It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market full of oil and price trend "fake": Ahmadinejad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Market full of oil and price trend "fake": Ahmadinejad

www.rawstory.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - The market is full of oil and the rising price trend is "fake and imposed," Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday.

"At a time when the growth of consumption is lower than the growth of production and the market is full of oil, prices are rising and this trend is completely fake and imposed," Ahmadinejad said in a televised speech.

Iran, the world's fourth-largest oil exporter, has repeatedly said the market is well-supplied with crude and blames rising prices on speculation, weakness of the U.S. dollar and geopolitical factors.

"As you know the decrease in the dollar's value and the increase in energy prices are two sides of the same coin which are being introduced as factors behind the recent instability," Ahmadinejad said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The President of Iran is crazy like a fox. He is saying what the CEO of BP and Bloomberg.com just reported last week--that oil is in a "bubble," that stocks are fine, and (what these two fine capitalist institutions didn't say) that its price is being manipulated.

More mind games from Ahmandinejad. Very interesting development in the continuing war of words between the US and Iran.

[typos]

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-6-2008 by gottago]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It sounds like the truth to me. I don't see what is so sly about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yep, he does speak facts..

something im sure most americans dont understand... fair enough being they havent seen them in quite some time!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

To me, too.

Good psychology on Ahmandinejad's part: if Western gov'ts are happy to keep silent and let their largest corporations manipulate markets to screw over their populations, they might be doing the same thing in relation to Iran.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
That is what is so damned clever about the man. He is speaking the truth.

I bet that he does that about half the time, maybe even more.

It dosen't change the fact that he is our enemy. Should we not believe him this time because he is our sworn ememy? No.

The lieing manipulators would love that. He might even love that!
He is a virtuoso lieing manipulator himself.

But there are a lot of people who will automatically believe he is lieing.
So by telling the truth, he gets to laugh at us either way. Both ways.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
It sounds like the truth to me. I don't see what is so sly about it.

Hmmm. It may seem crazy, but if you believe it, things suddenly start to make a lot of sense...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
It is absolutely true, the price rise is 100 percent the financiers trying to desperately make back the money they are losing hand over fist from the credit/subprime/hedge fund/derivatives debacle! Oil is the only commodity they can really use to shift their loses onto the people and they'll keep doing it as much as we will let them! Food is their second option to rip us off with. It is nothing more than the massive wealth transfer from all world citizins to cover the rotten corrupt western capitalist markets to prop up military spending, wars, pension funds and stock markets! If it keeps going we will see inter class and inter generational conflict on a scale we have never seen before.

This is the slow train wreck of capitalism and democracy that allows and supports such blatent gouging of the middle classes, working class actually every class except the corporate controllers and their brain washed cubicle zombies!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This would explain more record breaking profits while oil producing companies are playing off like they're being "squeezed" or "bound" of some sort. Time to stop blinding throwing punches in the direction we're pointed in and start taking a critical look at the people in our corner...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Look at it in a larger context.

Oil prices. The housing collapse (just getting warmed up). The impending banking collapse. Rising inflation. Unprecedented national debt. Wars we can't afford. Wars yet to be waged. Skyrocketing prices of food and utilities. Food shortages. Rising unemployment. The dollar just waiting to collapse.

It's all playing out like a well choreographed broadway show on our televisions and in our newspapers. It seems surreal but if we could peek around the curtain and see all of the stage hands and props behind the scenes we would realize that it is ALL an illusion. A magical trick, performed with a masterful sleight of hand and brilliantly executed timing.

We are caught in a vise and the screw is being slowly advanced, until it breaks the backbone of our nation. It won't stop turning until we collectively beg for mercy. Anything to make it stop.

This is the next 9/11, and it is happening in slow motion before our very eyes. An implosion which will be felt around the world.

Can't you feel it coming?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Again...

He's almost certainly right... Yet he's the one most American's fear?
Why?

Because most Americans seem to believe their own papers and media and everything else that tries to demonise this man.

He's right...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK

This is the next 9/11....

This phrase rings true in so many ways.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Yep, he does speak facts..

something im sure most americans dont understand... fair enough being they havent seen them in quite some time!

I afraid I don't understand what you mean by that. Ever since gas began it's tireless hike, everyone I knew but the environmentalists blamed prices on the greed of either the companies and/or the countries that held the oil, and environmentalists only buy into the shortage crap due to their need to spread fear and doubt in order to get people to rush blindly to the nearest alternative fuel source. I recall my cousin encouraging people to boycott gas stations, and me explaining to her that the world simply doesn't work that way.

The only reason Ahmadinejad said anything is to spread doubt about the dollar's future and make him seem like a nice credible guy, both of which you people played into PERFECTLY. Just promise you'll all stay away from Cyber Hitler's speeches in South America and everything will be fine.

Hopefully ethanol is just on the horizon, it'll make the U.S. the absolute economic powerhouse of the world and give South America a much needed boost. I can't help but wonder what will become of the middle east since there will be virtually no money in the region.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by galduke

So by acknowledging that he spoke the truth, we played into his hands PERFECTLY? What response are we supposed to have to this, outrage?

I don't think that Ahmandinejad highlighting the fact that the dollar is in the toilet is doing any more harm than our leaders ignoring or hiding the fact. We seem to be destroying the dollar perfectly well all on our own.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by galduke

Hopefully ethanol is just on the horizon, it'll make the U.S. the absolute economic powerhouse of the world and give South America a much needed boost. I can't help but wonder what will become of the middle east since there will be virtually no money in the region.

Ethanol will enrich the huge farming combines and drive up consumer prices for food, no more than that. Why else do you think the gov't is pushing it now?

The CEO of BP said last week there is no oil shortage and that the world has proven reserves to last 40 years.

Ethanol is being pushed now to leverage the same $ gains that oil is making. Agribusiness wants a slice of the extortion money too.

[typo]

[edit on 17-6-2008 by gottago]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago

TEHRAN (Reuters) - The market is full of oil and the rising price trend is "fake and imposed," Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said

[...] has repeatedly said the market is well-supplied with crude and blames rising prices on speculation, weakness of the U.S. dollar and geopolitical factors.

he states generalizations rather than 'truths'

One reason why the USD is weak/devalued is because of the repeated prime-rate cuts to 2%...
And the Fed's bail out of the various banks 'toxic paper' the banks conned other investors to buy...
And because of the inflationary M3 money supply (above 16% yr) that is now a secret & unpublished metric...

he also cites geopolitical factors;
these would include the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, the mess the US is creating in destabilizing Pakistan...
but he might cite the tension that Iran itself is contributing,
with boats doing mock attacks on Persian Gulf ships,
the ongoing unilateral uranium enrichment programs that can be demonized by western propaganda...

which leaves only his 3rd piece of the trinity-of-economic collapse;
exhorbanent oil prices arising from speculation.
if he cited the US hedge funds, along with the PlungeProtectionTeam manipulations of oil futures as 2 of the 3 contributing factors, then he would be entering the realms of facts instead of speaking from the fringe area of generalities.
Where else is all these 100s of billions of speculation funds coming from?
I'd say the investment banks who exchanged their Billions of toxic paper (worth .15 on the dollar) for US Treasuries obtained from the Fed on an dollar-dollar trade...is being used to speculate on oil futures so as to build up these morally & financially bankrupt institutions' 'balance sheets'...
thus leading to end of year 'Bonuses' for the executive elites..

...but of course Ahmadinejad is not a credible voice... is he?
or is He??

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by galduke

Please do a google search or something. It costs more energy output to produce ethanol than it actually gives back. It's a farce that will starve the world.

So the leader of Iran speaks the truth and Bush lies but I am supposed to be "skeerd" of Iran? I don't get the joke.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad may be a little looney.. but fortunately he does speak the truth and makes sense most of the time. It is a fact, it is all fake. There is no oil shortage, there won't be for a while, its all propaganda. Why do people look past this? Haven't you noticed how the prices just jump because of stupid reasons? They use every opportunity to steal as much as they can.

This is one of the reasons why the U.S and Israel want to get rid of him.. they know people will think that his words make sense, they are terrified of being exposed.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by StUdio

[,...] which leaves only his 3rd piece of the trinity-of-economic collapse;

exhorbanent oil prices arising from speculation.

If he cited the US hedge funds, along with the PlungeProtectionTeam manipulations of oil futures as 2 of the 3 contributing factors, then he would be entering the realms of facts instead of speaking from the fringe area of generalities.
Where else is all these 100s of billions of speculation funds coming from?
I'd say the investment banks who exchanged their Billions of toxic paper (worth .15 on the dollar) for US Treasuries obtained from the Fed on an dollar-dollar trade...is being used to speculate on oil futures so as to build up these morally & financially bankrupt institutions' 'balance sheets'...
thus leading to end of year 'Bonuses' for the executive elites..

a follow up:
today i read a one page piece which states in 6 sections,
what i condensed into a single thought paragraph(above).
...the quick read is here->

www.opednews.com...

A notable, unique insight... is the authors idea that the oil price bubble will burst immediately after Labor Day & before the election.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That wouldn't surprise me. Especially if Bush and McCain can "convince" congress to open up offshore drilling again. They would be the messiah's of lower oil costs. The world would think it was the prospect of new oil that lowered the price, not the outcome of a manufactured fleecing of the public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join