It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on in China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They have been copping a battering from the elements lately and I mean all of them. First they were hit by the biggest snowstorm in over 100 years (water) then the earthquake (earth) which is still giving them grief, now they are being hit by a record breaking typhoon (wind – [and water again]).
Typhoon Story

The typhoon season has begun, ensuring further disaster for the coast of sub-tropical Guangdong, home to 110 million permanent and migrant residents, over the summer.

China’s annus horribilis continues. Floods across swaths of southern provinces that have claimed the lives of 171 people and forced the evacuation of almost 1.7 million look set to worsen, as torrential rains continue to pound the region.

All we need now is to see a massive volcanic eruption and we will have fire and the set will be complete. I don’t WANT to see it, but if it does happen, “you heard here first folks”

The simplest and probably most correct assumption is a string of unfortunate coincidences but when there are so many coincidences of disasters of this magnitude it does get you wondering.

There are some who may say it is by design. Karma (Sharon Stones idea not mine), the will of God (or Buddah, the supreme being or whatever name you wish to use) or even the will of those operating HAARP or other such device. Purely out of curiosity, does any body know what reasons John Titor gave for this years Olympics being cancelled?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I presume you are familiar with weather weapons?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I keep hearing from different internet and radio psychics that China hasnt seen anything yet!
A much stronger earthquake is supposed to hit again this year, something the likes no one has ever seen before.
I beleive its a man made event,imo.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Considering that China isn't the only one to be hit by weather patterns and cycles of disaster, I doubt they are being souly punished. I think the earthquakse was probably caused by something they were working on. Possibly some alien or Russian technology they were trying to disassemble and reverse engineer.

My first favorite news cast was when they had soldiers using the tailgate from trucks as human plows. It reminded me of the movie The Day After Tomorrow. Was that really fictional?

[edit on 17-6-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising

As many of us have, I have heard about HAARP and other weather/Earth altering devices but personally haven’t really bought into it too much. Things like this however make me just a little curious as to whether the technology is possible, who has it and is it being used?

I am sure that HAARP is not the only system (if this is what HAARP is) but there could very well be others around that are less publicly known.

Without getting too far off topic, I have been trying to find out what I can, but nobody seems to know too much about it which makes me all the more curious (or suspicious maybe?) about a Russian system known only (as far as I know) as the Roy/Schwarm project which is a space based “research” project. The project entails not only monitoring but manipulating the ionosphere and magnetosphere under the guise of research. The manipulation of these things must have some kind of impact here IMO. Maybe some earth or space weatherologists
could shed some more light.

[edit on 17/6/2008 by VIKINGANT]

[edit on 17/6/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Weather Manipulation: Beijing said to have success preventing rain

Quite a bit of volcanic activity in the Pacific if you look here. A lot more than ususal it seems.

visz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

It’s a pity then that the weather experiments couldn’t be used on a larger scale. I think it would be more useful to stop the rain at this level to save lives rather than impress internationals.

The Volcano link was interesting. Here is something scary. It appears that the recent earthquake was along the fault line of Chinas most recent volcanic eruption. Is it getting ready for another bang?

The Kunlun Fault is one of the gigantic strike-slip faults that bound the north side of Tibet. Left-lateral motion along the 1500 km length of the Kunlun has occurred uniformly for the last 40,000 years at a rate of 1.1 cm/yr, giving a cumulative offset of more than 400 m. The northern fault juxtaposes sedimentary rocks of the mountains against alluvial fans. A major earthquake hit the Kunlun Fault on November 14, 2001. At a magnitude of 8.1, it produced a surface break over 350 kilometers (217 miles) long. Preliminary reports indicate a maximum offset of 7 meters (23 feet) in the central section of the break. This five-kilometer- (three-mile-) high area is uninhabited by humans, so there was little damage reported, despite the large magnitude.
A magnitude 7.2 earthquake hit the area on 21st March 2008.
The Kunlun Shan is a major mountain system of Asia, situated in China about halfway between the Himalayas and Tian Shan. It stretches one thousand miles, its snow-and-glacier-clad peaks rising abruptly along the north edge of the vast dry Tibetan plains. The Kunlun Shan becomes progressively more narrow from east to west, and the narrow western section, just east of the Pamirs, is where the highest peaks are found, towering seventy five miles south of Kashi, the largest city in western Xinjiang Province, China. Near the center of the Kunlun Shan, a 500-mile northern branch called the Altun Tagh splits from the main range and extends northeast.

Kunlun Volcano

new topics

top topics

join