It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian troops told to ignore rape..?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by fatdad

WoW. So these very religiously devout people dont rape women! That is awesome (all seriousness)

BUT they do rape little boys and turn them into crazy people... WOW thats messed up. An Afghan solider raping a little boy... that is soo messed up.

Hey U.S. Citizens... you ask why the U.S. is sticking its nose in other peoples businesses... There is your anwser.

RJ- Creeped out at the moment

so....

Why didnt the US go into:

Somalia
Zimbabwe
Tibet
China
East Timor
A host of African countries
etc etc....

Ah, they don't have Oil or in Chinas case can bite back.
Thx for letting us know that the US will selectively protect human rights if the dirt where the blood is spilled contains oil...

[edit on 18-6-2008 by smans]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Ignore those stupid rules! I would help any person who gets raped, especially children! F those rules.

I'm with ----> _Phoenix_ F@#$ those rules and F!@# those who make them.
Also F!@# those who follow these rules... Homosexuality and Peodaphilia are sins, so according to some peoples views, you are pretty much saying this is ok and that the rules should be followed...

If it were Afghans in America im sure it would be the same thing... they would say "Leave them to themselves".. Sorry, but the fact is American soldiers are not there to stop these things from happening.. If they do, its out of their own decision and morale to do so, not the governments! The government doesn't want soldiers to be affected, and to lose their fighting morale, as mentioned by a previous poster.

If every single American soldier were to stop these rapes, can you guess what would happen? They would NOT be able to get as much herion and opium into the U.S. And also they would not be able to pump their precious black gold with as much ease.

What about the Iranian youth who are being hanged for being gay? Is anyone helping them?? Or the girls who are being raped and then sent to prison???

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I recall the phrase boys are for fun, and women are for babys.

I've heard it "men are for recreation, women are for procreation", myself.

I heard if from a local in Bahrain as I recall, so that probably explains the simple english translation. Thank you for sharing the formal version.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MASH_DADDY

Mash_Daddy, The US Military does not send it's ambassadors of peace into foreign nations so they can do what they feel is right.

They frown upon such actions. Always remember whether you are in uniform or out of uniform. If you are on foreign soil you are an ambassador of the United States of America. You must respect the cultural differences of the local people.

Peace through superior firepower!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

I do not exactly have my finger on the pulse of the heroin market, but I have seen the poppy fields being destroyed on tv. It was the Afghan government doing the whacking of the poppys though, not American forces.

It is a shame about anyone being raped and taken advantage of due to the situation and somebody should help them. Whether it is Afghanistan, Iraq, or Darfur.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
i believe that the protection of children is everybodies responsability, regardles of ethnic background....this boys entrails were hanging out for gods sake. when will people say enough of child abuse on all levels, anyone who knows of any child being abused has a duty to that child to stop it, and if they dont then imho they deserve to be haunted by their inaction for the rest of their lives. to do nothing is as bad as the abuser.
m x

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Please read up on the Islamic Law relating to homosexuality before condemning all Muslims as paedophiles or whatever. Islamic Law specifically states that homosexuality is a grave sin, and I quote:

""When a man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes."

"Kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to." (in reference to the active and passive partners in gay sexual intercourse)"

See: www.missionislam.com...

Just as homosexuality is a sin for Christians (or at least it used to be!), so it is in Islam. The fact that there are people who disregard the laws of their religion (both Christian and Muslim) does not mean that it is something that is condoned by all members of that religion.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul Just as homosexuality is a sin for Christians (or at least it used to be!), so it is in Islam.

The back story on this is that it is a 'cultural' thing...and we proud Canadians are not there to annoy our hosts.

Just another reason for us to get our sons and daughters the hell out of there. This idiot Prime Minister of ours doesn't seem to get it that these self-same Afghans kicked the crap out of the Soviets, and they didn't even pretend to play nice. I'm disgusted with the whole affair, and just can't wait for an election.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Apparently more than 90% of the heroin in the UK is from Afghanistan, so why aren't we blowing up the fields en-mass? A couple of weeks campaign of just systematically bombing the poppy fields should be a good thing, no?

There is clearly another motive when the UK refuses to help the US destroy the poppy fields.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad

Canadian troops told to ignore rape..?

www.thestar.com

Canadian soldiers serving in Afghanistan have been ordered by commanding officers "to ignore" incidents of sexual assault among the civilian population, says a military chaplain who counsels troops returning home with post-traumatic stress disorder.

The chaplain, Jean Johns, says she recently counselled a Canadian soldier who said he witnessed a boy being raped by an Afghan soldier.......
(visit the link for the full news article)

You think the star is reliable?
okay....

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Maybe you could explain to me why we *are* there, because I havent the foggiest!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

I need to butt in so to speak, We are supposingly there to fight terroism are we not. Nato has lost its way, it does not now know why they are still there fighting.

IMy opinion there are there for 1. The oil revenues, if there are any, 2. To still have a foothold in the middle east, incase, the crap hits the fan with Iran/Israel. 3. To take profit from the Poppy fields, iot has been the case that British Soldiers not just american soldiers, have been caught, trying to smuggle heroine from afghanistan to the UK. Was in a recent article.

At the end of the day they are still there for the money. Nothing else.

I just find bizzarre and disgusting, that Service personel are being told to ignore such crimes against, children. Would they ignore such incidents if it was thier own children whom were being abused, or raped? No they would not. Just another failure of the So called coalition on Terror.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

That's one of the most ridiculous rationales I've heard in a long time.

Are you seriously trying to say this doesn't happen in the US?

Worse still, are you seriously suggesting that this gives the US the right to invade a country and kill their civilians?

OK, you must therefore be hoping that China or some other country will soon invade the US to stop the citizen murders by your government, and the rife paedophilia, and that it kills hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in the process.

What is it that makes you speak so lightly of US bullies invading countries all over the world, killing hundreds of thousands and ransacking them and leaving them in a state of utter destruction?

The US terrorist government has absolutely no right to be there, and it is NOT there to help. It is there to HELP ITSELF to the country's resources.

I have a better idea, clean up your own back yard before you even think of taking the moral highground.

edit on 2-10-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Not a big surprise to me.

My uncle is in the Canadian army and he was in Bosnia with the UN forces.

He saw rapes almost occurring in front of him and his troops... couldn't do a thing or he would have ended up in military jail if not accused of more.

The UN is rotten. They are not to help the people, their lines of conducts in all conflicts they've been implicated in shows that.

So I can confirm this report.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smans

Well I now were I was at in 1993

In September 1991, severe fighting broke out in Mogadishu, which continued in the following months and spread throughout the country, with over 20,000 people killed or injured by the end of the year. These wars led to the destruction of the agriculture of Somalia, which in turn led to starvation in large parts of the country. The international community began to send food supplies to halt the starvation, but vast amounts of food were hijacked and brought to local clan leaders, who routinely exchanged it with other countries for weapons. An estimated 80 percent of the food was stolen. These factors led to even more starvation, from which an estimated 300,000 people died, and another 1.5 million people suffered, between 1991 and 1992. In July 1992, after a ceasefire between the opposing clan factions, the United Nations (UN) sent 50 military observers to watch the distribution of the food. Operation Provide Relief began in August 1992, when the U.S. President George H.W. Bush announced that U.S. military transports would support the multinational UN relief effort in Somalia. Ten C-130s and 400 people were deployed to Mombasa, Kenya during Operation Provide Relief, airlifting aid to remote areas in Somalia and reducing reliance on truck convoys. One member of the 86th Supply Squadron, USAFE's only contribution to the operation, was deployed with the ground support contingent. The Air Force C-130s delivered 48,000 tons of food and medical supplies in six months to international humanitarian organizations trying to help the over three million starving people in the country.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Its called Rules of Engagement and sometimes they suck.

edit on 2-10-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by rjmelter
Hey U.S. Citizens... you ask why the U.S. is sticking its nose in other peoples businesses... There is your anwser.

So, other countries can stick their nose in the US because our soldiers rape girls and boys?

A US soldier that was convicted for participating at the raping and murder of a young Iraqi girl and her family received on Saturday a sentence of 110 years in prison.

www.efluxmedia.com...

An American soldier admitted killing a 17-year-old Iraqi boy after gay rape. He originally admitted forcing the boy to endure anal sex. After receiving legal advice the soldier now denies raping the boy at gun point and claims mutual consent. Private Merida from North Carolina was caught after shooting the poor kid 11 times to cover-up his disgusting crime.

www.theinsider.org...

An American soldier convicted of raping and killing an 11-year-old girl in Kosovo has been sentenced to life without chance for parole. Sergeant Frank Ronghi, a former member of the NATO-led KFOR peacekeeping unit, will spend the rest of his life in prison.

origin.www.cbc.ca...

From Daily Kos' partial transcript of a video (link to REAL stream) of Seymour Hersh speaking at an ACLU event. He says the US government has videotapes of children being raped at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.

www.boingboing.net...

Shall I continue? I'm horified to learn that there are a lot more cases than what I just posted. So, should we be invaded now?

My guess is that we should invade the vatican first.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
We should not impose the values of our culture on traditional Islamic Culture. Our troops are not there to interefere with their family life, but to fight the Taliban.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join