It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Howard Stern Going Off-Air Because of Comments About Bush?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I just so tired of these looney tunes trying to impose their beliefs upon me.

I feel that. Thats why I stay on the low, and just wait. Ignore the rules that dont belong. There not inposing anything on me, as long as Im not caged up, and my mind is free.

But we can argue with people till we are blue in the face, until the rip happens nothing changes.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I hear ya but i gotta yell sometimes. I swear, evil is awash in the land in the from of the "religious right" and other thought police.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I cannot believe that Stern is being chased by the Bush Admin as he claims. I believe he is looking to increase his ratings and to make himself feel more important than he really is. I mean come on, he claimed the other day that he can't got to sattelite radio becuase there are not 5 million radios availible for his "followers".

Someone has a serious superiority complex...

If he violates decency standards pull him off the air, simple. If he doesn't leave him on as long as he has the ratings.

Oh and I worked for years at a major corporation and we had to ban his show from being played on employee radios in the office due to the fact it was too offensive and violated our internal policies. We were a liberal company but his language and topics were not appropriate. So to say he is not decadent is just wrong, he is and that is why a certain segment of our population listened to him.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
I cannot believe that Stern is being chased by the Bush Admin as he claims. I believe he is looking to increase his ratings and to make himself feel more important than he really is. I mean come on, he claimed the other day that he can't got to sattelite radio becuase there are not 5 million radios availible for his "followers".

Someone has a serious superiority complex...

If he violates decency standards pull him off the air, simple. If he doesn't leave him on as long as he has the ratings.

Oh and I worked for years at a major corporation and we had to ban his show from being played on employee radios in the office due to the fact it was too offensive and violated our internal policies. We were a liberal company but his language and topics were not appropriate. So to say he is not decadent is just wrong, he is and that is why a certain segment of our population listened to him.

When were you EVER supposed to play Stern at work? It is the MORNING DRIVE. THAT'S WHY ITS NOT CALLED "WORK TIME CHAT." (This is what I'm talking about).

That whole post is replete with lies.
1) Stern IS being chased by the Bush administration.

2) Stern doesn't need to increase ratings because he's number 1 in just about every market for his time slot.

3) He doesn't have a "superiority complex" because in actuality he has 18 million listerners nationwide that he had to work damn hard to get.

This is probably one of the thought police people or religious right hacks I was mentioning earlier. Hence the mentioning of the 'liberal" corporation. Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Think logically about this for a minute. The Bush Administration is concerned about the war in Iraq, finding Osama, and is gearing up for a re-election campaign. I doubt Howard Stern is even on their radar; they have bigger problems like creating jobs and turning the economy around before the presidential election this fall.

Sterns troubles are related to the Superbowl incident. He wasn't hassled until after that.

However, I doubt nobody in the Bush Administration is crying over Sterns woes.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No, these attacks came immeidately after Howard stopped endorsing Bush. Its the DIxie Chix all over agaion. Think about it.

And its not like Bush is creating any new jobs anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

This is probably one of the thought police people or religious right hacks I was mentioning earlier. Hence the mentioning of the 'liberal" corporation. Sheesh.

Nice you always attack someone for having an opinion different from yours? And yes my company was liberal, we were one of the first with same sex benefits, we support the NOW and held events for Womens Rights to Choose. Certainly not Halliburton buddy. As for your morning drive show comment, some of us worked hours outside of 8-5 (more like 7-7 so guess what, stern was on at like 9am in dallas for years.

And I am so sure that George W woke up one morning and decided to chase howard stern because he was for gay marriage. I think he is too busy fleecing the US taxpayers to worry about stern.

[Edited on 3/12/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Listen, Bush went after Howard as SOON as he started bashing Bush. Now, the FCC is under attack for selective enforcement so now they are going after others but that ain't bucking Howard.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I listen to howard stern every day before school and I know that they say many racial things that are offensive and even I get offended sometimes, but it is my choice to listen or not. Even though he can be offensive this is not why he was taken off the air. He has been on for over twent years doing this and I remember the day after he became anti bush they took him off the air and then later went back and listened to the show to find a valid reason. Other radio hosts have been kicked off after being anti-bush, this has nothing to do with janet jackson or anything, if someone is anti-bush the asshole tries to shut them up, it just shows that we have the wrong people running the government

<< 1  2   >>

join