It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Vermont caught on scout camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is the report from Mufon:

"My father brings me his SD card from his scout camera that he posts around his property to see what kind of animals he can capture. Within a three day pariod it took over 700 pictures which is not unusual. About 50% are night shots which tend to capture racoons, foxes, coy-dogs, and deer. Days shots are of turkeys, crows, squirrels, etc.

As I was scanning through the pictures I noticed a series of three pictures that had some strange lights we couldn't explain. Keep in mind this camera is set up at the end of a field where there is no electric and headlights wouldn't reach. The camera is set to take three shots when it picks up motion. You will notice a racoon in each shot which most likely set off the detector.

If the light in each shot was in the same position and same location, I would would suggest it was something on the lens, or a reflection of something, even though all that is down there is trees. But the light moves in each of the three shots as if it is getting closer to the camera and has a unusual pattern of blurry sphere-like lights. Of the 700 shots the camera took in three days, these were the only night shots that had these lights. The lights in the last of the three shots seem transparent as you can see the tree through them.

I attached the three photos with the lights and one day shot to show what the area looks like. The camera was not moved or touched during three days. I don't want to say it's a UFO, but no one here has explained what the lights are."

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

Anyone have an Idea what this is? I was thinking maybe a spider web drifting towards the camera.

But this is where it gets confusing....Look at picture 4 and the tree in the backround. Now look at picture 3 the tree is illuminated within the orb as though it is night vision???? Very weird!!!

edit to add picture:

[edit on 17-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
I was thinking maybe a spider web drifting towards the camera.

I concur.. If it was of any significance I'd star and flag you.. but "I" don't see anything extraordinary out of place.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

Take a look at picture 4 first..... Notice the Tree behind off in the distance behind the turkey? Now look at picture 3. Look at the where the orb is...You can see the tree is illuminated like nightvision.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I see what you are talking about, but I followed an entire thread that dealt with this. It turns out that it is a spiderweb.... But thanks!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Well thanks for the quick response on figuring this out

So someone on the other thread concluded that we do not have to use expensive nightvision/IR goggles instead we can use spiderwebs placed in front of a camera? Sweet!!

The last part of my post is not directed at you jasonjnelson.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Take a look at picture 4 first..... Notice the Tree behind off in the distance behind the turkey? Now look at picture 3. Look at the where the orb is...You can see the tree is illuminated like nightvision.

-Kdial1

Hmmm how to explain this...

When I took a photo of this basement, orb hunting, I pointed the lens at some chairs. I took a shot using the flash. It was pitch black.

When I looked at the shot. All I saw was the stage I was standing on eliminated and I could not see the chairs which were a bit more distanced.

Apparently the camera adjusted the light levels to only show the stage and not the chairs even though the chairs also was illuminated by the flash.

The camera compensated the light levels to which it thought was appropriate.. Ill see if I can hunt down the real jargon for what this term is called...

Anyhow... the tree was lit due to being at the right distance with the "web". When the "web" came closer the light levels adjusted and darkened the tree... the "web" did not light the tree... brb with info from the net.. unless a photographer beats me to it with the proper jargon.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Ok, so the basic point is the web is acting like a magnifying glass?

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here you go.. hope this gives you an ideal about why it "appears" the "web" is lighting the tree...

Many people think of the flash on their camera as a main light source for when the scene is too dark to take a picture: a night photo, inside a restaurant, at a party, etc. They almost never use the camera's flash for any other purpose. The problem is, a full strength flash tends to blow out the foreground with a big burst of light. This helps you see the smiling subjects well, provided that they are close enough, but the background is left completely dark. How close do the people have to be? A flash's light is typically effective between 5-10 feet (1½-3 meters). While a stronger flash may illuminate stuff further back, it'll only overexpose the foreground even more. In other words, a flash distorts the normal light balance in the picture, which isn't what your eye sees, yielding an unsatisifying "snapshot" where the background is all black.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Using Fill Flash

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Nice find with the source. I've had similar experiences with my camera just taking photos in low light enviornments. The flash seems to adjust depending on the lens and the size/ focus of the object you are shooting.

On first glance, this looked like an insect to me (I'd guess a dragon fly). The fast wing movement would give it a blurry apearence and the long wings would make it look like a long, straight object, and caught in the light these wings would glow pretty well. Because it is out of focus, it is difficult to judge just how large this object is in relation to the camera and it's surroundings.
Thanks for the post -- it's worth raising an eyebrow at, at the very least

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Ohh *lightbulb* I see now, the backround is over exposed. Thanks for explaining this... Learned something new today

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
And here's something someone thought was special at an Illinois and Missouri Game Trail.

This thread will explain why "I" believe it to be a web.. just as other debunked this as a shot of a "web".

Bizarre Objects Caught by Illinois and Missouri Game Trail Cameras

Originally posted by Nohup
A little food for thought. Here's an animation with a line indicating the angles of the reflections. Also, it's interesting to note the related, smaller reflection in the lower left-hand corner, that I first thought was a bug, but actually appears to be related to the lights, also.

And the times? Well, just after the movies let out, and just before the bars close? Maybe?

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Nohup]

Originally posted by Nohup

Example of light reflecting off spider silk strands:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

This might be off topic, but I think that the idea of spiders laying down IR equipment as a funny thought. Spiders that make electronics.... hmmmm...

No offense taken. Didn't mean to sound like an expert with a finalized opinion... just passing on info...

new topics

top topics

join