It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I had a very scary thought.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
George Bush Senior was a Vice President before he ever became President. George Bush Jr. might be a President twice before becoming a vice president, and leading us in to the end of days as we know them. He endorses McCain, who says that he would not be the VP? Maybe that was part of the contract?

[edit on 17-6-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It could never happen. If McCain dies in office that would make "W" president again, and a person cannot serve 3 terms as president.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good call! But could a former president become a vice president? If so what would happen if McCain was assasinated or died of natural causes?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Good call! But could a former president become a vice president? If so what would happen if McCain was assasinated or died of natural causes?

One, itll never happen regardless of the law. WIth bush's low approval ratiing you think McCain would EVER let bush try to jump on the ticket? Asinine.

But here in America we have a constitution to prevent such things.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Thats when you bring in BOB DOLE to tell the world its a friendlier more economically sound world then before.k

But seriously, does anybody have the answers to that question.

Silvia brown said it would be a president that would have a heart attack.

Don't know how much faith to put into that but if its Mccain hes pretty damn old.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think if any president will ever gain a 3rd term would be ol Bill Clinton. He's seen as the guy who fixed the last Bush's messes correct? I was a kid when he was first in office but that's what i think. But no, i don't think we'll ever see the W in politics soon. I think he's gonna call it quits once the new prez comes on in.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
But seriously, does anybody have the answers to that question.

The qualifications for President and Vice President are, naturally, the same. Since Bush can't serve a third presidential term, neither can he serve as Veep.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
One, itll never happen regardless of the law. WIth bush's low approval ratiing you think McCain would EVER let bush try to jump on the ticket? Asinine.

But here in America we have a constitution to prevent such things.

I would like to point out here that Bush was already highly unpopular before his second term in office. Yet he was still elected. I don't think his low approval rating would be a factor in that. That's all...continue on.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I would like to point out here that Bush was already highly unpopular before his second term in office. Yet he was still elected. I don't think his low approval rating would be a factor in that. That's all...continue on.

Thats what I'm saying, who s gonna be McCains VP? Just leave the rest to Diebold voting machines.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If McCain is smart he'll select Condoleezza Rice for his vp.
My prediction.

TH

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

His approval ratings were not in the 20's and low 30's. Gas was not at almost 5 dollars a gallon. WE weren't into Iraq 4 more years without much progress. And John KErry is no Barack Obama.

Anyways, its impossible, so the debate is moot. Bush cannot serve as VP. MCcain will end up taking Mitt Romney Mike Huckabee or a female, i think theres one from Missouri?? Cant remember off the top of my head

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
It could never happen. If McCain dies in office that would make "W" president again, and a person cannot serve 3 terms as president.

Just wondering, but can't they change that rule? Any loopholes? or just simply change it?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by JesterMan

Just wondering, but can't they change that rule? Any loopholes? or just simply change it?

Lol, well they would have to amend the constitution, which is perhaps the single hardest piece of legislation to attempt in our system of government.

So hypothetically, its possible, but it will never happen esp if the intent is to allow Bush on to claim a third term, with a democratic congress. ID even venture to guess most repubs would never allow it either.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Lol, well they would have to amend the constitution, which is perhaps the single hardest piece of legislation to attempt in our system of government.

So hypothetically, its possible, but it will never happen esp if the intent is to allow Bush on to claim a third term, with a democratic congress. ID even venture to guess most repubs would never allow it either.

Haha your right.

The only way I see it possible is say, maybe a huge disaster happens, a lot of the population die, including some goverment people etc. It's possible if something big happens and you can get away with big changes in goverment rules.

But of course I don't think that will happen lol, well I hope not!!
'

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

the most plausible disaster scenario is if bush declares martial law and delays the election. But id suspect anarchy if that happened.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well the reason I bring this up, is because yesterday I heard a blurb on CNN of the likely possibilty of another Bush in the Whitehouse, the only other one in the family that would be eligible would be Jeb, thats even scarier.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

theres a good chance jeb would be on the ticket, but that would be in '12

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I hearbye officially offer my name into the pool for McCain's VP.

McCain/JesterMan 2008

Couldn't be worse than the last guy!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The three term rule was instituted after this guy:

Franklin D. Roosevelt was President from March 4, 1933 to April 12, 1945. He died in his third term. Since then, no U.S. President may serve over 2 four year terms.

[edit on 6/17/2008 by garyo1954]

new topics

top topics

join