It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is the Constitution. Show me where terrorists have rights?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You either support habeas corpus or you do not.

Check out "Taxi to the Dark Side" it is murder and it is wrong pure and simple. I think any real american knows that instictivley.

yeah a tricky lawyer can find a loophole for george and dick. but really i'm not looking for a way around the geneva conventions or the constitution are you?? everybody and i mean everybody deserves their day in court. what are the charges against me...who is accusing me...am i guilty or not guilty...do you really want to give that up??? i don't.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

The Constitution does not "offer rights."

The Constitution most certainly does offer rights. The Bill of Rights are the first 10 admendments to the Constitution.

Actually, it doesn't. But what it does do is limit the powers of government with respect to those rights.

Read the language carefully. You'll see it immediately.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Actually, it doesn't. But what it does do is limit the powers of government with respect to those rights.

I am confused on the differentiation you are making. Could you provide an example.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The most interesting part of this conversation is that several of you call GWB a terrorist.

It is implied that the U.S has no right to impose itself on others, either financially, spiritually or politically.

BUT...we can impose our laws.

That being said, do we strike at others who ignore our laws that we now impose on others?

Never in our history have we bestowed U.S. civil right on foreign lands. SO now we must have MIRANDA copies in the pockets of every U.S service man and woman.

And if they don't speak English?
And if we forget to Mirandize?
And the right to speedy trial in a battlefiled situation?
And where do we house the lawyers ina battlefiled situation?

And don't forget something...EVERY country that has put terrorists on trial has had attacks on those courts. The room itself, Judges and their families killed...

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Aww poor baby. Are the brown people scaring you?

Grow a pair. Or don't you trust your legal system to bring them to justice? If that's the case, why not fix the problem instead of making the US look like a bunch of scared kids? Every person in Gitmo is a stain on the US's history. They are doing more harm to the US in Gitmo than if they were terrorists (which has yet to be proved, for the vast, vast, vast majority) and free.

[edit on 22/6/08 by dave420]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Freed Gitmo detainees back in rebel ranks, officials say

Several detainees released by the U.S. military from the detention center in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have rejoined their former comrades-in-arms and taken part in fresh attacks on American troops, according to Defense Department officials and a senior Republican lawmaker.

Childish, naive and pathetic. The words that best describe your post.

Just leave your address and the Military will drop off the released detainess at your house for processing back to their home country. Unless these poor, innocent sheephearders and farmers are a threat to you.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

did you read what they quoted? do you have any idea what you are talking about, or even what they are talking about in the little snipet that you tried to put a spin on to fit your derranged way of talking?

they were defining what a citizen is, it's a PERSON BORN IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. if you are not a citizen of the united states of American then you have no rights as one, and are not protected by our constitution or bill of rights.

this is SLIGHTLY off topic:

but i was REALLY pissed when those Mexican immigrants were shutting things down and protesting in my country.... why? you might ask? well it's because THEY ARE NOT CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY, and therefore should not be privy to the same rights and priveleges that i enjoy or any other LEGAL citizen of this country enjoys

in other words what im saying is that the constitution does not DEFINE what a person is. it only uses the word as a descriptor of what it takes to be a US citizen

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Terrorists are nothing more then men fighting for what they believe to be true. They are often very good men, with familys. homes, and yes BRAINS. They have the RIGHT to engage us on the battlefied just as much as we have the right to engage them. We kill eachother pretty much the exact same way. Bullets,bombs, and fire. They are no more barbaric then we are.

I'll give my last living breath to fight for my country. I'd fight any enemy my country send me to engage. I will NOT disrespect them and deny them their HUMAN rights. Don't they eat, breathe, love, and give just like we do? They are doing what they believe that has to be done, just as we are doing what we think has to be done. Sometimes, I have more in common with my enemy then most Americans back home. People here can talk and talk about the war,politics, and Iraq. They'll rant on and on. They'll NEVER see it like US military and the Insurgents. For we are putting our lives on the line for our beliefs and our jobs. It gives us at very least one common ground, courage.

Every human being on Earth has rights. Insurgent, American, European, Muslim, Jew, you get the point.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah
Terrorists are nothing more then men fighting for what they believe to be true. They are often very good men, with familys. homes, and yes BRAINS. They have the RIGHT to engage us on the battlefied just as much as we have the right to engage them. We kill eachother pretty much the exact same way. Bullets,bombs, and fire. They are no more barbaric then we are.

I'll give my last living breath to fight for my country. I'd fight any enemy my country send me to engage. I will NOT disrespect them and deny them their HUMAN rights. Don't they eat, breathe, love, and give just like we do? They are doing what they believe that has to be done, just as we are doing what we think has to be done. Sometimes, I have more in common with my enemy then most Americans back home. People here can talk and talk about the war,politics, and Iraq. They'll rant on and on. They'll NEVER see it like US military and the Insurgents. For we are putting our lives on the line for our beliefs and our jobs. It gives us at very least one common ground, courage.

Every human being on Earth has rights. Insurgent, American, European, Muslim, Jew, you get the point.

I give a star good sir. I agree with you 100%. I have always believed, the only thing that makes you a bad guy is which side of the gun you are on. Thank you for reminding us that soldiers are more than a guy with a gun like we are led to believe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join