It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rhode Island school district chipping children!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well I am not going to assume anything is to come of this but Rhode Island is starting to microchip children's school bags. Is it safe to say that the government might implement these chips to every kid if everything goes well?
So far they are testing this on 80 children...if it goes well then maybe every single one.

(NaturalNews) A Rhode Island school district has announced a pilot program to monitor student movements by means of radio frequency identification (RFID) chips implanted in their schoolbags.

The Middletown School District, in partnership with MAP Information Technology Corp., has launched a pilot program to implant RFID chips into the schoolbags of 80 children at the Aquidneck School. Each chip would be programmed with a student identification number, and would be read by an external device installed in one of two school buses. The buses would also be fitted with global positioning system (GPS) devices.
Source

Another Source
Another Source

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why don't we just start putting shock collars on them? Maybe then we can not only keep track of them but discipline them at the same time.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I agree; the chipping program is dehumanizing at best. And see how it's sold "for the protection" of the kids. I have no doubt the Feds wish to implement a mandatory chipping program by incrementalism. By the way, thread is already posted here.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Surely this will fail though, I know at my school out of about 80 people 3 or 4 will have forgotten their bag and a completely random other number will have a different bag with them on that day.

The numbers will make no sense what so ever. Which could then lead to the school saying this doesn't work, so instead we'll have to chip the actual child.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If I were among the kids, I would start a chip exchange program.
That would drive the monitoring software NUTS. Can you imagine the chaos and panic with all the alarms going off. Everyone would look like they were getting on and off the wrong busses.

Definately a doomed project, not a threat to the children RFID has such short range. More of a threat to the sanity of the principal and teachers.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I get the impression from the article that this is in the testing stages. I would think that they probably sent notices to parents to volunteer for the program.

What scares me more than the chipping program is that they may actually get parents of 80 students to volunteer for it.

top topics

join