It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents confirm U.S. hid detainees from Red Cross

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Documents confirm U.S. hid detainees from Red Cross

www.mcclatchydc.com

The U.S. military hid the locations of suspected terrorist detainees and concealed harsh treatment to avoid the scrutiny of the International Committee of the Red Cross, according to documents that a Senate committee released Tuesday.

"We may need to curb the harsher operations while ICRC is around. It is better not to expose them to any controversial techniques," Lt. Col. Diane Beaver...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wow, it just keeps getting more and more ugly. Hiding prisoners can only have one explanation / rational ... Dishonesty.

This administration has sunk so incredibly low, tis is simply pathetic. The USA has become exactly what we once stood against.

Bush and friends really should be charged in a criminal court for these actions, as they are lawless and despicable.

Hopefully hte world community sees the light and does just that because our system is currently too corrupt to do it.

www.mcclatchydc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Such reports have lost their shock value for a while now, but this is very sad indeed that the US stoops now to hiding its prisoners from the Red Cross. The number of reasons US detention facilities are not like Soviet-era gulags dwindles by the day.

And the administration is so fond of these gulags that they refuse to disband them, even under continued, mounting pressure, leaks and embarrassments such as this latest revelation, and the recent Supreme Court decision. They've lost all moral compass, though I honestly don't believe they ever had any in the first place to lose.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
this isent surprising, dissapointing? yes, depressing? yes but not surprising. we can just add this to the huge list of crimes, deceptions and out right inhumane acts the goverment has commited in recent years. id say it makes me miss what america was like when i was younge but i know better now. the shiny america i saw as a child was just patriotic ramblings from my father and authority figures and my own lack of perception.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Yes, I too was shocked but not particularly surprised by this news article. We had a piece on our local news site today which may also be of interest. See: www.24.com...

It seems that the whole world is starting to hear and see just how bad things have become in the US Government.

top topics

join