM's, then you really have your head in the sand. What the public knows is about 2% of what we really have available. I think some of you dont realize how deep it actually goes.
Originally posted by narin
Also, I wouldn't trust the US Air Force to be competent enough to dogfight the russians. I mean, they just let a 1000 sensitive pieces of NUCLEAR material go missing did they not? Probably ended up in some hostile hands.
If they can't even be trusted to defend their own weapon technology, whose to say the Russians can't easily match and exceed their technology. Russia has a huge black budget that focuses on reengineering UFO.
It could be a war of a different level.