It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegitimate Federal Government and the Rule of Martial Law in the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The Treaty of Paris 1783. THAT is when we were sold out to the crown, the banks have been into our hides for far longer than the civil war. No wonder the British are always there in our war efforts, to protect their interests.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Having Served in the United States Navy, when i got out i felt a sense of pride that i had done my duty to Family, God and Country, but after reading this, I'm left with a sense of Sorrow and Emptiness.

There is no shame in serving honorably. No one can ever take that away from you. And think about this, many Rebel commanders trained at West Point, and fought against their own classmates. In fact, many who fought for the Confederacy were United States soldiers at the time who had to make a terrible choice between duty to country and duty to conscience.

Many of the founding fathers who fought in the Revolution, had served in the King's Army.

My brother is returning just today from his third deployment to Iraq.

I had two grandfathers who were decorated in WWII. One landed on Omaha beach, the other had an aircraft carrier blown out from under him in a Kamikaze attack in the South Pacific.

The country is messed up sure, but that really has little to do with your service. Be proud, you earned it.

[edit on 6/17/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

excellent thread/post.

it seems to me that once they got rid of the brits they started skeeming for power and evil creeped in and made it so.

brits have controlled this country ever since....look at the bloodlines/presidents.

look at the illuma-naughty who run the show..

these days they dont even hide it..they are going balls to the wall evil mode..why choose that path? that path sucks imo

doesnt it feel better to help humanity?

lets get to the bottom or top of this..
video.google.com...
projectcamelot.org...

i hope things change ASAP...

much love to you all

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wow... nice work to the OP. Thanks for the effort!

I was wondering as to what the solutions could be out of this mess. If we are in a state of Martial Law, doesn't that suspend the Constitution further? If they had the roots buried deep in the past, what can we do today to change the course they paved for themselves?

I am trying to digest all of this information. Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I am proud to see the truth come out in your post.History is written by the victor and the best light will always shine on them.The real story about how this government has usurped power can still be found for those willing to look.
I commend you in the fact that you have "tackled the monster"and drug it into the light. Bravo!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by daddyroo45

Being a yankee, I grew up making fun of "them good ol' boys" down South "who think the war never ended." Well, little did I know that it hadn't.

But as I talked about in my piece, the idea of secession never was exclusive to the South in the history of our nation. That just happens to be where the line was finally drawn in the big showdown. If it were to happen again, I truly don't think that the lines will be drawn as "easily."

Another mistake that people make, northerners in particular I think, is that the Civil War was fought to free the slaves. It certainly was not, as is evident once you scratch the surface of school-taught history a little bit. It was all about state's rights, and self-determination. Even if the South had won, the institution of slavery was already on the way out. In fact, I would be so bold as to speculate that if the South had won, a proper assimiliation might have occured, and that the blacks would not have had to wait a century for their Civil Rights.

I have tried time and again to educate folks on just this point. Slavery was getting so costly for the owners that many had already gone with the idea of share cropping. It was the right of individual states to handle they're own problems and to be able to inact what laws they saw fit under the constitution being taken away that caused this great conflagration. This was in fact the beginning of our own monarchy of the haves and have nots and the taking of everybodies rights to be individuals. Also that slavery was NOT only an African problem. Many whites where sold into slavery right along with the blacks. Most folks forget this little tidbit of truth!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
does anyone ever think that the government made our laws and the explanations for them so difficult that we kind of just went along with it because it was to long and hard to understand, and now finally we have the abilities and resources available to understand exactly what they are trying to implement people are starting to see how corrupt everything is? just a thought...

[edit on 18-6-2008 by mrbooms]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
wonderful post! i'm just a newb, but this is hands down my favorite so far
amazing attention to detail here, incredible work. i'm going to pass this along to everybody and anybody with half a brain that i come across. the truth in all things!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Jack reading your post makes my blood boil,and causes me a deep sadness.Being born in the south,we were taught in school about the "reconstruction" over 800,000 acres of land were confiscated by the union in the state of Tennessee alone.Men who had served in the confederate army were never allowed to vote again in any election.At one point the state legislature was held at gun point in Nashville,so they could be assured of the "proper"vote.
Sounds like martial law to me.

What really gets my goat,are the people who when they hear these things accuse us of sour grape syndrome. We have never had the chance to live in a truly free country have we?

My friend, I was raised to critique people that toted the Confederate flags around and who were of the 'South'. You were the 'bad' guys in our civil war. You were the ones that started everything.

One thing I have learned on my own and have found to be reinforced MANY times over during this very administration: "History is truly written by the victors."

I had read some of this but never all of it together in the way that Jack put it. Man, it can begin to make a bit of sense when it is presented in this manner. It kind of fits in with the actions of many administrations over the past century now. There is NO CONSTITUTION! It is a damn piece of paper after all it seems. Man, maybe boy George does know something that I don't.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Excellent post Jack. Spoken like a true Libertarian and supporter of the States Rights!

The biggest problem we have in this country is education. Or, rather, the lack there of. We can go through history, see past the crap they spoon feed us and see the REAL reasons behind wars, governments and so forth.

In school the American Civil War was about slavery.. even issues revolving around states rights where all about slavery. Then on top of that every book you read, every article you went over involved slavery, the South and how wrong it was. This conditions the student to be ashamed of his past, to be afraid to side with the South, to ask awkward questions, to accept and forget because its a "sensitive subject".

When in reality it was an illegal war of aggression .. and we are taught, no, we are conditioned to SUPPORT unconditionally the aggressors.

The North didn't just defeat the South, once down, they defecated on their society, burned their towns, arrested politicians and put in place leads THEY approved of. As we all know, our tactics have changed little even to this day. The objective was to put states rights supporters into submission so that no one would support them. The victors write history, and the good guys sometimes become the bad guys.

But we will only ever work to fix the current situation as soon as people UNDERSTAND what the situation is. Those who know something is wrong blame mythical entities like "nwo" and "Illuminati" and the infamous "Freemasons". In reality we need to blame the politicians WE ELECT. The programs WE SUPPORT. The culture WE PERPETUATE. The banks WE USE. The debt WE LIVE BY. We need to BLAME OUR SELVES.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Jack, I read through your thread a few times. I agree that it seems that right from the beginning the idea of a free country irked a few persons connected to the British Crown. (namely those who had invested in favour of the Britsih Empire while residing in the 13 colonies)

I had a thread a few months ago and I came to believe the same ideas that you bring forward.

With this in mind after the War of Independence it was shown that many who sided with the British and the German interests still resided in the United States. Blood runs deeper then water. I propose that a long term undermining of the United States of America began moments after the documents were sighed in Paris. Both German interests as well as British interests have propelled us to where we are now. Namely an Empire; struggling to hold onto world power while we crumbled from within as Rome had two thousand years ago.
Outside View of the Republic

I researched the War of Independence in light of the British point of view and I believe when all was said and done they began an counter insurgence "war" before the ink dried.

I starred and flagged your thread.

Thank You
WR

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Zindo
Another little tid bit that is glossed over is the double duty cotton export tax levied against the southern cotton growers.The textile owners of the northern states(in many instances also that states representatives)were not willing to pay fair market price for cotton.England however was willing to pay almost twice what the north was willing to pay.Hence the cotton export duty.A tax so high that selling the cotton overseas would cost more per bale than the price of the sale.Pure extorsion.That was the beginning of the scessionist movement.
Sorry if I took this thread off track.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow...

Looks like someone forgot their medication.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

well said as usual Jack

now...

in understanding the point of this thread (pointed out by the headline) we (the people of the U.S.) are under "martial law."

There are a few questions that jump to mind immediately.

1) why do we still have habeus corpus?

2) if we are truly under martial law what is the purpose?

In trying to answer this myself... maybe it is possibly a conditioning to stay under the thumb? To not rebel?

3) why do we still enjoy the freedom of elected officials? (now I agree there certainly is room for much argument about whether or not these officials represent the people whom they are supposedly elected by)

But we do have representation in Congress. Why do we still have this? Why not strip us entirely?

To everybody:
Where in everyday life do we see the inhibiting of our rights that are self-evident?

An example of this is the IRS and income tax...What other law inhibits our rights as free individuals?

I guess what I am trying to understand is if this is a true conspiracy being acted out by a group of individuals or is this a cause and effect style situation?

I mean, if this is a conspiracy, who would benefit from the people of the U.S. being under martial law or being controlled? I suppose the argument could be made that it is all about the people at the top and greed.

But, there are many who become vastly wealthy through their own actions/ work every year. These people enjoy the same access as those who conspire for our demise, supposedly.

Does anyone see what I am saying? Wheres the benefit to all of this?
What Jack is saying here is truly infuriating on the surface, but when it comes down to it, how does it affect our lives on a day to day basis?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
One more thing I wanted to add. When you look into history there is definitive evidence of multiple attempts to conquer and/or conspire to rule the world. From ancient Egypt to ancient Greece to the Romans to the 19th century British Empire and of course to the latest nazi Germany.

Today I think we have two things on our side that keeps these megalomaniacs hindered.
1) we have history of each and everyone of these failed attempts (although I think Britain came closest to achieving there goals (through clandestine achievements) than all of the rest and actually still has to this day, imperialists, that work behind the scenes unofficially or not) to refer to and 2) the world is simply to diversified. There are simply to many "great powers" in the world today that would not concede power. There will never be an official world government.

They may take away border lines on maps (I know that sucks, and I disagree with it also) but what does that mean? Globalization? That has already happened. It is a world economy. The NWO is already here. We are it. It will not get any worse than it already is. And if you live in America it really is not that bad. (Except gas prices really suck!...which may be a result of some alterior motive, but it is up to us to adapt and find alternative transportation. It is possible, that is for sure)

Unless a mass extinction occurs and they are allowed to start all over, power will remain diversified. It is simple really. 1 person can not rule 6.5 billion... ever.

Point being here that even though Jack has some excellent points and all seem to add up right nicely, I believe they (those conspiring behind the scenes) have failed over all. What Jack layed out is our past (which in my opinion is vital to our understanding of current politics and world in general). Even with Martial Law in place for over 100 years, supposedly, we are trudging along rather nicely. Look at where we are today. It certainly may not be perfect. And we certainly may have a long road of improvement ahead of us, and even through all the corruption and greed; our freedoms (for the most part) remain in tact. The NWO (the kind that Alex Jones talks about) has and will forever fail. The human race will never be controlled.

When you eat fear, don't chew on it. Swallow it, digest it and let it pass.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I wish to thank everyone once again, who has stopped by for a read, and those who have posted as well. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time at the moment to engage everyone in discussion directly, though I have found the responses here to be interesting indeed.

Thanks again.

Jack

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by abelievingskeptic

1) why do we still have habeus corpus?

I'm not so sure that we do. Especially considering that we do not really have what can be taken away on a whim of the Executive.

2) if we are truly under martial law what is the purpose?

Control of course. Socio-economic slavery.

In trying to answer this myself... maybe it is possibly a conditioning to stay under the thumb? To not rebel?

Indeed. The controls are in place to prevent meaningful dissent by those who are aware, and the illusion of freedom is provided to placate the rest of the population.

3) why do we still enjoy the freedom of elected officials? (now I agree there certainly is room for much argument about whether or not these officials represent the people whom they are supposedly elected by)

We do not. The results of national elections are provided to all news services by a private company that operates without any oversight. The name of the company is changed routinely, but is really just a front for CIA. This has been true since the asassination of JFK. Sorry I don't have a source to back that up at the moment, it would take some digging through my archives, but you should be able to find ample material if you look into "election fraud" in the United States.

But in the end, what difference does it really make these days anyway, when all of the candidates are bought and paid for by groups and companies who's interests are contrary to the needs of the people?

But we do have representation in Congress. Why do we still have this? Why not strip us entirely?

The grand illusion. Even Hitler kept his parliamentary body intact, the Reichstag.

Where in everyday life do we see the inhibiting of our rights that are self-evident?

...What other law inhibits our rights as free individuals?

Please allow me to direct you to this thread...

What freedom do you have that can not be infringed or taken away arbitrarily?

But, there are many who become vastly wealthy through their own actions/ work every year. These people enjoy the same access as those who conspire for our demise, supposedly.

But not necessarily. Think about all of the people who try to look poor on paper with tax shelters, but who have the power to claim their wealth as they need it. Now think of this on a global scale. Who needs money, when you control the very resources that people need money to buy?

Then you must also consider that people who are considered to be "new" money, may find themselves frozen out of most inner-circles in times of crisis. But they will foolishly play along with the global schemes, in hopes of being included. We even see that ourselves in our daily lives, in the debates between the "haves" and the "have nots." The "haves" never complain until they have been eaten by the bigger fish.

Thank you for your pertinent and provactive questions.

[edit on 6/18/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The "Articles of Confederation" were meant to be a "perpetual" union binding the states together for eternity. It wasn't working out so it was scrapped by our founding fathers for the Constitution further reenfocring the fact the states were intended to maintain their sovreignty. Any reference to a "perpetual" union was intentionally left out of the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
amen preach on brother. don't you just love the way our for fathers us to speak. they could give you the bird and you would think they were complimenting you.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Please don't forget to flag. I think this is probably the most important thread I have ever started. More flags means more people are more likely to take the opportunity to read and bring more information to the table.

Thanks again again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join