It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you lose interest in UFOs if nothing ever happens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've been thinking lately of all of the energy I have expended over the years researching and contemplating extra terrestrials and UFOs. Every year, for a while, it seemed as though things were going to culminate in some sort of breakthrough or affirmation. There was a tangible personal momentum towards understanding the phenomenon. But...nothing has happened. I am losing interest and I dont know if I even care anymore.

I continue to see UFOs here in Denver, but without the excitement I used to have. Now I just accept it as something strange. I even sometimes ponder what I would do if a bunch of Greys walked into my bathroom while I was taking a shower...and now I kind of just shrug my shoulders. I used to believe that UFOs/Aliens had to do with a spiritual growth and hightened awareness, as if those creatures exist on a parallel plane that is accesible through greater intelligence and sensitivity. Now, though, especially with the Romanek alien video farce, I feel jaded and content to go to work and build loving relationships, is there something wrong with me? Have I lost my ability to see things I used to see?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i hear what you are saying. i honestly think this can apply to so much and maybe that is what "they" are banking on.... ppl losing interest in this stuff. i just take it a day at a time for now. i am seriously adhd lol and so my interests are constantly changing. when it comes to important matters of the world and of life though, i stick w/ it even when interest is lost. =)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 420prajna

But...nothing has happened. I am losing interest and I dont know if I even care anymore.

Try not to look so much for a "reward." There may be no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.. With the amount of media coverage the topic has received recently, there has been a lot of talk about disclosure. Don't bet on it. This mystery runs very deep. Considering how many distractions we face as individuals on a daily basis, there simply isn't enough interest and momentum unless something drastic happens. If in fact we are dealing with an extra-dimensional trickster or beings who are thousands-millions of years ahead of us.... Do you really think any of us are going to figure it out in the few short decades we exist?

If your interest wanes then simply take a break. We'll probably all still be scratching our collective heads when you get back...

I continue to see UFOs here in Denver, but without the excitement I used to have.

That might not excite you but it does me.. Why not snap some photos???

I feel jaded and content to go to work and build loving relationships

Nothing wrong with that. Climbing the corporate ladder and building great relationships is certainly a more tangible goal than trying to figure out super natural phenomena!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh man, I wish I could snap some photos, but they would be disputed of course. The most obvious one, for me, that I saw, was a pulsating orange orb, but if I took a photo of that, everybody would just say that it was a beacon on a helicopter or radio tower. That's why I think the UFO phenomenon is such a personal thing, and why I wonder why it is losing personal meaning for me.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

and..you have to admit that the stan romanek thing is pitiful

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
For me, it would be quite impossible to lose interest if nothing happens.

The reason is because I already know what I believe to be the truth and am merely waiting for the validation of that truth to take place. Now it is entirely possible, though unfortunate, that my life will end before the truth is revealed. But that would not alter my belief nor would the realization of that consequence cause me to 'lose interest' in the slightest way.

I am reasonably certain, though cannot prove so, that the truth has already manifested itself to a select few. Sadly, most of us who do have strong interest are not among the anointed and enlightened ones (among humans). Instead, we must wait and hope, dream and pray, seek and observe - with hungry eyes and souls until such day as we may be rewarded with full, unambiguous, and universal confirmation that what we have always known to be so in fact is so.

Lose interest? Never. Perhaps what you are feeling is actually a result of the 'gradual disclosure', public desensitization initiative some have speculated is already underway. If that is the case, then we likely do not have long to wait - probably on the order of a few years to a decade or so.

Lose Interest? Why? For me, to lose interest in this matter would be equivalent to losing interest in eating food, or in breathing air, or in enjoying companionship. If interest is lost, then a profound 'reason for being' is also lost - and we have lost a bit of ourselves.

Lose Interest? How? By ignoring tidbits of UFO/Alien information in the popular media (which gives the subject short thrift as it is)? By turning away from fine forums and community groups such as ATS? You've logged on and posted. By that act alone I submit one has plenty of interest remaining. By not stepping out into the summer evening ever again to just gaze up at the heavens, seeking any movement, strange light, or just to marvel at the suns of distant worlds? I didn't think that the human spirit was capable of such a thing.

Lose Interest? I think not. In fact, my guess is that for most of your fellow ATS brethren the answer would be similar: "no, sir - my interest will remain strong".

It is truth that we seek - or at least unequivocal proof that we can all share that the truth we anticipate is now a reality for all humankind.

To lose interest would be the same as giving up, quitting the race, throwing in the towel. No - we will march on. We will NOT give up. We will wait. They will come.

In the meantime... thanks for posting; and keep looking up!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Having a lot of UFO type sightings is one thing. Having recalled a few vague memories of being inside and a few trips in them is quite another.

I sat inside what I assume was a foo fighter a "foo" years ago. They don't look like much when they aren't lit up. They have what looks like a comfortable black seat or captains chair, a dash with instruments and a ring of metal that goes around it like some amusement park ride.

There were three of them parked next to each other along side some building in the dark. I don't really know why but I sat in one. The next morning a few guys were loading them inside some panel truck and I heard some banging around in the truck and then some guy in the building yelling at what he thought were young kids by the truck. I think they were actually small greys.

It's my understanding that these individual occupant "Foo Fighters" craft can be flown together in tight flight patterns to give the illusion of a larger ship.

I have also recalled what I now assume was an older an darker wrinkled grey standing right next to one in my garage in Wisconsin when he brought three crystals for me. I had trouble at the time trying to figure out what he was because my brain wasn't able to function normally while he was there. I believe the crystals were some kind of gift or report on me or maybe even something I was supposed to work on. I had them in my tool box for years not recalling where they came from. My tool box was later stolen. I have a book on the Kabbalah but for some reason don't have much interest in it. Is it alien enlightenment? Idunno.

I think many are depressed or angry about waiting so long for any major disclosure and tired of being duped by so many jerks hoaxing.

So being a possible experiencer or whatever and not being able to trust your memories is also discouraging and depressing. I don't bother to talk with my therapist about these things because he isn't receptive and says these memories aren't being present. He wants me to go back to work......whatever that means.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

As a child, I think I may have had experiences, however, even with that...I dont know i think it may be possible that my participation in the whole thing is ending. I used to think I had a role to play in the future, that my destiny was intertwined with some great event. And that still might be the case, but for now I just dont really care.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The subject is far too real for me to lose interest. I don't expect any type of payoff regarding this either. Coverups are like that. In fact I suspect I won't know anything more than I do now until the day I die. Whereupon I may find out more if there is some sort of afterlife. Although I'm far less certain about that than I am ET visitation to this planet.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 420prajna

and..you have to admit that the stan romanek thing is pitiful

Yup I agree. I totally discredited him in another thread a few days ago.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
No because the chance of no life out there is so tiny that its pretty much impossible for there to be no life. I will always be a firm believer that there are extraterrestrials out there.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Penumbra

I think it is more about affirming that Extra Terrestrials are actually here now. It has less to do with ponering the possibility of other forms of life in the universe. The question is, are there aliens here on our planet, flying around and abducting people?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was really into the UFO stuff when I was a kid, even before Blue Book was terminated. I was really into astronomy too and even majored in it for awhile in college. There is just too much out there for us to be the only game even in this one galaxy.
In high school, while I was reading about the history and origins of astronomy, I also became fascinated with alchemy and metaphysics. In my 30's, I stumbled into a a rare opportunity to study metaphysics from a master teacher and met dozens of people who were into just about anything you could imagine. I have to say that the vast majority of them, while sincere, were crackpots in my reality.
There were definitely some exceptions though. I had one particular experience that still baffles me. I was walking home late one night in rural AZ, when I suddenly saw seven spheres of swirling, multicolored lights pop up out of the wash below the road about half a mile ahead of me. As soon as they appeared, I heard drumming, whooping and cheering coming from behind the house which was about half way to the lights. My teacher and a couple of new friends, who showed up out of the blue, were doing one of the many rituals we used to do there. My first reaction was: Spaceships! Drums? Those had always seemed to be polar opposites before.

The lights seemed to bobble around for a moment as they formed up in a perfectly straight line at about 45 degrees, then shot straight ahead one after the other and disappeared, or winked out at the same spot in the sky. The whole thing only took a few seconds, but there were four witnesses at different locations who described exactly the same thing and they had even told me a few days earlier that we would be seeing some UFO's soon. How many times had I heard that one before?
I ran to the house and arrived just as they were going back in to do some more channeling. As far as I could understand, some spiritual beings were transporting nature spirits to the area because the place they came from was about to be destroyed. The next morning, I went down and searched the area they rose from and found no trace of anything that had been disturbed. This was tied into the Hopi somehow, whom we visited frequently.
No, we didn't report it to MUFON, although we knew some of the people working for Hynek and CUFOS. This was shortly before he died.

No matter how much meditating I did, I was never able to access anything like that directly on my own, although I did manage to see colored auras on people a few times. I once saw a green aura around an eagle kept on a rooftop in a Hopi village.
Life moves on, and I don't need to keep confirming things I still don't understand. I don't want to add to the confusion. All I can do is follow the path and tasks in front of me and hope it ultimately leads to a better place, but I will never lose interest. There is no way I could ever deny that experience, or explain it to someone else without sounding like like a flake.

I have never seen a physical alien, or anything else in the sky that I could not explain as something mundane. I'm sure there are many kinds of secret military craft up there too. There is no way what we saw had anything to do with the government. I have never heard of anyone else experiencing anything like what we did, but friends who trusted me began telling me of their own UFO experiences once they heard about it.
I have a brother who is is a full blown paranoid schizophrenic with delusions, so I also have first hand experience of the nasty tricks the mind can play, but not on four people simultaneously, in different places.

One question I have about 2012, is that now that we have identified that date as the time our solar system will cross our galactic plane, and we have only known about galaxies since 1925, how did the Maya know that such a thing as a galaxy even existed?

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. Then what will you do?

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Eyemagistus]

join