It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: Market full of oil, price trend \"fake\"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad: Market full of oil, price trend \"fake\"

news.yahoo.com

The market is full of oil and the rising price trend is "fake and imposed," Iran's president said on Tuesday, partly blaming a weak U.S. dollar which he said was being pushed lower on purpose.

"At a time when the growth of consumption is lower than the growth of production and the market is full of oil, prices are rising and this trend is completely fake and imposed," President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a televised speech.

"It is very clear that visible and invisible hands are controlling prices in a fake way with political and economic aims," he said when opening a meeting of the OPEC Fund for International Development in the central Iranian city of Isfahan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Thought you guys find this interesting.

I'm not a big fan of Ahmadinejad but I see alot of truth here.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
On NPR last night they were talking about the commodities market and how they really can't say why the price is driven up so high because a lot of the oil commodities are traded in "dark markets", which are markets that have been de-regulated so there is no oversight. Seems like whoever de-regulated these markets was planning for something.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The very sad thing here is that the leader of an oppressive and backward country is actually being more honest than the leaders of our country, "the beacon of freedom on the hill"

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well Ahmadinejad is not dummy and he actually have a very good education compare to the one our president was awarded thanks to family ties.

He as the leader of a oil producing country knows exactly what is going on with the oil markets and the manipulation that actually is coming from the US to keep prices high for a sector to profit on it.

US is a oil producing country also, but the oil in America is not use to benefit the needs of us the people in what is now call an oil crisis.

Because some are making very good investments and profits on it and they careless how much is affecting regular Americans.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Remember a few years back when California was having brown outs because of the electricity shortage. All the media were saying it was because no new power plants had been built etc, etc... In the end it turned out Enron and other power producers were simply manipulating the market. There was no power shortage.

The same thing is happening now with oil. There is no shortage, just some greedy people at the top taking as much as they can while they can. George Bush will be out of office soon. It must be scary not knowing if the next president will end their free ride. They're raping and pillaging while the raping and pillaging is good.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I believe this 100% and I am actually going to completly stop buying fuel, and ride a bike, take a bus, or a taxi, because the more money we spend the more we help this "invisible hand".

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am digging for the source right now and wi9ll post it when it is found but on announcing that Saudi Arabia is increase production the man speaking (I forget who) said something to the effect of "these oil prices are suspiciously high". Bottom line is this, we are being HAD. I look forward to seeing who is (are) the spider(s) pulling the strings on this one.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
OK the first source I could find is this one:

Link

The quote is:

The country's Information and Culture Minister, Iyad Madani, said that the kingdom would work with OPEC to "guarantee the availability of oil supplies now and in the future".

In a statement following the weekly meeting of the Saudi Cabinet, Mr Madani said the current price of oil was unjustified and pledged action to prevent further "unwarranted and unnatural" price hikes.

Emphasis is mine.

Edit: Another source with such a referencelink 2

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think Mr. A is correct. Right on the money you might say.

Goes right along with what Lindsey Williams has been saying all along...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join