It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC: Investigate McCain For Election Law Violations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

DNC: Investigate McCain For Election Law Violations

www.huffingtonpost.com

Democratic Party officials plan to file a new lawsuit to compel federal regulators to investigate whether Sen. John McCain violated election laws by withdrawing from public financing.

The Democratic National Committee announced Tuesday it will sue next week in U.S. District Court. It will ask the court to order the Federal Election Commission to examine, within 30 days, the legality of McCain's decision to reject $5.8 million in taxpayer funds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The DNC is really pulling out all the stops. I have herd about this issue but did not realize it could be made into such a big issue. All I can say for McCain is 'ouch'. I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Well, that is one way to take out your competition.
I am sure all the stops will pulled out from both sides evenchely.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This is one of the major issues I would like to see covered. I have heard many rumors or discussions about how McCain has violated election finance laws that he helped put in place. If it is true, then I think he should be hammered for it. If it is false, then the Dems will certainly have egg on their face. Hopefully this will clarify the issue.

I seem to remember McCain and the straight talk express running out of money early in the election. Then it was like some miracle happened and all of the sudden he became the front runner and ran away with the ticket. I thought it was strange at the time. I would like to get some clarification on the matter.

top topics

join