It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a New Congressional, AIPAC backed, Resolution Declaring War with Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Is a New Congressional, AIPAC backed, Resolution Declaring War with Iran?

www.niacouncil.org

H.CON.RES 362 calls on the president to stop all shipments of refined petroleum products from reaching Iran. It also “demands” that the President impose “stringent inspection requirements on all persons, vehicles, ships, planes, trains and cargo entering or departing Iran.”

Analysts say that this would require a US naval blockade in the Strait of Hormuz.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do not like this at all, especially after we declared their revolutionary guard to be "terrorists" not too long ago. It seems like we're subtly putting ourselves in place to start something with Iran. I'm curious to know what their reasoning for the blockade is...

Congressional insiders credit America’s powerful pro-Israel lobby for the rapid endorsement of the bills. The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) held its annual policy conference June 2-4, in which it sent thousands of members to Capitol Hill to push for tougher measures against Iran. On its website, AIPAC endorses the resolutions as a way to “stop Iran’s nuclear program” and tells readers to lobby Congress to pass the bill.

Nooooo, it couldn't have anything to do with Israel could it? Sometimes its hard to tell who's leading who...

www.niacouncil.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
ooops

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I do think that AIPAC, which make no mistake controlls alot of our goverment functions, is pushing for a war, but I do not see anything related to that

thomas.loc.gov...

However AIPAC does mention these numbers:

Stop Iran’s Nuclear Program
Members of the House and Senate have introduced resolutions (H. Con. Res. 362 and S. Res. 580) calling on the administration to focus on the urgency of the Iranian nuclear threat and to impose tougher sanctions on Tehran. The resolutions, introduced in the House by Reps. Gary Ackerman (D-NY) and Mike Pence (R-IN) and in the Senate by Sens. Evan Bayh (D-IN) and John Thune (R-SD), urge the president to sanction Iran’s Central Bank and other international banks and energy companies investing in the country. They also demand that the United States lead an international effort to increase pressure on Iran by curtailing Iran’s ability to import refined petroleum products. Please urge your representatives to cosponsor this critical resolution.
www.aipac.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The link provided in the article, H.R. 352, is from the Library of Congress. Not sure why that one was linked but I'd say the source is reputable. It was introduced May 28th, 2008 but according to the article has received almost half of it's cosponsors in the last two days.

I'll look more into the conflicting resolution and see what the deal is.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Thank you ... I goofed!

new topics

top topics

join