It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Sighting - Need Collaboration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Last night I saw something in the sky that I couldn't identify, thusly I believe it to be a UFO. I was at my girlfriends house in Bushwick, hanging out on her roof when suddenly my attention turned towards the city where I saw half a dozen helicopters, all seeming to converge in a single direction. I correlated the direction they were flying too but saw nothing. I began pacing back and forth and then BOOM I saw some very bright yellow/orange light hovering, almost gliding over the east river around 34th street. This light was very uniformed and slowly sinking until eventually it blipped out. In it's place a second light appeared, brighter and bigger, swaying ever so slightly left and right. The helicopters came close to the light source, and suddenly all but one turned around. the one remaining moved ever closer. After doing a 360 around the light source it erupted in flickering light. My girlfriend said it was on fire, but the helicopter looked more like it was putting on a light show, perhaps trying to communicate with the light source with patterns of light. After about 10 minutes the light source the helicopters were converging onto expanded in size, looked to me like it split into three light sources, and then blipped out. The flashing helicopter started flying back and forth as it's helicopter buddies returned and then seemed to scavenge the area. After 5 minutes of making circles around each other the flashing helicopter turned off the light show it was giving and flew off with the other copters. I noticed a similar light to the one i saw over the east river far off in the south, what looked like it could have been over coney island, or manhattan beach.

any new yorkers see what i'm talking about?

any ufo witnesses see anything similar to this?

i'm rather perplexed by it all.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
crabmeat (great name by the way), I live in the city and work on 34th street. didn't see or hear a thing. what time was this? there was a bit of rain and some thunder and lightening in and around the city. My wife told me she saw serious lightening when she was getting out of the cab by our apartment and we live a couple of blocks from the east river in the 50's. Maybe she saw what you saw.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
it was between 1:30 am and 2:15am - i didn't have a watch on me, nor a cell phone, otherwise i'd have taken pictures despite the bad quality.

at this point of the night the skies were pretty clear, stars galore, if you consider city stars glamorous at all... damn light pollution.

Crab with the biggest claw, Crabmeat

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
well she was home by then and sleeping so she'd be of no use.

did you file a report with mufon or the other agencies that collect this stuff? I saw someone else report a sighting here in the last couple of days, also a NY'er.
wouldn't lobster be a more appropriate name if you are going the largest claw route?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No, i haven't filed anything with MUFON, wanna link me to it?

And yes... lobster would make more sense as their claws are bigger, but i'm not talking about an ordinary crab here, i'm talking about a giant crab with eyes the size of basket balls and claws the size of small cars. gangster!

The crab with the sharpest claw, Crabmeat

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
report here:
www.mufon.com...
some info on what to do if you see a ufo
www.mufon.com...

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Crakeur]

top topics

join