It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.MIX: Above Politics Show 20

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Above Politics Show 20

Martin and Justin interview Rob Griffiths, who is the General Secretary for the Communist Party of Britain. Does the ideology of Communism have a place in the 21st century? Martin and Justin debate the merits of learning more than one language. ATS member Tuning Spork wins the trivia challenge. Is it really possible to "defeat" Google in a trivia challenge? Would The AP Show thrive in a Communist country? Or, would Martin and Justin be sent to the gulag? Tune in, and find out!

Link to the C.P.B.'s Home Page

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS SHOW THREAD ONLY!

To DOWNLOAD This Program, Put Your Mouse Cursor Over the BLUE SHOW FILE NAME, Then RIGHT CLICK. Slide The Cursor Down To SAVE TARGET AS And Then CLICK .... Now Just Decide WHERE You Want To Download The File To And CLICK SAVE. You Might Also Consider SUBSCRIBING To The Shows Through iTunes Where They Are Downloaded To Your computer Automatically.

Please FLAG, STAR & DIGG This Mutha!

length: 45:00
file: atsmix_2963.mp3
size: 15821k
feed: atsmix

[edit on 6/17/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As for the trivia question I am going to take a stab and say Max Headroom.

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Aah, Max Headroom was my first guess, too. But I will say that Justin is refering to KITT from Knight Rider, mainly because I don't remember Max Headroom ever being syndicated. As I recall, it had it's short run and was never heard from again.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand) is a car, with computer augmentation.

Max Headroom is a computer program.

While you guys are puzzling out this computer conundrum, I'd like to direct your attention to this nifty little surprise.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Justin_Case]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Of course it could be a trick question I don't recall the computer in Star Trek The Next Generation having a name.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Nope. Not that one, either. I'll bet Dave knows...but he's not eligible for this contest.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
All right, then, I'm gonna go with Ziggy from Quantum Leap.

The show ran from '89 to '93 though, so I'd say it's more of a '90s show than an '80s show. Loved it.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That's the answer I'm looking for. You are the winner! Dave will stop by with your 500 hand-made appplause points Just as soon as he is able.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Done!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Justin is without a doubt correct...
In countries which are Communismist, there is a repression of a free media. For this man to hold up China...one of worst violators of human rights...as a good model of Communism, because it feeds its population...it discredits him greatly.
he is right, it is safer to be a journalist in China than in Iraq. But why is that? Because as long as you tow the party line and help promote the government, all is well.
does he not realize Christians are killed for their beliefs in China?
Or is that only propaganda as well?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The mandate of the Above Politics Show is to entertain and inform by bringing you the things you won't hear from the mainstream media. We're doing our job, if we can make you think. Agree or disagree, you will be able to make up your own mind because you heard it for yourself, on The Above Politics Show.

new topics

top topics

join