It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Osama Being Searched for 24/7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The hunt for the worlds most wanted terrorist is getting much more intense. The United States has started using surveillance that will enable them to monitor certain areas 24/7. Ground censors listening for vehicles, the U-2 Spy Plane is being utilized to monitor communications as is the unmanned Predator Drones will be flying overhead as well with some carrying Hellfire missiles.

All this will occur in the mountainous border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan in hopes that Osama Bin Laden will start to get worried and move around a bit more. Thus allowing for a quick capture of the terrorist.

"We are putting the pieces in place to throw the net over him," one official told CNN.
Data from the planes and sensors will be sent via satellite to analysts for quick action. The U.S. military has bought up satellite transmission capacity in the region, to ensure it can respond quickly. "

"But none of the measures are being acknowledged officially.

"Of course you've heard and seen in the press that Osama bin Laden is surrounded, we have him cornered and we know where he is, etc., etc. And of course, we don't know that," said Gen. John Abizaid, commander of the U.S. Central Command, in an interview with PBS' Jim Lehrer.

Abizaid added that there are no U.S. troops on Pakistani soil, and said U.S. efforts with the Pakistanis are focused on cooperation and coordination.

When asked if he thought bin Laden would be captured this year, the general said he had no way of knowing.

But, he said, "I think that we will make it very painful for al Qaeda between now and the end of the year."

Data from the planes and sensors will be sent via satellite to analysts for quick action. The U.S. military has bought up satellite transmission capacity in the region, to ensure it can respond quickly.

But none of the measures are being acknowledged officially.

"Of course you've heard and seen in the press that Osama bin Laden is surrounded, we have him cornered and we know where he is, etc., etc. And of course, we don't know that," said Gen. John Abizaid, commander of the U.S. Central Command, in an interview with PBS' Jim Lehrer.

Abizaid added that there are no U.S. troops on Pakistani soil, and said U.S. efforts with the Pakistanis are focused on cooperation and coordination.

When asked if he thought bin Laden would be captured this year, the general said he had no way of knowing.

But, he said, "I think that we will make it very painful for al Qaeda between now and the end of the year."
www.cnn.com...

Ok I have a personal question....on top of this article....

Why hasnt this been happening from the beginning?

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Dreamz]

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
very interesting..just maybe...we have him already and this is part of a staged event leading up to the announced capture in a few weeks???

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Dreamz and WorldWatcher: I have been watching this story and trying to piece together clues since late January. I have one military source (reliable in the past) that insists Osama was captured in Iran in late January. The search has been ongoing and heavy all along, according to this source.

The situation with Iran was delicate, and required a lot of diplomacy. Italy helped with that, sending the Italian Foreign Minister to Iran about January 21. The FM called Sec. Powell immediately upon leaving Iran, on January 23rd. I saw independent reports on that, though no specific reasons were given for the visit or the call to Powell. Mansoor Ijaz claimed some time ago that Osama and al Zawahiri were in Iran.

Another hint is that there was a sudden spate of captures of inner circle Al Queda operatives starting in late January, and still happening as late as 2/3 days ago in Yemen.

The odd statement by Bush to Tim Russert on Feb. 8 was another possible clue. Bush has always made the "we are hunting him, etc." statement in the past when asked about bin Laden's location, but as you know, he refused comment when Russert asked about bin Laden's "whereabouts."

The last interesting thing: My source claimed about a month ago that Osama would be officially "captured" along the Afghan/Pak border to cover for Iran's help.

Interesting, wouldn't you say?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I had even seen reports that Iran admitted to having the #2 al qaeda guy and bin ladens son. Kricket, I too remember Mansoor Ijaz saying the same thing.

It was also reported months back, and very briefly I might add, that they captured Mullah Omar - then nothing about him.

Who knows exactly what is happening but there sure is quite a bit of 'chatter' regarding UBL.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
well IMO theres something strange going on to do with Bin Laden. For the past 2 months, he's been spoken about more and has alleged to been captured (Iran and the lastest pakistian).
All i can say, is something is just not right here

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Dubya's gonna have to do something big to win the election and he knows it. Right now Kerry and Dubya each have 44% of america voting for them if the election were held today. I definately think that he will be/is captured for a considerable amount of time before an announcement of his capture.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just to cover all the bases. There was an old story that Osama's body had been handed over and 'on-ice' for quite a while. Involved OBL's family.

The alleged plan was for a staged capture. Possibly w/Mullah Omar. Now, if you believe in conspiracies, here's a possibility that should hold no surprises. NOW that they are intensifying the search 24/7 with full electronic surveilance, plus his region is surrounded, they follow a hunch about a suspicious-looking carrier pidgeon exiting a cave. A firefight ensues, Osama and cavemates get shot to heck. A few Kodak disposables capture the moment - GI moral ups a notch - "grave disappointment" (no pun intended) declared by the neocons that a trial was averted. But 'justice' was served.

Could they just check for freezer burn? And make sure no pidgeons are injured in the making of this ... whatever. For PETA's sake!

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Yeah the idea of OBL being caught soon seems to be gaining alot of steam and it is funny how the stories of him already being captured are also coming out at the same time....Im guessing if OBL is being held and a staged fight will occur then eventually one of the soldiers involved will hopefully come forward before the next election. Granted he is captured before then.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Latest word is: Expect announcement of capture, or trotting out of dead body of OBL in about 3 weeks. Announcement will be made by Admiral McRaven, commander of Special Force 121.

The "dead body" reference and the mention of McRaven has not been heard before from my source, the rest of this story has been floating since January 20.

Notice how some can only think of the politics, not the victory. If Clinton had pulled this off, they would be estatic.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I find it funny that the headline on CNN said they were going to search for him 24/7. We knew that, isnt that what you guys have been doing since day one?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
for those that believed we already had him in a couple of threads it was mentioned that it would be bad if we caught him in Iran or Pakistan. Here is a "leak" saying we know he is moving. Guess we could now catch him and no one would think it was in pakistan or iran...

Link

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Maybe this has been answered before.. but after reading that CNN headline "24/7 Search for OBL" I was shocked.... I'm glad after 2+ years that we finally got our 'act' together and started looking for him all the time.... How much were we looking before? They had office hours for when they searched for him?

Look out OBL the US is searching for you 9-5 mon thru weds. AND every other weekend 10-3 (pm)... what a joke.

join