It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can there be anything beyond doubt?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Thus doubt itself is the only undoubtable. One can't doubt doubt, the very act of doubting doubt reinforces the existance of doubt. So really all we have is doubt. Its the only universal constant. Everything else can be doubted.

Everything is subjective. Our senses and perceptions, our thoughts and memories. Our entire reality is subjective. It can be doubted. Everything we know, experience, remember, think, believe and sense can be doubted.

"Nothing is true, but everything is possible." so says the Naga Rajah

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
I didnt read the snippets you posted but I´d have to agree that there is nothing that can be considered absolute, set in stone, forever.

I'll add ... 'in this universe that is just one in the multiverse'. IMHO we don't know enough about other dimensions to be able to answer it for them, but for this universe and this dimension, I'll agree.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My motto in life: when things amount to a paradox, it's right/true/truth. And that is a paradox, so it's correct.

It's the only thing I know as truth beyond doubt because it proves itself wrong and right at the same time.

edit on 31-5-2014 by Richardus because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2014 by Richardus because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join