It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A Versus Russia in an all out War?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Russia is not dumb. In fact they have some of the worlds best people working in rocket and science programs. A ground war is out of the question. Russia is not going to let a half million or more US soldiers just run over the country. Think COLD brutal cold, and lets not forget that the Russians could just go ahead and hit drop those nukes from low level bombers on or near carrier groups. In the end the loss of lives and friendship makes this whole idea silly and not worth the effort I just took in typing this crap out.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by (^_^)

Originally posted by Arc Angel

Another thing I'd like to voice my opinion on is the logistics of attacking Russia via the ground. If you look on wikipedia, you can see we have bases located all around the world. I don't think in this day and age of technology would it be difficult to transport goods and materials such a long way. Sure, cold weather hampers operations, but the US would be able to protect it's sea lanes with our large Navy.

I don't think in this day and age of technology would it be difficult to wipe out all these bases which are you talking about... You might be thinking that war with Russia will be something like Iraq?

One last thing I'd like to add, I am very patriotic about my country, however I do respect my enemies. The Russians are much more resourceful then us, however I think American's are superior fighters to them. People talk about the mess in Iraq...well, that's what a Counter-Insurgent war is like. Iraq is actually pretty safe for an American. Why?
More than 4,000 people die in America each year from car accidents. We've lost 4,000 people over there in 5 years. Don't doubt our #ing military. "How can you make a war zone safer then your homeland?"

Do you have a point? In war with Russia you will have 4k each day...

And speaking of the Russian military, hows that second Chechen war going? They got an insurgent warfare on their hands, and they've fought 2 wars over that place.

Speaking of US military, how’s that Iraq war going?

And to the dude who's 54 years old living with 25 year old Russian boys...that's just #ing creepy. Either you're making it up or you have some problems. To the Americans who doubt our military, go up to a Marine and call him a pussy.

To the Americans who doubt Russian military, go up to a Speznas soldier and call him a pussy.

"I am very patriotic about my country, however I do respect my enemies."

ha ha Right... so muh respect you got there... should keep that mouth closed then...

War with Russia is nothing like war with Iraq... it will be WW3 and an end to 90% of population... and the rest 10% will live in peace for 1000
years... he he

And who are you?

Speaking of US military, how’s that Iraq war going?- Going pretty well, seeing how their hasn't been a single terrorist attack on America since. Fight them over there and not here. As I stated before, 4k in 5 years.

Spentnaz is Special Forces, and once again you provide no info on how Russia would conventionally WIN a war. They MAY be able to defend their homeland, but no-one has mentioned one way Russia would be able to conventionally take over the US w/o the usage of allies or nukes.
Navy SEAL>Spentnaz

And wiping out 733 known installations throughout the world would be easy? When you have the 2nd largest and MOST powerful military in the world defending them? Get real.

"We'd lose 4k a day." How? Iraq uses Russian made weaponry, Vietnam used Russian made weaponry. Kill/Death ratio in Iraq now is 14/1 and in Vietnam it was 10/1. However that was after the insurgent warfare in Iraq. I believe we only took 93 casualties against Iraq's 'Standing Army'.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Arc Angel

Just get Canada to do it. They beat them at hockey numerous times and the Russians don't mess with them, or even look at them.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Are you still going on about this?

1. The Russians are not the Iraqis, this was pointed out to you. The Russians are hardcore TRAINED fighters. They will not cut and run. They will not give one inch of Russian soil.

2. You can't say Navy SEALS > Spetsnatz. I would hate to see that fight. Spetsnatz are ruthless. They will do things that will make you download some brownware in your pants.

3. The US would be lucky to ONLY lose 4000 a day.

4. You were the one that brought this up and still haven't been able to how the US could even remotely come close to taking Russia, not too sure when you switched it to Russia taking over the US.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Rook1545]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Still using his wikipedia i see lol.He has to much time on his hands to be continuing looking things up.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You guys do realize that we could totally decimate Russia with our Air Force alone, right?

If we threw absolutely everything that we had at them, in one massive mission with the AF, Russia would be screwed. We just simply have a lot more, and a lot better resources. A whole Wing of F-22's, F-16's, F-15's, A-10's, B-2's, etc etc... would get the job done, without having any troops on the ground.

Conversely, they could probably do something similar to us if we wernt on our toes.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Yeah i posted that in the start of the thread.But i started reading more information and understand the su30 outmanuvered the f15 from some indian training.

WASHINGTON, JUNE 24 (AFP)

The US Air Force got a "wake-up call" in air-to-air training exercises with India earlier this year that showed the United States can no longer take air superiority for granted in a conflict, a top US general has said.

A study of the "Cope India" air exercise, conducted by the US and Indian air forces in Gwalior last February, is secret, said General Hal Hornburg, head of the US Air Force's Air Combat Command.

"But we have to learn a lot of things from that," he told defence reporters here. "We have to learn if we want air superiority it doesn't come cheap and it's not automatic." The Russian-made SU-30s are reported to have bested the F-15s in a majority of their engagements, much to the surprise of the organisers.

It was the first time the two top-of-the-line US and Russian-made fighters have flown against each other in an exercise, an Air Force spokeswoman said.

It pitted F-15Cs from the Air Force's 3rd Wing out of Elmendorf Air Force Base in Alaska against a variety of Indian fighters, not just the SU-30s. They included Russian-built MiG-21s, MiG-29s and French-made Mirage 2000s.

Although the US fighters flew with certain restrictions that handicapped their effectiveness, the performance of the Indian fighters exceeded expectations.

"In general, we may have learned some things that suggest we may not be as far ahead of the rest of the world as we once thought we were," Hornburg said.

Hornburg said the results of the exercise showed the need for the F/A-22 Raptor and the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF). Both aircraft are stealthier than the F-15, but the F/A-18 also has greater range and speed than the Air Force's existing fighters.

The Air Force has been battling the perception that the costly new fighters are a luxury at a time when the United States has dominance in the air.

"I thought it was a wake-up call for some things that we've been talking about before, and it provided validation," Hornburg said.

The trade journal Aviation Week and Space Technology reported last month that the exercises showed the SU-30s had a clear advantage over the F-15C in a long-range fight.

The US and Indian aircraft were seeing each other at the same time with their radars but the SU-30 pilots were able to simulate-fire their Russian-made AA-10 "fire-and-forget" Alamo missiles first, the weekly said.

Experts say the SU-30 has a more advanced radar than the F-15C.

Hornburg said the F-15Cs that took part in "Cope India" were not equipped with the latest US active electronically scanned array radar.

"We are going to put new radars, as much as we can afford, in the F-16s and the F-15Es, and my prediction is we will have to do for the F-15C as well in due course," the general said.

The exercise appears to hold lessons for the Air Force in East Asia, where China is acquiring SU-27 and SU-30 fighters and AA-12 air-to-air missiles.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Of course this was 4 years ago.I would like to hear about them sending the new f35 and f22 there and then see what happens if they havent done so already.Where are these hardcore fighter buffs and their knowledge when u need them?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Thats a good read....but its kinda out-dated. I dont think we realize how bad ass the F-22 actually is.

I heard stories from Red Flag where the F-22 had like a 50-1 kill ratio to the F-15.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Yeah i heard some stories how they outgunned the f18 superhornets some place in Alaska on a bad ratio.Here a link to the 2007.

www.defenseindustrydaily.com...
Also info on Raptor engagements.

During Exercise "Northern Edge 2006" (a simulated war game), in Alaska (June 2006), the F-22 reportedly proved its mettle against as many as 40 U.S Air Force simulated "enemy aircraft" during simulated battles. The Raptor is claimed to have achieved a 108:0 kill ratio at that exercise.[36]

In April 2006, During a Red Air exercise a Super Hornet F/A-18 F guns a F-22 down. [37]

An F-16C pilot assigned to the 64th Aggressor Squadron gained the first-ever F-22 simulated kill in Red Flag, February 2007. [94th commander] Lt. Col. Dirk Smith told AFM. [38]
[edit on 19-6-2008 by alienstar]

[edit on 19-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

And who are you?

Speaking of US military, how’s that Iraq war going?- Going pretty well, seeing how their hasn't been a single terrorist attack on America since. Fight them over there and not here. As I stated before, 4k in 5 years.

Spentnaz is Special Forces, and once again you provide no info on how Russia would conventionally WIN a war. They MAY be able to defend their homeland, but no-one has mentioned one way Russia would be able to conventionally take over the US w/o the usage of allies or nukes.
Navy SEAL>Spentnaz

And wiping out 733 known installations throughout the world would be easy? When you have the 2nd largest and MOST powerful military in the world defending them? Get real.

"We'd lose 4k a day." How? Iraq uses Russian made weaponry, Vietnam used Russian made weaponry. Kill/Death ratio in Iraq now is 14/1 and in Vietnam it was 10/1. However that was after the insurgent warfare in Iraq. I believe we only took 93 casualties against Iraq's 'Standing Army'.

And who are you to start this ridiculous topic with full of propaganda fed information!
Iraq war going well? American soldiers die for nothing... well no... They die to fill Bush's money pockets... With statement like that you should be sent to Iraq... will see how long you will survive before getting beheaded!

How Russia could defend her self from US... simple... "Woodpecker"...

For you to use all your F22s you need to be parked near by... yet you fail to understand that unlike Iraq that had no means of destroying your Aircraft carriers Russia would take them out in the first days of war! With that done... all your bases around Europe would be wiped out in the matter of days! Your Network will go down as all your satellites will be destroyed... without GPS US solders will get lost coughcough (Joke!) S-300, S-400, soon to be out S-500, Topal-M which is unstoppable... US has top of the line Jets while Russia has top of the line Missiles that take down these top of the line Jets... get it? When you picking on the camel you might get spit in your face.... When you pick on a bear... you will get your head torn off... get it? Then again why I am posting this... if arc angel had any brains he would never started this topic in the first place... o.O I am same I guess

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis

Just get Canada to do it. They beat them at hockey numerous times and the Russians don't mess with them, or even look at them.

2008 IIHF World Championship Canada 4 - Russia 5 (Overtime)

QUEBEC CITY – The host country hex continues. Canada has failed to defend its world title on home turf.
aww dont feel bad... maybe next year you could use your post.. when Canada actually wins...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
See the thing is, the F-22 is a STEALTH FIGHTER! How are you going to shoot something down when you dont know its there?

If you dont think that the US has very advanced counter-measures against SAM's, then you really have your head in the sand. What the public knows is about 2% of what we really have available. I think some of you dont realize how deep it actually goes.

If we unloaded the full arsenal, there is no way anyone on the planet could even touch us. Im not trying to come here and puff up my chest and be super patriotic, im just saying the truth.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by (^_^)

We had to let them win this time or they'd nuke us....lol
....it's a glaring match.

And I don't trust the juniors to due anything.

Plus I sense hostility in your comment, as if I offended you that I didn't recognize that russian juniors FINALLY won...geez, finally they beat Canada and you think you own the world...lol.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
See the thing is, the F-22 is a STEALTH FIGHTER! How are you going to shoot something down when you dont know its there?

If you dont think that the US has very advanced counter-measures against SAM's, then you really have your head in the sand. What the public knows is about 2% of what we really have available. I think some of you dont realize how deep it actually goes.

Dont you think the Russians have thought of this?

They are not some third world country, they do have very able designers and technicians. Just because we havent heard of all of the Russians capabilities does not mean that they dont have them.

And by the way, how are you going to get your 'stealth fighters' over Russian territory in the first place.

Air superiority will mean 'jack sh*t' in an invasion of Russia. You dont conquer a country with airpower, you still have to have boots on the ground and that is something the US does not have enough of.

A successful invasion of either Russia or the US is highly improbable and virtually impossible due to the very size of the land masses of both countries.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If you live in the Washington DC area, you better believe that Russia wouldn't think twice about nuking you. As stated before, their fight is with the government, and I understand that they have a very intimate connection with the 9 billion dollar world's largest atom smasher built this year called CERN.

Tis a great day in hell.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Also, Russia doesn't have their army occupying other parts of the globe, they can easily hide the bulk of their army under a staged mobilization and this would MEET the US threat while Russia has a lot more forces to place strategically in any battle at will. US would be outnumbered and outresourced on their own land, if it came to that. It would be up to the people to raise arms against the russians on US territory.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Also, I wouldn't trust the US Air Force to be competent enough to dogfight the russians. I mean, they just let a 1000 sensitive pieces of NUCLEAR material go missing did they not? Probably ended up in some hostile hands.

If they can't even be trusted to defend their own weapon technology, whose to say the Russians can't easily match and exceed their technology. Russia has a huge black budget that focuses on reengineering UFO.

- ufo-media.com...

It could be a war of a different level.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by narin
Also, I wouldn't trust the US Air Force to be competent enough to dogfight the russians. I mean, they just let a 1000 sensitive pieces of NUCLEAR material go missing did they not? Probably ended up in some hostile hands.

If they can't even be trusted to defend their own weapon technology, whose to say the Russians can't easily match and exceed their technology. Russia has a huge black budget that focuses on reengineering UFO.

- ufo-media.com...

It could be a war of a different level.

LOL...

The US Air Force is PLENTY competent........trust me. You really have no idea.

At all.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's said that it's three times easier to defend any given area than it is to capture it. If that's the case, then whichever country was on the defensive would be the likely winner.

For any other outcome to be the case, the attacking country would have to send over a force three times better than the defending country.

I don't think either country can seriously make the claim that they are THAT superior to the other. Yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join