It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you suffer from Baracknophopia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It certainly seems that many people on this site are so concerned about Obama being president, mostly basing their opinions on false rumors spread across the internets.

This condition is known as Baracknophobia and was coined on the daily show with Jon Stewart. It shows the ineptitude of the MSM spreading horrible lies. It reminded me of a lot of the recent posts here, so I thought I would share.

Video Here

[edit on 17-6-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I posted about it here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was great, huh? LOL

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah, you know? And so very true.

It is amazing how far people are going to smear the guy. I wish people would just talk about the issues. If something VERIFIABLE comes up, then we can discuss it, but these petty internet rumors have got to stop. I thought our country was better than that.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The problem with Obama is that people can not get out of their minds to have a black male in the white house.

Many can never get over the ingrained stereotype of a president, middle age or older white male.

For many people this is becoming something close to obscene and unprecedented.

I call it history in the making and about darn time.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I know if what I have could be called "baracknophobia", but I'm definitely scared of what's going to happen if he gets into office. I don't care that he's black. What I care about is all of these programs he's planning. The money has to come from somewhere and I'm convinced that it's going to come from the middle class regardless of what he says. I'm having a hard enough time getting by with the current tax level, thank you.

We need a President right now with business sense. One who will balance the books, cut most if not all spending overseas, and concentrate on conditions in the US. Neither of the major candidates fit this bill for me.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well guess what, were do you think Bush war money is coming from? so I guess that will be the same way with Obama plans.

We are a nation in debt, we are bankrupt and with a failing economy, how bad can it get.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The problem with Obama is that people can not get out of their minds to have a black male in the white house.

This seems to be the common comment from Obama supporters. I know a lot of people and I only know ONE person who has stated that he will not vote for a black man. It's simply not a prevalent opinion. Most that I've talked to, including a few democrats, are scared of where the cost for his ambitious programs is going to come from. I also dislike his plans to send money overseas when we're struggling at home. I've read the bill and despite estimates that it's going to cost next to nothing...there's no amount defined within the bill. The UN seems to think we should be sending an enormous amount of money overseas to help and I'm afraid Obama is going to go along with their opinion.

We cannot afford to be sending large amounts of money overseas when here at home our engine is out of oil and all four tires are flat.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Well guess what, were do you think Bush war money is coming from? so I guess that will be the same way with Obama plans.

We are a nation in debt, we are bankrupt and with a failing economy, how bad can it get.

Which is precisely why I say both candidates suck. Obama is going to push his programs through with no problem due to the democrat controlled congress. McCain is going to have trouble pushing anything through and hopefully Iraq will boot us out so he'll be forced to end the war. Having a fully democrat controlled government that can push anything through they want is a scary thought to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am no supporting anybody my friend, I am open to options, in a nation that has the most corrupted political system gouging its citizens thanks to corporate American running this nation, no matter who is the one in the white house things are not going to change.

Unless we take corporate America out of government meddling, that will take and act of citizen effort not congress.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Back to that 'it must be because he's black' thing...
That's the mantra of those who refuse to see his corruption and it gets so old.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well, here's what you said

Have you personally experienced this?? I see/hear very little of this. I think it's a planned strategy by the Obama campaign...and it's working. Almost without fail, whenever I tell somebody that I don't support Obama, the first words out of the their mouth are "because he's black?" I end up arguing that I'm not a racist instead of explaining why I think his policies are disastrous.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Its the true, people can not get the fact that he is black, a black man in the white house, a white house that only have seen white middle age males for president.

I stand by my choice of words, even if they do not apply to you.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The only viable prospect for me is to make sure you vote for local offices and state elections. Of course that ingrained strict party line crap is not letting that work for us. Since the feds won't put term limits in place, we must start doing this on our own. Its the only way to effect change in any manner. Once a politician is there more than 2 terms,one if its a senator, they forget what they are there for and ingraciate themselves only.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Its the true, people can not get the fact that he is black, a black man in the white house, a white house that only have seen white middle age males for president.

I stand by my choice of words, even if they do not apply to you.

Well, I'm glad you're standing by your words, but you didn't answer the question. Where does this opinion come from? Have you personally experienced people in your life who do not support Obama because of his race? Is this just a gut feeling or have you seen evidence to support your opinion firsthand?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Everyday, as my husband works in a military base and the sentiments against Obama background and race comes in question with the littler political jokes that are circulating around.

I do not support any political candidate right now, but I feel that in America either a woman or a black man for president is long overdue.

Regardless if it happens to be call obama.

And for promises I am still looking to find one single president that has abide by his campaign rhetoric.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
To me it's not so much him but who would be VP. Some people might be worried about another riot over what some group thinks is righteous. If I had my super magic 8 ball, I would know better.

Some say he's the anti-christ. So far, I haven't noticed him doing any false miracles yet. No speaking in several different languages etc.

To me at this point, he's just another American politician. Maybe he should have Bill Cosby as a VP or on his staff, That would be interesting.

Still, no endorsement from Bill Cosby? (COME ON PEOPLE)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Dude, big star for that. LOL. I saw it last night on the daily show. I thought it was pretty funny and it reminded me of ATS when I saw it. I laughed so hard when I saw the headline of your post.

"This must be from that new show, 'Sh*t, we are unquestionably reading off the internet' with your host, All of You." Ahahahaah...

[edit on 6/17/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I do not support any political candidate right now, but I feel that in America either a woman or a black man for president is long overdue.

Do you think either are better than a white dude? I think a black guy or a woman has just as much of a chance to step on their schwanz with golf shoes as much as a white guy (well,with a woman...you know what I mean!)

I don't care if Obama is black. I think he's a knucklehead on par with Jimmy Carter. Blue Triangle is right; I think Obama is promising a lot and I'm just wondering where he's going to get the money to back all this.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Blue Triangle is right; I think Obama is promising a lot and I'm just wondering where he's going to get the money to back all this.

Then you can add him to the long list of for the people elected politicians that are nothing more than corrupted good for nothing sucking to corporate agendas.

Hey but this time is going to be a black one doing the good for nothing.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Im back and I defiantly have Baracknophopia for sure. The guy really creeps me out and makes me want to run for the Canadian Border as fast as I can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join