It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DevilsLand = Disneyland = programmed people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by Ian McLean
...Which emphasis a pretty important point: Yeah, notice the manipulation, question the motives, become annoyed when you're being exploited, but don't let it kill your sense of wonder, and don't become so cynical that you never trust that sometimes, people are just trying, in their imperfect way, to make something that's fun.

The Disney corporation will not run pedophile checks against their employees because they are "too expensive". (At least that was true the last time I checked).

Think about that for a moment. You *KNOW* your clientele are kids, and yet you won't spend $15 an employee to verify that they aren't known sex offenders? Does that sound like they are just "trying, in their imperfect way"?

A huge red flag and we have the winner, jeez, now that is some interesting, definately keep a tight hold on the youngins.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
as far as i can see so far Disneyland paris does not require police checks as they seem to recruit dancers etc from all over europe..

Legoland windsor does require complete a Disclosure check with the Criminal Records Bureau.

thanks for that info , one would not expect that at all.

blessings to all

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
The Disney corporation will not run pedophile checks against their employees because they are "too expensive". (At least that was true the last time I checked).

Think about that for a moment. You *KNOW* your clientele are kids, and yet you won't spend $15 an employee to verify that they aren't known sex offenders? Does that sound like they are just "trying, in their imperfect way"?

A huge red flag and we have the winner, jeez, now that is some interesting, definately keep a tight hold on the youngins.

Did a quick google search... there was a big flap about this around 10 years ago, when ABC News (owned by Disney) pulled a story on their lack of background checks. Egads. That's inexcusable.

Looks like Disney changed the no background check policy in 1998, though, quietly, so they wouldn't be seen as reacting to anything specific:

Disney Implements Background Checks.... FINALLY!!:

AP 10/18/98

All new employees at Walt Disney World are now subject to background checks, a policy quietly implemented after a Disney worker was arrested in the rape of a teen-age tourist.

The expansion of background checks also comes as a book critical of park security went to press. Peter Schweizer, an author of "Disney: The Mouse Betrayed," said the announcement is "more than coincidence."

A Disney spokesman said the book had nothing to do with the change.

"That's something we've kicked around for a long time," said spokesman Bill Warren.

Sheesh I don't believe I'm defending The Mouse. Fair's fair, though.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I totally forgot I would practice some of my mind to mind conversations, thought tranference to some peope there, and three out of five people were open to outside suggestion.

I asked what time it was and directed my (mental energy) into their body and the lady said two o clock, like a freaking mindless robot waiting for more transmissions. She was definately highly suggestable. But then again I am know stick in the woods when it comes to saying whats on my mind.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've never been to dsneyland (nor do I want to, come to that in a min. ), (I have been to a couple of other parks) BUT,
WHERE were you standing, that you were sent away?
In the middle of the exit (or queue) of a ride?
Possibly you where blocking the place off or causing a hazard!
If that were the case, then no you can't stand or sit where a stampede of people are coming!!!
And no, of course you can't just lie or sit on the grass!

NEWSPAPERARTICLE year 2000(Disneyland Pairs): [...]break-even target of 27,000 people a day[...]
findarticles.com...

Now imagine they would all walk on the grass and let there children run around on it, I wonder what the pretty lawn would look like?
It would be EFFIN unrepairable on the first day!!!
Please be serious!
I'll move on, VERY QUICKLY...

Next point:
"Full of occult symbols"
Well have a look at the entertainment industry and I mean any branch of it! That's the way it is. I will not comment on my opinion, but you will alwys have those symbols in parks, that sell the most: and ATM a lot of occult stuff is there!
They only use things that 'the general public' want.
'nough said, post needs shortening

[...]Even the smiles on the employees faces were sterile.[...]

Have you got a fulltime job (standing all day, a bit of manual labour and possibly responsibility) where you have to smile all day?
Before anyone says, 'yes!', let me continue!
I did mention smiling ALL the time didn't I?
Oh and those minor things like
- having to put up with screaming kids (and adults *cough*) all day
- cleaning up trash and worse behind the same customers you are treating so well
as well as
- "only doing your job" and having people constantly speak back at you:
After the 27.000th time saying:
"I'm sorry you can't stand here because you would be blocking an emergency route, sir!"
"No you can't walk on the grass, because it would damage it, ma'am"
And then having some 'wierd nutters (PLEASE do NOT take it personally, I understand where you are coming from, but the poor worker doesn't!) ask things about 'occult symbolism' and park design.
- Oh and I bet (I do NOT know) they don't get much more than minimum wage....
=> Hmm... I reckon my smile would also be nailed on, especially as my job hangs on that smile!
What about you? Fancy a new job???
I didn't really think so!

When I went to parks, I always made sure it was midweek outside school holidays, so that:
- I was sure I would not have to stand ANYWHERE for longer than 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour! (Average 15 min.!)
- The poor workers smile genuinely, because they aren't stressed out and they even have time to have a short chat with you.
- And to top it all: You can sometimes even have 'double rides'!
(You realize how unfit you are, if you want a second ride and have to run out of the building, around to the beginning of the 'queue-line', in the other side of the building to catch up with the end of the queue again!
)
Ah, BTW: the reason I wouldn't go to disneyland Paris, is because I don't think you would have a chance of a nice 'peaceful' sunny day!

BTW, personally I don't go for the shows, but the last couple of times, we went on the rides the first day and after a nights camping on the second we were so exhausted, the ladies got us into the 'boring shows'.
Oh... shows... I just remembered something: All parents will hate me for this, but for all of you that find shows boring:
Accept the following information as fact:
"Parents only explain the shows to their children, as and when they have understood them!"
Don't forget to tell that to your mates that are with you! We had so much fun! Everybody was wondering why we found the kid's jokes so funny! OMG, Goodtimes! (Don't look at me like that: it was meant to be entertaining: it was entertaing!!

K, I think I'ld better stop

Samuel
4.000 chars now

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Aldolas based on the numbers you have provided Paris rakes in at leat 3 million euros a day, with that they could provide more seats to sit on to picnic.
we sat on the grass anyway.. and no one was screaming..??
if you have not been to Paris disnelyworld what do you know..? your post makes little sense to me.

toodlepip

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Haven't been to any Disney productions for over 15 years, so obviously my impressions aren't current. When we went to CA Disneyland, we had a great time, with the exception of my niece and nephew talking me into going on "A smal world" with them. Came out the end of that VERY long ride with the nagging desire to pummel puppets with a baseball bat, and that SONG, that horrible, squeaky, repetitive song playing over and over. Oh, the horror of it all. Niece and nephew loved it. I will never, EVER return to that particular ride again in my lifetime

I didn't note any obviously e-vile nor nefarious activities there. I wouldn't go now, if fingerprint and/or optical scan were a requirement. Understand about security and all that, but it's not for me.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ladysharrowandherbarrow

I think that Disney didn't take into consideration how the "locals" in Europe like to picnic. It is not a common practice at American Amusement parks to picnic on the grass, we have designated pavillions to do that. That being said, Disney doesn't even do that as they would like you to purchase your food from them. More of misreading the local culture and not wanting people to bring their own food in. Can't make money off of people eating their own food.

Disney made many intial mistakes with Disneyland Paris.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladysharrowandherbarrow
Aldolas based on the numbers you have provided Paris rakes in at leat 3 million euros a day, with that they could provide more seats to sit on to picnic. [...]
I quoted "a break-even target of 27.000", that means, they 'rake in', as you put it: 0 Euro and 0 cent if 27.000 people visit their park every day!

A small question: did you send them an email or otherwise contact the backoffice in a 'feedback-fashion' telling them, that it would be of advantage for the customers if DParis invested in more seats?
If yes, what was their answer?
If no, why not?

[...]and no one was screaming..?? [...]
No one was screaming in the background? Boring rides!
All children wellbehaved? Definately mindmanipulation! (If I have kids, it sounds like an easy way to keep them quiet for the day!
(BTW: that was a joke for those who don't understand it! you can also call it 'sarcasm', can be used as a kind of humour)

[...]if you have not been to Paris disnelyworld what do you know..?
[...]
Hmmm.... I've been to several other parks and although I'm definately no expert, reading descriptions of other posters and speaking to friends, I definately recognize similarities to my own experiences! I am truly sorry, that I have wasted your time and making you read a 4.000 char post!
NOT! => I stated that I was not there in the first line, you could have just not read the rest of my0 post!

[...]your post makes little sense to me.[...]
hmm... apart from the last paragraph it was ontopic, a couple of spelling mistakes and after a brief introduction I was only answering to previous posts... Well if it doesn't make sense, I don't know how to reformulate it, so let's just move on!

@ all, enjoy a good evening, (or night/day depending where you live :lol

Samuel

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There are those jobs that people like and don't like, however, there are those that are programmed to like.

When you have kids coming in do you adjust to the adults identity or to the kids individuality?

Are you applying to the inner kids voice or to the adults mind?

The place I saw was where there was plenty of access to move around in I know about law ordinances of public safety and welfare. The lady that tried to ingniate the removal was not in the way of ANYTHING. Perhaps she just saw a target perfect for her interaction to make a fool of and harass, the truth no body listened, then more people would stay in this area. I am sure if she were in the right and had a respectful tone, along with personality everybody would have COMMITTED.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard[...]
When you have kids coming in do you adjust to the adults identity or to the kids individuality?
Are you applying to the inner kids voice or to the adults mind?[...]

Very good point...

Originally posted by menguard[...]I know about law ordinances of public safety and welfare. The lady that tried to ingniate the removal was not in the way of ANYTHING. Perhaps she just saw a target perfect for her interaction to make a fool of and harass, [...]

Ok, those are facts I did not know before posting.
One last important point that I would like to make:
- One bad copper, doesn't make them all bad.
- One weed smoking soldier, doesn't mean that all soldiers are drugaddicts
- One security staff member that had a bad day, doesn't mean they all have orders, or indeed the right, to bully visitors round....

Having said that, I wasn't there, but it sounds right out of order and worth a complaint! Did that sort of thing really happen often?
(Even once is one time to many!)

Samuel

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ha! Well, I hope you actually know what Disneyland really is.

It's just the biggest charade in the world, and devinetly one of the Illuminati's facsimiles on how they are controlling everything.

I am one of those people who actually got a behind the scenes look at Disneyworld, and there really is nothing to it.

Everything is set up as an illusion, and everything behind the illusion is just a confusing maze of gold-yellow buildings.

I don't mean to ruin everyone's "innocence", but it's just...nothing.

I can remeber I hated Disneyland because everything seemed so faux and controlled. I didn't like being there, it gave me a feeling that I wasn't welcomed.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
argentus

oh my that's the name of the ride "A small world" they look like the chucky doll.. that was the funniest thing ever that ride..

I think one visit is enough I have read some info about walt etc... but I think Mickey Mouse was no threat that day..;]

..my son is home ed ..and Mickey Mouse et al are long gone from his play.. he's into volcanoes now..

Aldolas ... y didn't i mail them about seats...hmm let me see..beacuse i couldn't be arsed ..much rather read a book...

sorry Aldous but it's giving me a headache reading your posts.

toodlepip

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

[...]..my son is home ed ..[...]

Your son's as lucky as I was! He might become a nutter like me, he'lll love you for it. (That was not in anyway sarcastic!!)

Aldolas ... y didn't i mail them about seats...hmm let me see..beacuse i couldn't be arsed ..much rather read a book...

If you don't tell them how to do it better, they won't, cause they can't!

Originally posted by ladysharrowandherbarrow[...]
sorry Aldous but it's giving me a headache reading your posts.

Sry 'bout that, I've heard that before: too much info, too much detail... Can't help it, I try to be precise...

Still thx for reading,
Samuel

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Aldolas , i think i would be very happy if my son grew up, and like you came to sites like this ;] and Aldolas I think it is good to speak ones mind as you have , if i agree or not.. so good for you and I am sure your parents love you and are proud of you ..

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yep its all fun and games until somebody gets hurt, like my old man use to say.

Just makes you look, at the psychology of the mind, more attunely.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Disneyworld like other parks and shopping centres will have a benign herd mentality because there is a "herd" of people.
much like watching a herd of cows following the next cow in front whilst protecting their leader whom in the main is at the centre of the "herd".

This also helps with marketing, ie shops will have scents and colours to guide the herd through aisles, much like what happens in theme parks.. ie look, ride, buy, with a lot of standing around waiting.

Crowd psychology is very interesting and most people in a theme park will adhere to this because of their children, and the safety of. A good example of this are the queues, the French queue jumped and do this [sorry it's true], whilst other nationalities dont, do you cause a scene about a queue jumper in front of children where it could get nasty?

Well before my son was born yes.. i would have a go..if someone was bullying or picking on someone i would say something and then many others in a group would then back me up.

but in the time since my son no, as i can see his fear of my confrontation and thus no i dont anymore unless i can leave my son in a safe place. So yes Disney would play on this as they know children are there.

Now the grass in the grande scheme of things I would not complain as we sat on the grass anyway, they want to sit people in the cafes wherein you only eat their food.I know this Disney know this and again it is to sell and maybe to protect the grass ;] from our bottoms.

What i do write and complain about for example is the invasion of our local council into my home and private life due to home ed.. they wrote to a steiner school in another Country! to confirm i had him enrolled for next year..that is invasion .In the UK the council have the right to listen to your phone calls , read your emails , look at your bank account and follow you. I have been warned by the head teacher of his old school that my son was displaying signs of abuse.. because he didn't want to sit on the carpet, or was crying under his desk.... ie not one of the herd. If you look at a home ed child steiner child and compare these to a child sent to state school from 2 yrs old.. they will differ in their confidence and the fact the dont take no for an answer..they talk more , are more confident etc

i also write to ask why the UK does not have the right to vote on the Lisbon treaty and ask why Ireland may have to vote again..

The best way to deal with it is , dont go back, and dont buy the products

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I concur with your statement about children who start out in a school other than the secondary education the government provides, I was actually one of them.

I started out in a Lutheran private school, and when I went to a secondary school in fourth grade, everything changed, and I realized that I was so much different than everybody else. It felt so different that I thought that I was some kind of retard because I was just that different.

I remember once that I even got so mad at my teacher that I even wrote down "I think I'll kill you Mrs.******" because I was so frustrated at the teacher because she thought that I had the knowledge that every other child did. She kept on asking "Oh, do you remeber this from third grade?" and I would always say, "No." and I would ask her to explain it, and then she wouldn't, because she just KNEW that I was schooled just like every other kid in my class.

The other thing that frustrated me was that whenever someone did explain something that I did not know, I would always understand it, because the schooling I had before prepared me better for understanding knowledge. I just didn't have the knowledge they did.

Now that I look back, the school that I went to had a much slower pace then the public school, and that seems to be becoming more apparent nowadays, schools are now busting down children with fast paced homework and grueling testing procedures.

Let's just hope it doesn't become like Japan, where school is six days a week and in school, they will learn more in their lifetime than they ever will, or ever will need.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

In the walt disney logo the cleverly ''hidden'' 666 is apparent to most people only subconsciously...

when its Disney by it self, the D can be a mirror and replace the 6 in the W...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
We literally just got back from a week at the disneyworld park in orlando. I wasnt really excited to be going, as I usually loathe corporate anything and crowds even more than that. but we were impressed with it from every angle and had a lovely but tiring time.

I was impressed with the entire thing, and yes they are sometimes bossy and have excellent means of crowd control and herding technology...but can you imagine if they didnt.

The food was also good.
the kids meals all came with grapes or jello or applesauce or carrot sticks, there were vegetarian and light options at every place to eat.

We were allowed to bring our camelback full of water or gatorade and snacks and whatever else to eat/drink we wanted. We even did fine as smokers and found the smoking areas quite easily.

We weren't patted down they took a cursory glance into our bags, no big deal...If you have no bag you go right though the entry gate.

I didnt like the fingerprinting one bit, but it was my child's vacation, what was I going to do.

We stayed at wilderness lodge, it was a beautiful place, lots of natural landscaping and un landscaped natural land left around the entire complex.

Local wildlife has found a refuge on the park property. Rabbits were everywhere, lizards and birds birds birds and more birds.

The ducks swam in the pool whenever they pleased and no one chased them out.
The pool itself was an interesting setup running form an indoor geyser through a large waterfall then into the pool then through what I assume was a hidden filter under a bridge, likely charcoal or carbon to remove the chlorine, then through a stream into a contructed plant/baby fish refugium....
and out into the pond where it is then retaken from the pond and sent through the entire cycle again being chlorinated somewhere between the pond the initial indoor geyser thing.

pretty green design if you ask me, and a good model.

Everyone was top notch and helpful and friendly despite their crappy jobs and the heat.
The lines were a bit long, but they have fastpasses, so you can get your ticket, wander a bit and see a show ( a nice cool quite moment in the busy day) or some of the other totally emersive scenery or do something like the swiss family robinson tree-house.

Even on the weekend in the middle of july we never waited more than 45 minute to ride anything.

In epcot we took a ten minute boat ride through a greenhouse experimenting with different methods of growing food and also the growing of alternative food crops, and then later took a ride in a clamshell to see nemo and dory swimming in the ginormous real aquarium...I cant figure out how that do that. lol.

Have you been to animal kindgom....It was simply amazing in its care of the animals as well as its attention to detail, totally and completely emersive especially in the asia part of the park.

My husband and I spent two days there while my parents took my son to the magic kingdom for a second day on one of those days.

Rafikis earth watch has many things for kids to do and learn hands on for conservation and learning respect for other living things.

I wont be going again for quite some time, but only because its too tiring to be a real vacation from anything. I still have cankles and blisters on my shoulders from the backpack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join