It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters cameraman killed by Israeli tank (Graphic)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE
reply to post by maria_stardust

Especially when you consider this:

-- There was at least one UAV above the scene. This drone should have been able to distinguish the press markings on Shana's vehicle and identify the presence of children.

I imagine even the tank itself would have good enough telescopics to identify the press markings on their vehicle. It begs the question: who ordered the shot? Is this just some sadistic trigger-happy tank gunner, or did he receive orders from higher in the chain of command? Both options are unsettling.

usual , more war crimes against humanity by the imperialistic bloodthirsty israeli military

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
While my heart goes out to the innocent civilians who live in harms way in those countries at war, I cannot bring myself to feel sorry for members of the press who intentionally put themselves in harm's way just because it's their job. If you put yourself in a war zone, you need to expect there's a chance you are going to die. Same story with Daniel Pearl.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

sos37:
i agree the press are aware of the danger. this cameraman was actually wearing a press flak jacket when he was filming...but being hit by a tank round it was natrually shredded.

if this was in anyway an accident i could see you reasoning. this was not an accident though. the truck was marked "TV" the tv symbol was on the hood so even an arial drone would clearly be able to see it was a tv crew

BUT THIS WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT!!!

To all the israel lovers:

i am so tired of all the zionist sycophants.

the sad part is i used to be one. i used to think all palestinans were terrorists and that the US had to support israel. then one day i got to travel there.

I have never in my life seen a more racist hatefull thuggish elietest oppressive group of people in my life. when i say this i am not refering to jews in general, just zionists. they are disgusting. they think anyone who is not of jewish blood is a cockroach, and they could care less who they kill. women. children. cameramen.

the palestinians are walled off. there are no jobs for them they are not allowed to go to areas where there is work. they are imprisoned in their own country living off of scraps while the israelis launch rockets into their cities, shoot sniper rifles at their heads, and tank rounds at their children on bicycles. are you telling me you wouldnt fight against something like that? try and see the other side for once. open your mind.

really no one should support israel until they go to israel and talk to both palestinians and jews.

I wish i could post youtube videos but it never works for me...

but just so you know these are they types of people who join the IDF:

www.youtube.com...

"this is my land God gave it to me and f--- you"
-zionist teenager

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Good God! that woman sounds like a cult member!
she is either totally brainwashed or some sort of super secret israeli technology public relations robot that just says "israel is truly saddened by this tragedy" over and over again without meaning it...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe

Hell, lets not forget the British shot down Glen Miller - in safe air space! ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN EVEN WHEN THEY SHOULDN'T. IT IS CALLED HUMAN ERROR.

They do it all the time. Its like catching a serial killer and he says "I know I killed all those there people but this last one was an accident" They shoot at the U.N., civilians including children all the time. Over and over they do it.

Horrible people...do some research.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
reply to post by spines

Spend a few weeks in that area and come back and tell us accidents don't happen.

Why dont you spend a few weeks in that area instead of playing a video game called Shattered Skies? I have seen too many of your murderous war mongering posts. So please stop taking the wrong side and please stop saying

Shattered OUT...

You are not in the military, you play a video game called Shattered Skies!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Why are we israels ally?
Why does america see them as so important to protect?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I dont know if it is THE answer, but one answer is evangelical Christianity. Not ALL Christians, mind you, but those who are intent on bringing about the necessary conditions for Jesus to return. Some Jewish people in America support Israel for cultural and religious reasons. Some non-religious Americans support Israel out of a lingering feeling of empathy for their treatment by the Nazis. I think there are a lot of reasons, but the following is one that I find interesting.

Article from Beliefnet is here;

www.beliefnet.com...

But the least understood, and probably most important, reason has been missed by most secular analysts. Evangelicals support Israel because of biblical prophecy, including passages that tie the survival of Israel to the Second Coming of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matt_Mulder

By the way, try to even the balance and start a thread about these Hamas militants who attack school buses with AK-47s

according to wikipedia that happened in 1970, that seems like an off topic event to tip the scale in favor of isreal.

Both have blood on their hands and both are terrible groups of people.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just my opinion . . .

Press should not be allowed on the battlefield.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Now - Imagine, the whole world was living this way.
never knowing from day to day if that was your last day.
if the NWO wins, you had better believe it will have a heavy hand
and a new rule book. We are to be treated like Cattle.
too many goyam's ... well use them as canon fauder.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 888LetsRoll
Now - Imagine, the whole world was living this way.
never knowing from day to day if that was your last day.

Technically, we are all living this way. Most of us are in denial about it, and choose not to think about it, but the truth for all of us is that we do not know if today is our last day.

In times of war, this fact is driven home, and people are very psychologically upset by it, but if they were not in denial they would realize they are in the same boat. Every day of their lives.

I looked up sudden death once, and it was a pain to do it I had to add in heart attacks, car crashes, crime, work accidents, etc. But every year in America, somewhere in the neighborhood of 175,000-200,000 people get up in the morning, go on about their day, but never make it home for one reason or another. A fair number of those are heart attacks, but the person generally isnt expecting it THAT day.

So, I think we all are living that way. Most of us are busy successfully distracting ourselves from that little fact, however.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Incidentally the Reuters "HIT PIECE" - Reuters news service is owned by the Rothschild Empire the same group who bankrolls the Zionist Fascists who roam Israel committing apartheid and genocide against the people of Palestine.

============

The House of Rothschild bought Reuters news service in the 1800's. Within the last 20 years, Reuters bought the Associated Press. Now the Elite own the two largest wire services in the world, where most newspapers get their news. The Rothschilds have control of all three U.S. Networks, plus other aspects of the recording and mass media industry according to research by Eustice Mullins in his book 'Who Owns the TV Networks'.
[...]
Not a single announcement will reach the public without our control. Even now this is already being attained by us inasmuch as all news items are received by a few agencies, in whose offices they are focused from all parts of the world. These agencies will then be already entirely ours and will give publicity only to what we dictate to them.

- Protocol 12:4 The Protocols of the Elders of Zion

100777.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinoBot
Both have blood on their hands and both are terrible groups of people.

I disagree, both groups surely contain terrible people, but that does not make the group itself terrible. Just look at america, sure we are run by corporofascist warmongers, but most of us are everyday people striving to support our families. Both sides, Israeli's and Palestinians are my brothers and sisters, blessings be upon them.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You should really watch who you're speaking to. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Read the rest of my post. And then think. Just think a little bit more.

By the way, I haven't played "that game" in about 4 years. A lots changed since then.

Shattered OUT...

Shattered OUT...

Oh... and uhh again.

SHATTERED OUT...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
You know what really bothers me about this? That the person(s) who fired the shots knew who they were aiming at. Children and the press.

Can you say Gentiles ?

Here are some teachings of the Jewish Talmud that may help you understand why Israel thinks its kosher to kill innocent women and children

"Sanhedrin 57a . When a Jew murders a gentile ("Cuthean"), there will be no death penalty. What a Jew steals from a gentile he may keep."

I guess this some up your doubt ?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Journalism, in every war, is the silent victim

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

Originally posted by spines
Day after day of hearing nothing but the misdeeds and evils of Palestine, while ignoring those of Israel.

You're kidding right? This thread alone, how many have come to criticize or highlight the "misdeeds and evils" of Palestine compared to how many that criticize the Israelis? I see far more Anti-Israeli sentiment. Hell, its almost a sin to criticize Palestinians or Lebanese in the MSM let alone this forum!

You my friend are absolute a joke ...

There is nothing to criticise on the palestine ..they are fighting to free their country ...HELLO did you forget ..itds THEIRS not the JEWS ..so whatever your so called terrorists do is justified in the fight for freedom ...whatever ...Image someone invades teh US and dont leave for 60 years ..you will do anything ,you can to harm them to get them out your country ...so you see to me their struggle is LEGAL unlike the occupiers

Once again , it is irrelevant what Palestines are doing they are fredom fighters for their country ..
You fail to see the jews are unlawfully in their coutry .

This ends all arguments you have..leaving you standing wihtout any valid argument ..beacuse they are right and have the right to fight ..
Clearly , they fight and they fight for a reason everyone understands .
so we do NOT question ...they are freedom fighters to rid their country of foreign occupiers ...
You call them terrosists ..just so your little mind can to justify the illegal war going on for decades now ..
You arguments are so false and build on lies ..can you see it or are you really that ignorant.

It is of no use what you say when the facts are as they are ..the coutry is not the jews so leave and all will be well

BS ignorance and arguments like your really make you look stupid and uneducated . Propaganda lead and really and evil cancer on the planet ....

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh no - this old 'its the Palestinians land'... chestnut.

Judea. The land of the jews - or to be totally correct Eretz Yisrael - The land of israel.

Now, when emperor hadrian wanted to break the judean resistence and scatter them, he decided on a name for the land. Palestina was chosen.

You know what that means ? hmmm ? foreign invaders.

So.... lets see who was there first ? yup, jews before Muslims, that makes it Jewish land.

As for that camera man... well, set up a tripod and film a war zone ? look at the footage again. That vehicle was hidden from the line of sight - the camera wasn't, but from that range ? self defence.

That fletchettes were used suprises me not - its a great weapon for up and over shots to hit a target hidden partly out of view.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Israel ...

... is expendable.

Just look at the example 'god' has shown over the years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join