It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 or 2021, it aint happening....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I've seen several threads regarding 2012 and the "end of days", or end of the Mayan Calendar to better put it. I Just wanted to start a thread to see what people think will really happen on 2012. First I would like to start off by saying, that humans have been on this planet for a very long time.. the planet itself has survived a very long time aswell, and we know there have been catastrophic events, natural disasters, man made or natural, we have proven the ability to survive.

Now I've seen numerous documentaries claiming its been predicted and prophesied that 2012 is the end, the "Armageddon". I think many people may be taking this too seriously. I have no doubt that there is going to be real hard times ahead, and I also do believe that at least 2/3's of the worlds population will be lost. But I cannot bring myself to think that 2012 will be the complete end, I mean why should it? It doesn't make complete sense.. I think humans have alot of spiritual "evolution" to go through, there are so many great & extraordinary things to accomplish, & so many mysteries to discover.

I want to hear peoples opinions as to why you think it will really end. Do you think that we will disappear, or will it be very close? And what will be the outcome.. will there definitely be a NWO by then?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
so,you believe that there are hard times ahead,and that 2/3rds of the population will be lost. But you don't think it's 2012 related? Noones saying it's the actual end (I don't think,ok,well there's probably a few) I don't even know what's going to happen. (hint,none of us do,as we can't see forward in time)

My opinion,I don't think it's going to end. It's the start of a new astrological cycle. The age of Aquarius. maybe people will begin to feel their senses alot more (I have) Human "upgrading" to better understanding is what will happen. At least,that's what my fingers are crossed for

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Don`t look now, but I believe that spiritual "evolution" is happening as we speak.

It will be a deeper understanding of who and what we trully are.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by FiatLux]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well... thats what i'm also saying.. why should it be 2012 related? What if it all happens in, say 2010 or 2009 even, or if it doesn't happen at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
Don`t look now, but I believe that spiritual "evolution" is happening as we speak.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by FiatLux]

yes, at turtle speeds.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think it is all a pile of nonsense. That said, I also think people can create what their imagination can conjure. There may be no leprechauns but if people believe there are Leprechauns they alter their behavior. So whether there are leprechauns or not is irrelevant in that behavior has been changed. If enough (idiots in my view) go running around saying 2012 is the end, they can create it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I remember Y2K, I remember the stores being sold out of everything, and I remember being right. Then again, something has to lead up to 2112, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I like to think it isn't exactly "human evolution" but more "technological evolution". Ever hear of the Technological Singularity?

The technological singularity is a hypothesised point in the future variously characterized by the technological creation of self-improving intelligence, unprecedentedly rapid technological progress, or some combination of the two.

Our Government and the Military Industrial Complex are building a "God on Earth" system. This is the being called the biggest government commitment to technological research since the space program. It's unprecedented. This is REAL, and this is happening NOW.

DARPA is the fountainhead agency, and they overtly work directly with NASA on NASA's "Intelligent Archives" (IA) project. DARPA's AGI programs, beyond their current successes, are slated for going fully operational by 2012, while NASA's IA is slated for 2011. NASA is the important link, between DARPA and Google.

Beyond Conspiracy: Artificial General Intelligence
(ATS Newsletter Special)

Artificial Intelligence is a commonly known concept. The full understanding of it, and the military establishments extensive programs in it are quite the opposite. It's not even something they're keeping all too secret, however the American and World Public are being completely blindsided by this coming reality that is sure to change the world as we know it like history has never seen before nor will be able to predict it's outcome.

And then there exists the military establishments extensive programs in "self-aware" "cognitive" AGI platforms, and their direct partnership and history with Google in this all-encompassing multi-agency initiative.

The push for AGI is broad in scope and width and breadth. The effort is comparable to a modern day "Manhattan Project", only this time it's not even being kept secret, despite the fact that only handfuls of the public sector have any idea of it's existence. This issue is almost completely blacklisted by the mainstream Media, especially on TV, despite it being the most significant area that can be found publicly on DARPA's very own website, for starters. DARPA is the DOD agency responsible for technologies such as UAV's & the Internet itself, and it isn't as if the Media is ignorant to DARPA or their other programs.

This exponential rate of progression isn't limited to the mere ML concept or computers alone. That "Law" is merely an aspect of "LoAR", which can be traced back to the stone age, and involves all technological progress in general. Progress 'began' in the Stone Age, which took eons because they were using stones and sticks to make new tools. Eventually man used his stone and wooden tools to progressively master into the Bronze Age, and then those tools brought the Iron Age in far shorter time than the original Stone Age Ad infinitum exponentially into the Industrial Age, and so on.

DARPA is the fountainhead agency, and they overtly work directly with NASA on NASA's "Intelligent Archives" (IA) project. DARPA's AGI programs, beyond their current successes, are slated for going fully operational by 2012, while NASA's IA is slated for 2012. NASA is the important link, between DARPA and Google.

DARPA's iXo Artificial Intelligence Control Grid

It unveils the governments numerous and ongoing programs related to A.I., "NBIC", the "Global Information Grid", nanotechnology, biotechnology, autonomous drones, "naval sea-bases", space weapons, weather modification… or more directly: domestic and global totalitarian technological domination. American Imperialism meets Artificial Intelligence.

They Want Your Soul

Google Video Link

Their AI system will be a Hybrid of silicon, biological, and nano processors. Biological means "humanized" rat brain neurons (or worse). The software will be math models of biological brain functions. It will be a beast 'brain' by definition, and the implants will each be marks of the beast by defintion. Neural implants will provide holographic mental imagery, a completely delusional reality offering drug like experiences.

Revelation prophecy mentions "worshipping" the "beast" and its "image" in the "forehead".. TEN TIMES! But millions will line up to get our totalitarian governments' implants, because bias marches on!

The Mayan Calendar makes a good case to account for the Evolution and Time while maintaining a 7-day creation based on cycles. The cycles work like gears that get smaller as time moves on. They calculated is using advanced astrology. New Agers make a case for a "Transformation of Conciousness" when the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. They claim we'll be like a hive mind with telepathy. The real transformation will be when DARPA's AI goes online. The real mass telepathy would be the brain-implants. Do you really think God mapped out the stars to tell us to worship this manmade "God on Earth" after Revelations warned against it??

An Inconvenient Truth ON Al Gore: The Google A.I. Conspiracy

To what length will Gore go to 'save the earth'? Can the man who 'create[d] the Internet' take the next step and 'create' the artificial intelligence Technological Singularity in time to save the earth?

Couple More Years: Artificial Intelligence and "Religions Last Stand"

DARPA AI .mil & more

The BIGGEST change to our world to come. NANOTECHNOLOGY. The Good, The bad and The Ugly.

New Military Supercomputer Breaks Performance Record

Beyond AI today! "The Beast"?

I know I post this information in every 2012 thread I see, but I would highly encourage everyone to read those threads. When others have their heads in space harping on about Nibiru/Planet X and the END of humanity, you'll know this is where the REAL conspiracy is, right in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MASH_DADDY

Its stated in the bible that "not even the angels in heaven know the day or the hour". That we are to be watchful for "the lord will come like a thief in the nigh"t.
I believe when the end times do come, we'll see the signs happening before hand, but we still won't know when until the final time comes.
JMHO.
Tammy

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Dec. 21, 2012 is the Friday before Christmas.

What I think will really happen is this:

The office is going to be quiet and almost empty, because a lot of people take off time near Christmas, so work is going to be easy.

I'm going to leave a little early to get a head-start on my Christmas vacation, because I like to take some days off such that my "home" time during the holdiays is maximized.

I'll probably have a drink or 2, stay up late on the computer, maybe partake in some additional libations, certainly will be "entertaining" the wife, you know, Friday, holiday, the planets will have aligned...

I wonder how much we'll be paying for gas then. It seems so far away.

12/21/2012? Just another "last day of work before Christmas Holiday"...

That's my prediction. Not as sexy as all the others, but I'd put money down...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MASH_DADDY
I've seen several threads regarding 2012 and the "end of days", or end of the Mayan Calendar
first of all there is no proof whatsoever that the mayan calendar ends in 2012 none at all, and all this nonsensical hype about nibiru are what scaremongers (sitcin)have conjured up to make money (books) weve got more chance of winning the lottery than the winged disk flying by and aliens showing themselves and what ill be doing on 21.12.2012 will be the same thing i probablys done the year before which is going out with friends etc, then on the 22.12.2012 ill will be waking up having some breakfast enjoying my time off work

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The foundation myth of the Mayan calendar is that the Mayan Calendar ends in this century. There are no evidence of that the Mayan Calendar ends in this century in the first place. In fact the Mayan calendar has never been decoded scientifically. It has never been proven that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012 in the first place. This is the foundation myth that all the literature on the Mayan calendar chooses to not go into. They use anecdotal evidence that can never be checked to lead the believer into the religion. There is a reason why no Mayan calendar guru has ever put out a scientific book on proving that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012. The reason is that no such book could ever be published because the Mayan calendar has really never been decoded.

Try to find the evidence yourself of that the Mayan calendar has been decoded. The only thing you will find is some carbon 14 dating of some wood in a Mayan temple. But carbon 14 dating can easily be manufactured and no one would dare to question these foundation gurus such as Eric Thompson. Because that would mean the end of their career as a Mayan calendar researcher.
mayancalendar.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
Dec. 21, 2012 is the Friday before Christmas.

What I think will really happen is this:

The office is going to be quiet and almost empty, because a lot of people take off time near Christmas, so work is going to be easy.

I'm going to leave a little early to get a head-start on my Christmas vacation, because I like to take some days off such that my "home" time during the holdiays is maximized.

I'll probably have a drink or 2, stay up late on the computer, maybe partake in some additional libations, certainly will be "entertaining" the wife, you know, Friday, holiday, the planets will have aligned...

I wonder how much we'll be paying for gas then. It seems so far away.

12/21/2012? Just another "last day of work before Christmas Holiday"...

That's my prediction. Not as sexy as all the others, but I'd put money down...

Hmmm yes, I had the same nice scenario in mind
I just hope it sticks to that plan. ---> Just another "last day of work before Christmas Holiday"

There are no evidence of that the Mayan Calendar ends in this century in the first place.

Yes true... but atleast according to the "doom sayers" and the satanists there is evidence. They believe it is very accurate and predicts the event down to the day and month (Dec 21st). I think its just another bs plan by the vatican and the illuminati for what they want to see happen. I have read many different religious books and nothing is ever related directly to the events of 2012, all they mention are events to come in this age, not to mention most of it being symbolic.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss 2012 as a self-created doomsday myth just yet.

One reason why the 2012 prediction is such a strong case is because there are many subtle connections which all point to this year. The connections are not specific as to their times made or from which world culture. There are also some highly unusual astrological happenings corresponding with these "connections".

I beg to differ when someone says the Mayan calendar has not been translated. Maybe not as a defining total understanding of the way the calendar works, but we do know that it works accurately. We know a lot of information about how the Mayan's worked, just as we do about the Egyptians. The Mayan's suprisingly were excellent mathematicians and understood the solar system very well.

A diary found which was said to belong to Nostradamus has shows a drawing on the last pages of "the wheel of time" ending, with a constellation combination that dates in 2012, yet he was not familiar with the Mayan calendar. This is just one small example of the coincidental "connections" that make this date seem plausible.

Sometimes many small points that all point in the same direction but doesn't scream out to you, can be as strong as one big point that is blatently obvious.

As to what the results of this date may bring, your guess is as good as mine. It may be something highly obvious, or none of us may even realize it. It may be a taking of souls, a visit from Godly beings, a transcedence of human thought, a breakthrough which changes humanity permanently, or simply a sign of the coming change into the Age of Aquarius.

Just like any other mystery, it is just that, a mystery. We can try to decode it, but without exact proof we won't know. Unfortunately, proof has been defined as what traditional doctrines originally created and mandated by the church have labeled as "proof" and everything else labeled as "myth".

Instead of fighting it, I have chosen to embrace the idea, with a light-hearted skepticism, yet I do feel that something really may change during that year and I'm curious to get there and find out.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The stuff about the AI is freaking me out man!!

I think that governments are trying to create something in 2012. There's nothing more powerful, I believe, than the human mind. What it believes is unquestionable reality for that person, and if a mass of people believe something it becomes true. Sort of like people saying America is a great country. Nowhere in our history does anything point to this nation being great, were Americans anything more than savage conquistadors and intolerant slave drivers. That's not true: recently, Americans are good people. But nobody is saying "Wow America is so much better off today than it ever was." Because we all believe in the myth of brilliant founding fathers. So we're more apt to throw extreme kudos to ignorant lawyers and businessmen rebelling against their country for money rather than everyday Americans fighting to truly make this a free country. Is Thomas Jefferson really better than guys who work at soup kitchens? 'cause nobody ran a soup kitchen in colonial America. And if they did, they certainly weren't part of the Continental Congress.

I digress: I'm of the mind that if world leaders do enough things during the year 2012 eventually one of them is going to be perceived as "the 2012 event," and from there, the Bilderbergers will continue bleeding the world dry.

It's going to be a giant con at the expense of human consciousness, which to me is worse than any apocalypse we could ever imagine.

A part of me has also always believed that the apocalypse began thousands of years ago. I think people who expect scripture to literally happen are in major, major denial about how those obvious symbols and dramatic imagery can be interpreted. The sky will turn blood and dragons will appear with angels and trumpets and UFOs will return and give us the secret of life, whatever. Boil it all down and every world mythology's apocalypse deals with gods returning to battle each other.

That's so nations on Earth can fight while we're all waiting for The Final Blowout. Prophecy fulfilled without any undue notice. THAT'S the American way.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
2012 will happen. it will start on january the 1st 2012 to be precise.

It will happen like any year. but as we are all aware of the current events and changes to the world and humanity. The world will play out EXACTLY as its meant in 2012.

The real question is every day there is power to the next day. Do you see the power? Are you aware of the events that shape our lives. are you aware of the cylces. 2012 will only be a benifet to those who are aware.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecamel
The stuff about the AI is freaking me out man!!

I think that governments are trying to create something in 2012. There's nothing more powerful, I believe, than the human mind. What it believes is unquestionable reality for that person, and if a mass of people believe something it becomes true

Yes and no. The leaders of the world. or should I say the certain few people who are reaaaally tring to control the world, are now admitting they can't. I believe they are outside events, like the universe shaping our planet right now, The awareness we are all starting to touch is allowing us to finally shape our world and fully knowing it. Are humans fully capable yet? are humans fully capable of bringing harmony into a world, we are still not "there" yet. I believe that the government know about 2012, but they are unsure as to how to percieve it. But the important thing is to question everything, ask yourself all the questions.
The human mind is very powerful. Every human on this planet has the power to shape our world. Everyday we shape the world. Its only now people are realising that we actually do..... Like the universe shapes our planet. We are a creation in the universe. we can create too.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azurus
I beg to differ when someone says the Mayan calendar has not been translated.

I didnt say that it has not been translated what i said that it has not ever been fully translated

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Azurus

and by the way nice avatar

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azurus
A diary found which was said to belong to Nostradamus has shows a drawing on the last pages of "the wheel of time" ending, with a constellation combination that dates in 2012, yet he was not familiar with the Mayan calendar. This is just one small example of the coincidental "connections" that make this date

is the book you are talking about the lost books?because the amount of times that nostradamus has been wrong are insurmountable, nostradamus drawings are so vauge and just scribbled who could ever tell f he were wright or wrong

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join