It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Terrorism: Let's Wait to Be Attacked?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I'm sorry, but this is just nonsense. Nowhere did he say we wait. We don't wait for domestic terrorists. We don't wait for any terrorists. We had crack law enforcement protection and intel agencies guarding us against "terrorism" before 9/11 and they did a fine job and continue to do so.

Seems like we caved to fear and lost our collective mind on 9/11 and looked like a bunch of pussies, led by the biggest one of them all. None of the actions taken by the current administration made us any safer if you take a good, hard, objective, and honest look. They pissed off the intell agencies, paid lip service to guarding our borders, put the letters TSA on uniforms at the airports and made us take our shoes off yet in reality did nothing to improve inspections at our ports, including food and toys, all the while pouring words of fear onto us like salt into wounds.

The people cowering about terrorism need to face this already and support the programs and people who really protect us and force the issues to the forefront where they don't.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Let see the OP had the right to go online and start this post which attacked someone elses point of view.

Now if Obama\Bush\Mccain or whatever chief didn't want people to disagree with them they could label the OP a terorist.

They would then Ban all media any discussion of them and their policies.

How successful would this be?
Should they arrest people they suspect of thinking of disagreeing with them.

No, and it wouldn't be very successful would it?

So what makes you think that it will be possible to stop people taking action against what they believe is a corrupt government.

therefore you will never stop terrorism and we can be gratefully for that because history shows us what government label as terrorist on occassion can really be a freedom fighter.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2
Now if Obama\Bush\Mccain or whatever chief didn't want people to disagree with them they could label the OP a terorist.

You have a very lose definition of what a terrorist is /would be. It would take more than disagreement to be a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hi,
911 wasn't exactly a terrorist attack.

by now everyone should know 911 was planned by Illuminati as a human sacrifice ritual.

I can't believe this many people still buy the bull# official media story.

when is the last time USA has a real terrorist attack?

and who would be retarded enough to try to take on US.

wake up people.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi,

by now everyone should know 911 was planned by Illuminati as a human sacrifice ritual.

I can't believe this many people still buy the bull# official media story.

when is the last time USA has a real terrorist attack?

and who would be retarded enough to try to take on US.

wake up people.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Is this the change Barack Hussein Obama is promising?

Doesn't sound like change, it sounds like the failed policy of Bill Clinton that led directly to 9/11/01.

Mind you, Bill Clinton left office with a 65% approval rating. The highest of any president since WW2. You're misunderstanding how life works here. If you get attacked, you're going to retaliate. UN Sanctions after Iraq invaded Kuwait led to the death of over 500,000+ children. One of the many reasons for 9/11. BLOWBACK.

After Russian troops invaded Afghanistan in 1979, the U.S CIA trained bin Laden and thousands of other Arab men. Often Bin Laden and his buddies were called "Freedom Fighters" by Regan.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
Hi,
wake up people.

If believing that sort of drivil is what constitutes being awake, no wonder I'm, along with lots of others, still snoring. I trust you have something that vaguely resembles proof?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
What a mess this whole thread is! I feel drained, reading all of these diverse posts and hot opinions.

Here is what I am leaving this thread with:

#

#1. You can't ignore due process of the law. It is what the country was founded on, and one of our most important precepts.

#2. That means you can't punish someone because you THINK they might commit a crime (although conspiracy to commit a crime is itself illegal.)

#3. The number of terrorist attacks is statistically insignificant when compared to overall murder rates.

#4. The rest of the world things the USA is pretty sloppy. Maybe even evil.

#5. It appears that Jamie is a political plant. (Cool. I am envious.)

#6. A real choice exists between McCain and Obama this year, which will likely have long term and lasting effects on our society and the rest of the world.

#

I don't have anything else to add. I think every possible angle has been stated at least once, although I will definitely check back later to see if there are any new arguments to be made.

(Edit: To fix grammar and spelling.)

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have lots of proof hold on

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

here youtube.com... there in parts on youtube proly easy to find.

and
youtube.com...

I thought everyone saw Illuminati videos, I have all DVD volumes (there's like 6 I think) so if you want to download the full video instead of youtube pm or email me and I can send.

if you believe 911 was a terrorist attack then you must also believe there looking for weapons of mass destruction still in Iraq.

the truth is Iraq is full of stuff valuable to puppet Mr.Bush like oil opium (bush family has been in opium trade for very long time) opium sales/use has gone thou the roof in US/Britain since they went into Iraq and also Iraq is home to the some ancient people dated before the Mayans with rich history they have items in museums that the US are taking for themselves and who knows what else. what you see on CNN is controlled media and if you think they are not killing civilians in Iraq your very wrong they target babies, children, man and woman, and use them as target practice.

too much tv bad for you.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by buds84]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Obama's entire attitude towards the threat of terrorism is to wait until the U.S. is attacked, and then prosecute the terrorists in criminal courts, giving foreign terrorist the same Constitutional rights as U.S. citizens.

Some one give this guy a book to read. The reason why he says that, is because terrorism is a created enemy to allow this nation to enter war with Iraq and Afghanistan, to benefit the rich people (Don't forget how much money Rockefeller made his first year in to the "War on Terror") , therefore there is no direct threat from a terrorists because the terrorists is your own fear. So he says lets wait for an attack to prove to America there is nothing to worry about because were fighting an enemy that doesn't exists. Don't forget Obama's champaign slogan, "Time for a change".

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

Originally posted by centurion1211

And you give no credit whatsoever to measures put in place to stop further terrorist attacks having (at least so far), accomplished that goal? You think maybe that they only planned these things while Clinton was "otherwise occupied", but gave it all up once Bush was in office? Where do you live and what are you talking about?

There is NO evidence that the Bush administration has caught ONE SINGLE terrorist with their new policies and actions. Point one out. Show me one single terrorist caught and prsecuted here in the USA that has been proven to be a threat to us.

BTW, I live in the USA and I am talking about how hijacked so many peoples minds are here in the US.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Animal]

It wouldn't hurt you to do some research before you go making statements you can't back up.

GW Bush created the Dept. of Homeland Security and the DHS was instrumental in thwarting the following attacks and capturing the following people:

• May 2002, Jose Padilla: American citizen accused of seeking "dirty bomb," convicted of conspiracy.

• September 2002, Lackawanna Six: American citizens of Yemeni origin convicted of supporting Al Qaeda. Five of six were from Lackawanna, N.Y.

• May 2003, Iyman Faris: American citizen charged with trying to topple the Brooklyn Bridge.

• June 2003, Virginia Jihad Network: Eleven men from Alexandria, Va., trained for jihad against American soldiers, convicted of violating the Neutrality Act, conspiracy.

• August 2004, Dhiren Barot: Indian-born leader of terror cell plotted bombings on financial centers (see additional images).

• August 2004, James Elshafay and Shahawar Matin Siraj: Sought to plant bomb at New York's Penn Station during the Republican National Convention.

• August 2004, Yassin Aref and Mohammed Hossain: Plotted to assassinate a Pakistani diplomat on American soil.

• June 2005, Father and son Umer Hayat and Hamid Hayat: Son convicted of attending terrorist training camp in Pakistan; father convicted of customs violation.

• August 2005, Kevin James, Levar Haley Washington, Gregory Vernon Patterson and Hammad Riaz Samana: Los Angeles homegrown terrorists who plotted to attack National Guard, LAX, two synagogues and Israeli consulate.

• December 2005, Michael Reynolds: Plotted to blow up refinery in Wyoming, convicted of providing material support to terrorists.

• February 2006, Mohammad Zaki Amawi, Marwan Othman El-Hindi and Zand Wassim Mazloum: Accused of providing material support to terrorists, making bombs for use in Iraq.

• April 2006, Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee: Cased and videotaped the Capitol and World Bank for a terrorist organization.

• June 2006, Narseal Batiste, Patrick Abraham, Stanley Grant Phanor, Naudimar Herrera, Burson Augustin, Lyglenson Lemorin, and Rotschild Augstine: Accused of plotting to blow up the Sears Tower.

• July 2006, Assem Hammoud: Accused of plotting to hit New York City train tunnels.

• August 2006, Liquid Explosives Plot: Thwarted plot to explode ten airliners over the United States.

• May 2007, Fort Dix Plot: Six men accused of plotting to attack Fort Dix Army base in New Jersey.

• June 2007, JFK Plot: Four men accused of plotting to blow up fuel arteries underneath JFK Airport in New York.

• March 2007, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed: Mastermind of Sept. 11 and author of numerous plots confessed in court in March 2007 to planning to destroy skyscrapers in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Wow Jamie! You never fail to dissapoint. Nice image on your post. Of course that isn't fear mongering. LOL How did I know this was going to be one of your posts just by the headline?

Did you actually read the article you linked to? Do you know who Richard Clark is? Do you know that an unprecedented number of generals have come out publically against the current administrations policies regarding the war in Iraq...that was sold as a pre-emptive attack on terrorism? Have you watched the news about what is happening in Afghanistan?

WHERE IS BIN LADEN? The past 8 years of the republicans strategy on terrorism has destroyed our credibility in the world. It takes a lot of balls to critisize a candidate looking to restore it.

YES. there is a way to reduce terrorist attacks. Be a beacon to the world, respected for our sense of justice...the way we used to be. Adhere to the values that the world used to respect us for and what our nation was built on, THE CONSTITUTION. Then when a small faction of evil attacks us THE WORLD will stand with us as they did post 9.11...right before we decided to invade another country that had nothing to do with it and lie about our reasons. The Republican administration of the past 8 years abandonded the core principles that made us America and cost us so, so much.

How many americans died in 9.11? How many in Iraq?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Excellent post SOS. You forgot the Heathrow plot as well.

People seem to quickly forget when there isn't carnage involved.

Truth is there have been many plots thwarted. You list those we know about. There are surely others that we do not know about due to the methods of gathering the Intel. Till a news agency broke the word that we could track satellite phone conversations and pinpoint them, that was a good Intel gathering method. Soon as the news was posted guess what, AQ stopped using satellite phones.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

How much does the Obama campain pay you people,your not blind and you don't sound stuppied so you must be being payed to get to these blogs and defend Obama.Get a life SHEEP!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Amen Jamie-- You are gods gift, bless you!
I feel the same way as you, Osama will just let them terrorists strike any where anytime! I mean just there weeks ago they was talk of them coming here to blow up the Morganville mall on the outskirts here. If Obama is the president then they will be killing all kinds of people here!

I can even imagine Osama and Obama shakin hands on the whitehouse lawn one day!
Keep up the good works!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

utube? That's your proof? Complete and utter drivel. One can say most anything on there. As to your asinine accusations of using children as target practise by troops, beneath contempt is as good a discription as any. You may want to try researching the whole topic, not just the parts that you agree with. For all the bad that's happening in Iraq, there's also good happening as well...give that a look see as part of your research

You are right on one thing though, too much bad TV is, well, bad. Try not to watch so much, eh?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It's actually a REAL documentary that some uploaded to youtube, I originally watched these on DVD and found the youtube link so you can have a quick watch. It's not like I just showed you a fake UFO video.

If you want to buy into the controlled media then go ahead.
I have researched the topic and there are hundreds of pictures of slaughtered children in Iraq. There are also very real videos I have seen of monks in Tibet being killed and set on fire, shot, raped by Chinese brainwashed officers for the some of the same reasons US is in Iraq.
Reasons like spiritual history and #. Look it up if your brave.

China the US's most favored nation.

But don't take my word for it. CNN will show you all that they "want" you to know.

I guess you still think they are searching for weapon of mass destruction?
lol

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
show me the "good" stuff happening in Iraq please?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
show me the "good" stuff happening in Iraq please?

come on now ! The president talks about how good things are in Iraq almost everyday, need I say more!?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join