It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Marines Vs. Haditha Smear Merchants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The Marines Vs. Haditha Smear Merchants

www.townhall.com

Yet another U.S. Marine, Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani, had charges dropped Tuesday in the so-called Haditha massacre -- bringing the total number of Marines who've been cleared or won case dismissals in the Iraq war incident to seven. "Undue command influence" on the prosecution led to the outcome in Chessani's case. Bottom line: That's zero for seven for military prosecutors, with one trial left to go.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
article.nationalreview.com

[edit on 17-6-2008 by BlasteR]

Mod Edit - trimmed down to guidlines.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for Murtha. He has attacked our own armed forces and lost. I doubt highly you will hear much about this from the mainstream media especially seeing how most of the major media outlets already had their minds made up before the trials even began. It seems their self-fulfilling prophecy wasn\'t exactly without the possibility of backlash.

www.townhall.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ive been following this case since i heard of it.

It is by far the most sick example of a goverment offical hanging our troops for personal gain i have ever seen.

Murtha should burn for this.

He helped spread enemy propaganda, nothing less.

I feel so sorry for our men in battle, they have to worry about scumbag lawyers looking over thier shoulder, scumbag lawyers that will side with the enemy, LIE, and slander our nations bravest...

Why did this get so far... why were the marines 'thrown' to the dogs for doing thier job...?

So some moronic 2-star general can earn his 3rd star...

What even more sick, is that the MSM was ALL over this, saying that the Marines commited a masacure, and that they are all guilty, and this and that.

But in the end, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM HAS BEEN PROVEN INOCENT!

And not a word from the MSM. This is the MSM at its worst.

I gaurentee that 99% of the people on this site have no idea what happen in this case. This was probaly the biggest military trial since vetinam, and all the media did was charecter assasinate our marines, with the traitor jack Murtha leading the charge, siding with the enemy.

If we had a competemt Commander in Cheid, Murtha would be dragged out and shot, or at least charged with treason... at least thats what would happen in a legitimate country...

I am very happy that ALL the marines have been proven inocent, but that Rat bastard Murtha is still a free man, that peice of garbage deserves the worst. He is the biggest recipiant of Pork in American history...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
If we had a competemt Commander in Cheid, Murtha would be dragged out and shot, or at least charged with treason... at least thats what would happen in a legitimate country...

I am very happy that ALL the marines have been proven inocent, but that Rat bastard Murtha is still a free man, that peice of garbage deserves the worst. He is the biggest recipiant of Pork in American history...

Allow me to retort....
As edjumacated as I believe you to be, I don't expect you to really understand the gravity of what you just said.

In 1959, Murtha, then a captain, took command of the 34th Special Infantry Company, Marine Corps Reserves, in Johnstown. He remained in the Reserves after his discharge from active duty until he volunteered for service in the Vietnam War, serving from 1966 to 1967, serving as a battalion staff officer (S-2 Intelligence Section), receiving the Bronze Star with Valor device, two Purple Hearts and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry. He retired from the Reserves as a colonel in 1990, receiving the Navy Distinguished Service Medal.

This is a real soldier and American. As far as I can understand, having accountability is a GOOD thing. Please ponder for a moment before you spew this kind of trash....I feel a little dumber for reading it. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
This is a real soldier and American. As far as I can understand, having accountability is a GOOD thing.

Do you think that serving for ones country, makes them immune to treason? That beacuse 40 years ago he served, that he will forever only serve this country? And that he cannot be currupted by outside forces?

This man sided with the enemy on this issue. This man took the propaganda of the enemy, and used it to further his own carrer, by throwing the marines under the bus.

Murtha sided with the enemy on this. He spoke the propaganda of our enemy in the house. He sided with them, and alot with Mugert at Time, pushed this thing. Using the story of the enemy, against our own men.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So...7 guys get wrongly accused and it is an outrage...yet you have a camp full of people who could be in the same boat, thousands more (not all of those shot up were guilty) dead without trial that probably could have been in the same boat...and that doesn't bother you...interesting...I really and truly hope that at the end of this travesty in human history that there is another trial, Nuremberg style, and that the people responsible for this are held accountable.

The American people are so proud of the fact that back in 1945, they helped bring down a tyrannical regime, yet in the new millennium are more than willing to facilitate a government that is will to repeat history so freely. I find that more than a bit sad and disheartening.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree with you Kain. It seems you've followed it closer than I have, but this is a prime example of how, for political reasons, the politicians (i.e. Jack Murtha) pointed the finger at the men in uniform (including Genreal Chessani). And the media itself isn't exactly completely innocent here.

Everyone, media included, was talking about how there was all this evidence that proved this was a massacre carried out by American soldiers. The families of the soldiers involved have had to deal with fallout you or I could only imagine. Apparently there wasn't THAT much evidence or General Chessani's case wouldn't have been tossed out.

What would be really funny is if the media broke out with this news story only to take a completely different stance on the side of the soldiers. That, in and of itself, would prove how diluted and hypocritical the media really is.

And don't forget that president Bush could have stopped this at any point by signing-in an executive order.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Held accountable yes.. Like those in the oval office perhaps..

-ChriS

[edit on 18-6-2008 by BlasteR]

[edit on 18-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I realise that most people proably havent followed this, and those that did, would be hard pressed to find any true from the MSM, here is a summary of the events, as far as i know.

A group of marines were on partol in heditha, they were hit by a roadside bomb, and one marine was killed.

The marines then cleared a car that had 5 hositles in it.

Then the marines had to 'clear' several buildings. (clear is a military term that ussaly means a flashbang/Gernade thru the door, into a room, so to disoriate anyone inside)

After the buildings were cleared, there were several woman/children who where being used as human shields and were caught in the crossfire.

Later, days after, Iraqi civilians gave thier side of the report to a Times Journalist, Tim McGurk, who ran with the Iraqi story and called it the Heditha Massacare. Leaving out the the FACT of the firefight that preceded the marines actions.

Then, after McGurk ran the one-sided story, Murtha picked up on it, and publicly lambasted the Marines on the floor of the house, calling them nazis.

Then the NCIS assigned 65 agents to investigate these men. The army spent untold millions of dollars persequiting our marines, for doing thier job.

Generl Chessani, wasnt even within a hundred miles of this incedent when it took place, but yet he became the highest military offical to be investigated for war crimes since Vetinam.

That is basicly the preface, on to How this happen, and who made it happen.

now, each of the men accused have had the charges dropped, but they will never get teh 2+ years of thier lifes back.

When the story first broke, the MSM was going gaga over it, screaming that it was a massacure, and these men were murders, and that they killed inocents in cold blood. All Garbage, all propaganda from the enimies mouth. Tim Mcgurk threw evidence, and objective journailsm to the wind, so he could report a 'tragic' story, that would get press, and readers. Murtha then jumped at the oppertunity to look good in front of his constituents, he pacified the radical anti-war people by attacking US marines, this got him relelceted.

Other evidence has come to light, at the trial, the NCIS lawyers, showed a video of what happen, that was recorded from a Preaditior Drone, during the trail, the Lawyers, edited down a 16 min video of teh incident, to a 4 min video that ONLY highlighted the actions of the marines, and was done so to put the marines in a bad light. And did not show what caused the Disturbance. In fact, during the initail orgaismic state the media was in, they made no mention of the Marine who died, which caused this event to occur.

Now one after one, these men are being proven inncocent. But thier lifes have been ruined.

The other major player in this is Gen. James Mattis, a 3 star general prior to this encounter, was promated to a 4-star general after HE threw Col. Chessani under the bus. And testifiyed against him, and the other marines.

So heres the quick recap:
Marines come under attack
Marines fight back
Iraqi tells Time Magazine a story
Time, and Tim McGurk run the story as 'The Heditha Masacure'
Jack Murtha Jumps on board and throws the marines under the bus, gets reelected
Gen. James Mattis who gave up the marines and Col. Chessani, gets Promated, and earns another Star for his work in throwing his men under the bus
One by one the charges are dropped against the marines
Now, the cleared Marines will be suing Murtha for slander, and destroying thier name

This is terrifying. Our own country men will throw our men under the bus, in teh name of another star for a general, or another term for a pork-barreling rep...

Jack Murtha is the Enemy within, make no mistake about it.

Feel free to add any other relevent info...

Here he is asked if he wants to amend any of his comments about the marines, now that they have been dropped of charges, but he just dodges it, and says, 'Its still on trail', he is clearly disturbed that the marines are innocent, and now he has egg on his face.

And here is the MSM making an attack on Murtha, due to his INSANE pork barreling! He is the biggest recipiant of pork in American History!

Here is his office, refusing to comment on the situation.
Heres an updae on how the Mariens legal battle against Murtha is starting...

*** Edit, it was not Murtha that called the troops Nazis, it was Durbin, my bad...

Here is Murtha sticking his foot in his mouth, and showing how the media was covering to story, calling it a massacure from the moment it was a story...

Here is a well done vid, that is about a year old, old, but still revelent... and it shows clips of Murtha i couldnt find...

A soilder puts Murtha in his place, and leaves him speachless...

OK, ill stop posting Murtha... im getting sick...

[edit on 6/18/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I will try to make this easy for you, by using quotes.....

After all you like T.J. don't you?

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

...or this one...

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson

I still do not understand how you can come to the conclusion that:

Murtha should burn for this.

He helped spread enemy propaganda, nothing less.

So...every time some douche on fox news says be outraged, you comply?
I would suggest reading up a little on some REAL patriots, not the made-up Pvt. Lynch as Rambo stories you get from your "alternative" news sources.

If no one questions what is going on we will not be "free" much longer.
I will end with a few more words from your man Tommy:

If God is just, I tremble for my country.
Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hate to point out the obvious, but none of these marines have been 'proven innocent'. Most of them have avoided trial by making deals with the prosecution for immunity, had their charges modified, or had their trials canceled on technicalities such as this latest one.

I'm not saying they're guilty, but none have been brought to trial so far. That's not quite the same as 'proven innocent' and doesn't explain how 15 Iraqi civilians got shot in the head.

Charges Dropped
source
On April 17, 2007, the Marine Corps dropped all charges against Sgt. Sanick P. Dela Cruz in exchange for his testimony. Seven other Marines involved in the incident have also been granted immunity.[48]

On August 9, 2007, all charges against Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt and Capt. Randy Stone were dropped.[35] On October 19th, Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt's commanding officer decided the charges should be lowered to involuntary manslaughter, reckless endangerment and aggravated assault..[11]

On September 18, 2007, all charges against Captain Lucas McConnell were dropped in exchange for immunity and his cooperation with the investigation. [49]

On March 28, 2008, all charges against LCpl. Stephen Tatum were dropped. [50]

On June 17, 2008, all charges against Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani were dropped citing unlawful command influence.[13]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I heard that these charges were bogus over a year ago. I personally know one of the officers who was on the scene. He didn't divulge any details, but the indication was clear, though not directly from him, that the charges were false.

Good to see the military legal system work the way it is supposed to, bringing truth and justice to the fore and defending the innocent from false accusations.

Rep. Murtha and the rest of the bandwagon, at the very least, need to apologize to and beg forgiveness from these brave Marines who stood their ground and did their duty under unimaginable conditions and circumstances.

Semper Fi!

edit to clarify opening statement for accuracy

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Rep. Murtha and the rest of the bandwagon, at the very least, need to apologize to and beg forgiveness from these brave Marines who stood their ground and did their duty under unimaginable conditions and circumstances.

Now....that's a relevant argument. Even if I disagree with the situation over there, I don't believe that they need they're jobs to be any harder.

There needs to be accountability, but I would say start at the top...not the grunt on the ground.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Murtha is one of the slimiest, greediest, most economically wasteful U.S. congressman in history. It's sad to know that because of his ranting and the media following suit that the marines involved will always have this to deal with. They've been outrightly attacked and accused of breaking the law when the claims were simply false. The media followed suit to Murtha's ranting, and the people, largely, believed what they were being told. These marines were just doing their jobs.

I wouldn't be too surprised if that "commendant" he was talking about meeting in his office was actually the general bucking for his next star making a deal with Murtha behind the curtain. General Chessani and the marines involved, they were all considered to be acceptable collateral damage to Murtha. For all we know he was bribed by the very general who got his next star shortly after this story became public in the media.

Disgusting.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Just thought I would give you all an update in this story I heard on the radio tonite driving home from work.

I was listening to "The Savage Nation" when Michael Savage said that General Chessani would again be court martialed even though the previous case was dropped. Not really sure yet what he was saying since I didn't have time to listen to the whole program.. If anyone else has info. on this feel free to let us know.

From what I've been reading, this new case isn't for sure yet.

A judge in the U.S. military court system today tossed out the charges against a Marine officer whose soldiers were caught in a bloody firefight with insurgents in 2005 in Haditha, Iraq.

The decision from Col. Steven Folsom came in the case against Lt. Col. Jeffrey Chessani after defense lawyers from the Thomas More Law Center raised the specter of unlawful command influence by confirming an "investigator" in the case also met dozens of times with commanders deciding the course of the prosecution.

Folsom's ruling dismissed the charges without prejudice, which means prosecutors could restart the case, but the judge said the Marine Forces Central Command could not be involved if that happens.

You can see more on this story here:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

It turns out that some of the soldiers are preparing to fight back against Jack Murtha. See this story also here on world net daily..
www.worldnetdaily.com...

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR

I was listening to "The Savage Nation" when Michael Savage said that General Chessani would again be court martialed even though the previous case was dropped.
-ChriS

Yep...

The enemy within is again bringing the charges on him... they have unlimited funds.... Col. Chisani is just a man.

Just a man, with 6 kids, and 20 years of serving his country... Now Murtha wants to see these marines burn...

Grafilthy, i don't take orders, or ideas from Faux news... Fox news was one of THE WORST when it came to vilifying the marines as the evil people, and saying that the Marines had commited a Heditha Masacure...

new topics

top topics

join