It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way to have RSS feeds to ATS, Infowars, earthfiles, etc?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I would like to have dynamic content so that when you arrive at the home page, you will see the latest stories & issues from sites that will be presented by category. Since my site is mainly about getting all the great info from many different websites, what would be the best way of doing that? - I'll work on the RSS updated info for my site itself, so people can see what has changed, after I get RSS info appear on my site so that if I don't have time to update it one day, people will not miss an important story ever. It's actually essential.

Thanks!

PS: (I have already posted a thread about my site, but getting right down to it, this is what I really need help with, because there are too many ways of implementing RSS feeds on a site, but I want to know the best way). Sorry for sort of double posting, (well not really, I'm specifically asking for RSS help) but there was way too much text to read on this thread, for I kind went overboard with the subjectivity. - Please forgive me

Thank you everyone, & have a great summer!

PPS: There should be a simple smiley on here as well. - You know, just an unanimated

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hi There

Here's a few sites that are worth having a look at if you haven't already seen them

rssfeedreader.com...

www.syndic8.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DodgeG1

Thanks, but I'm more interested in a way to get rss from many different sites appear by keywords only, like say, when the mainstream 'media' on yahoo talk about UFOs, I'd like to get that too...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There are many ways to display RSS feed on your site.

Both ATS and infowars (prisonplanet doesn't, I think) already have feeds, so they can be easily displayed on your site. (see above)

If you want only certain keywords to display on your site, this is a bit trickier. You could use a service like googleAlert (not affiliated with Google) and have you search result output to an RSS file. Then display this feed on your site.

You can have it scour the entire web are restrict it to certain sites. (ATS, infowars etc.)

Of course this is only one way to do what you want, there's probably tons of better ways.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply! I know there are many ways, & I was overwhelmed a bit, because aparently it's important to have fresh content everyday to increase traffic, & if you've checked out my site, you'd see that it should be seen by as many as people as possible, before it's too late!

I've implemented RSS for infowars, earthfiles & Globalresearch.ca so far...

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Using a combo of _javascript and YAHOO PIPES you can make and format rss in anyway you want... check out my latest design for Strange Music... www.ftirecords.com/strangefeeds/test.html

I sell these designs and can also make them flash so you can post them anywhere... U2U me if you are interested.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

I made a few scripts that you can embed and use on your website:

infowars.gobyte.net...
www.gobyte.net... (new version coming soon)

These are blends of php and _javascript automatic updating from RSS from infowars and prisonplanet every second hour. The infowars newsticker is being used on site such as loose change forum and many more. You can see them in use here: hangmansnews.com...

Take care
LabLogic.net

new topics

top topics

join