It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or is the world acting funny...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
-Historical Election year with black man and woman running for president, right after 2 terms of what is believed to be the most controversial 2 terms in American History. (Recount, 9/11, Bush SR. ties)

-There seems to be another UFO video taped every couple or so days now.

-Natural disasters seem to occur much more often since the Tsunami. Earthquakes (India and China), hurricanes, etc.

-Emergence of easily available Prescription pills as a drug, man-made drugs that do nothing to alter your state of mind except to numb it down. Also, the distribution of these drugs to kids who are "too active" and have "ADD" (which is a joke).

-It seems every year or 6 months there is something new in our diet that is causing disease and/or killing us. Mad cow disease, bird flu, and now tomatoes?

-US economy is on the brink of a massive depression, one that could possibly spread worldwide.

-Crop Circles seem to be making a comeback.

-Bee colonies mysteriously disappearing.

-Fast Food restaurants have become not the alternative, but the "go-to" place for lunch/dinner.

-An asteroid passed by us, extremely close by NASA standards, yet there was no mention of it on the news or anywhere else until extremely late.

-Oklahoma declares sovereignty, no mention of it on the news.

-Living expenses have become extremely unaffordable.

-All this Nibiru (nonsense?) stuff seems to be making a comeback.

-China and N.Korea emerging as Nuclear Superpowers with an extremely strong military in an age of "democracy".

Are we living in a tumultuous time or what? Is it just me or are we headed down the road for a major event coming up? Or has every person who lived in their respected decade felt like this?

[edit on 17-6-2008 by FrankP]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I can only answer you this way.

Im not a religious man by any means, and lord knows I have been wrong about things in the past, but to me it seems like we are living out a lot of what the bible predicted as indication of the coming end of days. At the risk of sounding like a zealot, I am starting to pay more and more attention to prophecy these days where I have been dismissive in the past.

Maybe I am wrong, hopefully I am wrong, but all arrows at present time seem to be steering man kind in one direction, and that direction is death and doom. It is what my internal sensors are telling me on a day to day basis, I do not have a positive outlook for the future of human kind.

Then again, Im sure every generation thinks that theirs is the last to come. We shall see soon enough.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankP
-Historical Election year with black man and woman running for president, right after 2 terms of what is believed to be the most controversial 2 terms in American History. (Recount, 9/11, Bush SR. ties)

Last I saw, a woman wasn't running for president. A black man yes, and it's about time.

-There seems to be another UFO video taped every couple or so days now.

Welcome to the youtube generation. However, pretty much all of the vids posted lately have been shown to be fake or something natural.

-Natural disasters seem to occur much more often since the Tsunami. Earthquakes (India and China), hurricanes, etc.

Seem to be, but in reality, hurricanes, earthquakes, etc are pretty much on par for the average like they have always been.

-It seems every year or 6 months there is something new in our diet that is causing disease and/or killing us. Mad cow disease, bird flu, and now tomatoes?

There might be a light uptrend in this, but due to many things...use of new pestisides, environmental factors, etc. But I don't think it's much more than it was when I was a kid...there were always warnings about eating this or that.

-US economy is on the brink of a massive depression, one that could possibly spread worldwide.

It's happened before, and it will happen again...however, being on the brink of a massive depression is overstating it IMO.

-Crop Circles seem to be making a comeback.

Crop circles have been happening for decades...I don't think they ever stopped. And I think they are ALL made by humans.

-Bee colonies mysteriously disappearing.

Have heard of this, but haven't done any research on it, so can't comment.

-Fast Food restaurants have become not the alternative, but the "go-to" place for lunch/dinner.

Ugh...who would go to a fast food place for lunch and/or dinner? Not me. That's a personal choice. People are always in a hurry, so they need something quick. Nothing odd there I don't think.

-An asteroid passed by us, extremely close by NASA standards, yet there was no mention of it on the news or anywhere else until extremely late.

Which asteroid are you referring to? How close was it? There are lots of NEO every year, and although we don't hear them on the mainstream news, the info is out there if you know where to find it.

-Oklahoma declares sovereignty, no mention of it on the news.

A non binding declaration that other states have done as well...means nothing.

-Living expenses have become extremely unaffordable.

Depends on where you live actually.

-All this Nibiru (nonsense?) stuff seems to be making a comeback.

And it's all garbage.

-China and N.Korea emerging as Nuclear Superpowers with an extremely strong military in an age of "democracy".

Depends on who's "democracy" you are referring to. Just because they aren't Bush's buddies, doesn't mean they can't arm themselves. If a wold superpower said my country was evil, I would arm myself too.

Are we living in a tumultuous time or what? Is it just me or are we headed down the road for a major event coming up? Or has every person who lived in their respected decade felt like this?

[edit on 17-6-2008 by sensfan]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good response, I would love to see some information (charts, graphs, etc.) on the recent weather/natural disasters as well as the other stuff mentioned compared to other decades. It just seems like the world is headed into a downward spiral, but hell, I bet thats what people thought during the 50's and the nuclear age.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Last I saw, a woman wasn't running for president. A black man yes, and it's about time.
reply to post by sensfan

Aren't you being a little hard on the OP? Yes, indeed, a woman was running for president of the United States and it was about time and very meaningful to lots of people in this country. Attitudes such as the one I think I detect in your post are the reason I am turned off completely by the black man of which you wrote. And please don't think I am being racist by my last sentence; you are the one who so clevely pointed out the color of his skin. As much as it may upset some voters to think of it the world does not revolve around Barack Obama.

Now, to address the OP. Yes, it does appear that things are speeding up toward so-called 'end times.' We are seeing more tornados and floods than in past years. There have been earthquakes in areas usually not affected (the midwest). But is this an accident or is our weather and economics being manipulated by such groups as the Illuminati? I have no idea, but I do know that I agree with you that the world is acting extremely funny. I don't like what I see one bit.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
As an example hurricane/tropical cyclone activity works in cycles of 25-30 years so it's normal that we would get that idea because we are now in an upside of an increasing cycle.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What I find most interesting is that certain things in the Bible and other ancient texts seems to be happening again. I'm not talking about prophecy (ie. revalation), but rather what has already happened seems to be happening again in different forms.

If you view what's written in ancient texts (and I mean all of them) as archetypes rather than actual events, you'll start to see them echo throughout history and the world today. What may be unique to our time period right now, is that it seems to all be converging. When this 'zero point' will happen, I have no idea. But things seem to be speeding up. When I started noticing this stuff a couple months ago I damn near went crazy.

In fact you can see the archetypes not only in ancient texts, but movies and literature produced today. Even the topics on ATS seem to be showing a pattern, and it's not random.

The opening of the hall of records may indeed be our ability to see the collective unconscious. And it's something that's all around us at all times, not stored in some ancient library eluding us. It just requires an interpretation.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
What I find most interesting is that certain things in the Bible and other ancient texts seems to be happening again. I'm not talking about prophecy (ie. revalation), but rather what has already happened seems to be happening again in different forms.

If you view what's written in ancient texts (and I mean all of them) as archetypes rather than actual events, you'll start to see them echo throughout history and the world today. What may be unique to our time period right now, is that it seems to all be converging. When this 'zero point' will happen, I have no idea. But things seem to be speeding up. When I started noticing this stuff a couple months ago I damn near went crazy.

In fact you can see the archetypes not only in ancient texts, but movies and literature produced today. Even the topics on ATS seem to be showing a pattern, and it's not random.

The opening of the hall of records may indeed be our ability to see the collective unconscious. And it's something that's all around us at all times, not stored in some ancient library eluding us. It just requires an interpretation.

Care to explain? You've caught my interest.

Growing up in the 90's I've never had any thoughts about "gloom and doom" except for maybe briefly Y2k. To me its just such a stark contrast from the 90's decade and the new millennium. Maybe some older ATS posters can shed some light on this.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think another thing that people don't look at is the sheer number of people on this planet. With such a large population, just statistically we'll have "more" pollution, disease, strife, etc. The percentages remain the same, but with a higher population, the frequencies are becoming dramatic. Also, to agree with the above, I don't think we're having very "unusual" disasters, they're just slammed in our face with instantaneous information. I think humans can only handle so much stimulation, before our panic reaction sets in.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
www.livescience.com...

Disasters increasing

Along with the Office of US Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), CRED maintains an emergency disaster database called EM-DAT. An event is categorized as a natural disaster if it kills 10 or more people or leaves at least 100 people injured, homeless, displaced or evacuated. An event is also included in the database if a country declares it a natural disaster or if requires the country to make a call for international assistance.

According to the EM-DAT, the total natural disasters reported each year has been steadily increasing in recent decades, from 78 in 1970 to 348 in 2004.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It said 254 million people were affected by natural hazards last year - nearly three times as many as in 1990.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankP

It has to do with the collective unconscious (which Jung talked about), and archetypes manifesting in a variety of forms.

For example you might see how we're reliving the time before the Exodus. Most of us are slaves to our job, churches, countries, money. We're all enslaved by this new Roman Empire, which is just a repeat of history before it.

I can also see similarities between the days of the Nephilim and today, with stories of abductions, beings who "came down from heaven and took wives"(hybrids, anyone?) And then there's the cow mutilations. It was written that the "Watchers" possessed the cattle before any other lifeform here. We have topics about strange creatures being born from cows which somewhat resemble our beloved Grays.

Then there's the story of the flood. What do we have today? Rising sea levels with a possible "flood scenario". Attached to this phenomenon we call global warming is ALSO the threat of an ice age ala Day After Tomorrow. The ice age as we know was another extinction period for earth.

The best part is, none of the stories in ancient texts have to actually be true in order to be telling us something.

You could look at recent trends in movies being just as prophetical as so-called prophets. Ultimately we're all getting our information from the collective unconscious and also transmitting new thoughts to it every day. Ever coin a new term and then see it start being used everywhere? Yeah that's what I'm talking about.

The significance I find with all this, is that it's all happening at the same time. No doubt something to do with the Mayan calendar as well, the end of the "long count". The cycles that we experienced might all converge at the same time, so things may get a little crazy.

It doesn't have to be 2012 though. Someone might find a new way to interpret the "end date". This is why I believe that ascension, the golden age, or whatever you want to call it may actually be achieved on an individual basis. It seems the only rule these manifestations or prophecies follow is that they cannot infringe upon beliefs. There's always another way of perceiving it, which is good, because it means we are in control (in a way). If someone predicts an asteroid impact on such and such day, the very fact that it's predicted means that it probably won't happen. This is because the IDEA, or archetype has manifested in the form of TV, newspaper, what have you.

Anyway I could talk about this stuff forever but I'm probably rambling now so I'll give it a rest.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Aren't you being a little hard on the OP? Yes, indeed, a woman was running for president of the United States and it was about time and very meaningful to lots of people in this country. Attitudes such as the one I think I detect in your post are the reason I am turned off completely by the black man of which you wrote. And please don't think I am being racist by my last sentence; you are the one who so clevely pointed out the color of his skin. As much as it may upset some voters to think of it the world does not revolve around Barack Obama.

Excuse me? Can you explain what I said that was hard on the OP and what you think you detect in my post?

The OP said in the post that "A BLACK MAN".....I was responding to his post, and using the same term he did. You have a problem with this why? Don't even DARE to insinuate that I am anti woman! Or than my world revolves around Barack Obama.

I'm afraid you are reading into what I posted something that just isn't there, and I'd like an apology.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just wait till things get bad.

You have to have a sense of humor.

Yes, bad things are happening at a fast pace and i like to call it the "quickening"

Just wait until our veils start to lift!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankP

I have to agree in every sense. I recognise that events occuring world over appear to getting more hysterical by the day.
But then I also think this has a lot to do with peoples perception of things. Coming within the next few years is what's anticipated as quite an apolcalyptic year (2012) and i think the general masses are just maybe running around a little crazy...
:w:

I think there are certain facts that can't simply be ignored but i believe it's the hightened anxiety and hysteria of the general masses that is making everything seem 100 times worse than it perhaps actually is.

So is it just this generation that's on the brink of their mental capacity worrying with all this madness of global warming, terrorism, nuclear war on our doorstep, alien visitations, 2012 doom's day prophecy, erratic weather, rumours of a collapse of the world trade market, new diseases and disorders to battle, predictions of this and that and basically everything you have mentioned in your original post??? Or have things always been in the same heightened frenzy in former decades?? I know for one thing, my grandparents are dimissing any hoo-hah of supposed "global warming" as they've been hearing about rumours of this since their own kids hey day.

Perhaps global warming is just a name to describe the Earth's way of going through major changes that seem to have happened before throughout history and we're all just caught up in the middle of it??

BTW, i did hear about bee colonies dieing off... was it Einstein who said when bees disappeared it would only take like 5 years or something for the whole of humanity to starve??? This sort of thing, people would have brushed off as paranoid new age mumbo jumbo back in the day when it was initially suggested, and now that it's actually happening people are like "Well what do we do now??"

Anyway, the way things are at the moment, it's no wonder the general masses are getting caught up in the frenzy. But then, our collective conciousness has to give of some energy, right??

[edit on 17/6/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
We should all just keep this quote in mind i use it when i'm just over whelmed.Text Blue"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mistery,Today is a Gift thats why they call it Present."

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems unthinkable, but for the first time in human history, ice is on course to disappear entirely from the North Pole this year.

Btw, the whole albert einstien and bee colony quote is a hoax. Still doesn't change the fact that they are disappearing all around the world though.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Spaceman_ziff]

top topics

join