It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Terrorism: Let's Wait to Be Attacked?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

the idea that obama would have the government sitting around twittaling thumbs and whistling dixie with their eyes in the air while terrorists were about to attack the USA is simply dumb.

Yes, it is dumb. That's the point of this thread. It is incredibly dumb for Obama to suggest that foreign terrorists be granted rights under the U.S. Constitution.

And contrary to your assertions, by the time the U.S. law enforcement paused to consider the rights of the terrorists it may be too late. And if those rights weren't considered, say for example the police raided a terrorist cell without a warrant, the evidence gathered would be thrown out in court. This would result in the terrorist being released per Mr. Obama's plan.

It's totally ludicrous, indefensible, and irresponsible for Obama to create a scenario in which a federal judge could throw out evidence based on its Constitutionality, thus releasing terrorists back on the street. How could anybody possibly defend this position?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Racist: because he's black, and it seems people are looking for anything and everything to make this man look like a sinner.
Smear: because in todays world if mud is thrown, no matter how fake SOME Will always stick. And modern day America seems more willing to believe than investigate. We can thank Idol, BigBrother and other pointless mind numbing bs media for that.

Beautiful. This post has become an instant classic....

You're now admitting that you will call somebody who disagrees with Obama a racist simply because Obama is black...AND....on the very next line attempt to define the word "smear."

I'm guessing you don't get it that labeling somebody a racist just because Obama is black is actually an example of a "smear," do you??

Everyones out there at the moment using anything they can to make him look less than human.

Seriously, WFH are you talking about? I am criticizing his idiotic policy proposal. How does this make him look less human?

I was wondering how long it would take for the ol
'' Terrorism '' card to be played.

Well it was Mr. Obama would brought up terrorism today. So now disagreeing with him is "playing the terrorism card." You aren't serious, right?

Why is it that anytime somebody criticizes Barry O. it's called a "card?" First the race card, now the terrorist card.... what's next....

911 DOESNT count, why? simple.

We knew, we knew for a long damn time it was coming.
We warned friends, we told stock brokers, we even got someone to insure the towers...

We ALLOWED it to happen.

Well suppose it did count. How would Obama plan on having court hearings for suicide bombers?

by the way, the 19 hijackers, arent all dead!

Oh brother.... now we're off the deep end...

Thank you for providing a great example of a typical Obama supporter, and why this country is in worse trouble than I thought.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian

I garantee you one thing, if state sponsored terrorism stops being a viable terror tactic, if people stop being afraid, terrorist attacks will vastly decrease.

So now you're saying that it's our fault that terrorists attack. If we would only be brave and not fear getting blown up the terrorists would stop attacking.

I seriously can't believe some of the things I read here.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Your welcome!

... what a waste of my time replying to you was!

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Wow you really are desperate aren't you? Your point is so weak it is not even worth critiquing. I suggest worry about things that are likely to transpire in reality.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yes, there are people in America who share responsability for the 911 attacks. At the very least they let them happen and shaped their policy around them, worse case scenario they engineered them. There is more than enough evidence pointing to this scenario and ignoring it is head in the sand policy.

And about the not being euros thing, that has nothing to do with it. You can decide to be red blooded americans and fight shadows on the four corners of the globe, but that won't make you right. I showed you the right way to deal with terrorism, if you chose the wrong way you will have to deal with it as long as you keep that method, because that's how it's dynamic works. Me being european is irrelevant, if I were polinesian the advice would be the same. So it's up to you guys to have some common sense, for a change.

Use your heads and this problem will grow smaller. Feed it and the monster grows. Right?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Great post! I agree 100%!

Not only are BushCo at least partially responsible for 9/11 (by direct knowledge) and our country has, for years, treated the rest of the world like they're there to serve us, but the 4000 + hundreds of thousands of our troops and innocent (and guilty) Iraqis and Afghanis that have been killed in this war rest directly on this administration's shoulders.

And on top of all that, they never even caught the guy that was supposedly responsible for it! They just used his image to frighten the crap out of gullible Americans and get them to support a war that spends $5000 PER SECOND!

So, yeah, we need to do something drastically different!

Source

"These are the same guys who helped to engineer the distraction of the war in Iraq at a time when we could have pinned down the people who actually committed 9/11," the presumed nominee told reporters aboard his campaign plane. "This is the same kind of fear-mongering that got us into Iraq ... and it's exactly that failed foreign policy I want to reverse."

So I say, YOU GO! Reverse this stupid policy that's gotten us nowhere but a bunch of people dead and made billions for Halibutton! I'm thrilled to see this policy from Obama. His standards of operation are something to be proud of.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Well let's check our history on how well the current administration has been at catching terrorists.

Even though they were given every tool in the arsenal:

Patriot Act I
Patriot Act II
Warrantless Wiretapping
Military Tribunals
Secret Prisons
Water Boarding
Sleep Deprivation

and those are the ones we know...

With all these tools, they still have not captured or killed Bin Laden!!!

This notion that Obama will "let it happen" is simply ridiculous. 9/11 happened because of intelligence failures at best, and prior knowledge at worst.

But you have your headline. Who cares if it's not true.

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This jamie83 poster seems like a political plant to me. Does this guy post anything else on this site besides constant negative Obama threads? Anyone else notice this besides me? Look at jamie83's postings history.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yeah i noticed that also.Almost every post he has is Obama and hes not for him,wonder what that means?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Racist: because he's black, and it seems people are looking for anything and everything to make this man look like a sinner.
Smear: because in todays world if mud is thrown, no matter how fake SOME Will always stick. And modern day America seems more willing to believe than investigate. We can thank Idol, BigBrother and other pointless mind numbing bs media for that.

So, if any of you barackophiles says that McCain is too old, is that a smear? What about if you say that McCain would be "Bush III", is that a smear? Under your own definition, I think those and all the others we've been seeing from the barackophiles would qualify as a smear.

Deny hypocrisy!

Oh, BTW, HISTORY! shows that appeasement never works.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

So now you're saying that it's our fault that terrorists attack. If we would only be brave and not fear getting blown up the terrorists would stop attacking.

Where do you live man? I was under the impression you lived in the USA. "Terrorists stop attacking", what are you talking about, I was unaware the USA was still being attacked at all. Could you please show some evidence of this ongoing terrorist attacks here in the US. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Back we see, with another response saying basically only that you feel the current president was worse. Can't any of you see how politically and intellectually lame that type of response is?

So .... exactly how does that relate to this thread about security concerns due to Obama's stated policies?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

Originally posted by jamie83

Where do you live man? I was under the impression you lived in the USA. "Terrorists stop attacking", what are you talking about, I was unaware the USA was still being attacked at all. Could you please show some evidence of this ongoing terrorist attacks here in the US. Thanks in advance.

And you give no credit whatsoever to measures put in place to stop further terrorist attacks having (at least so far), accomplished that goal? You think maybe that they only planned these things while Clinton was "otherwise occupied", but gave it all up once Bush was in office? Where do you live and what are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
No its not about attacking and waiting....

WILL AMERICANS EVER EVER GET IT for the love of god............................

Start by looking outside the box, ask yourself what is it as a nation, is bringing these terrorist to attack. WHY are they retaliating?? Start being aware of what is it, that America could be asking to be attacked maybe...

Do you know I'm not going to explain myself, again over this. WAKE UP.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Whos the terrorists??? where are they attacking now??

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe people think since its 911 America is on its toes again.Lightening cant strike twice.Sure the hack hope they are wrong.With Bin Laden out there and other terrorist who hate us,we will never be safe any place again.Just think who would have ever thought those Towers would have came down?It still blows my mind to this day.1993 should have been the wakeup call,not 2001.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

And you give no credit whatsoever to measures put in place to stop further terrorist attacks having (at least so far), accomplished that goal? You think maybe that they only planned these things while Clinton was "otherwise occupied", but gave it all up once Bush was in office? Where do you live and what are you talking about?

There is NO evidence that the Bush administration has caught ONE SINGLE terrorist with their new policies and actions. Point one out. Show me one single terrorist caught and prsecuted here in the USA that has been proven to be a threat to us.

BTW, I live in the USA and I am talking about how hijacked so many peoples minds are here in the US.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

that was a very silly answer. Its not about how tough you are to a terrorist, or whos fault it is. It's a 50/50 way at looking at it.

If you stop feeding terrorism. it will stop eventually. But the real question is, who is the real terrorist? Why did America get attacked in 9/11.

Start asking yourself questions. We do that, in the rest of the world. we question things. Its natural. They don't do this in America, or well not enough anyway.

So you go ahead and look all tough, retaliate and be brave to a terrorist attack. But I'm going to tell you next, is it doesn't stop or help this situation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join