It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you may not exist in space & time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I remember in the Bible how when a certain man asked God to give him a sign he caused the shadow on the sun dial to go BACK by ten degrees. Now since we know that the highly evolved brains have said it is impossible to go back in time, this would seem to be a paradox.

But remember, we are trapped in this space time dimension and since I believe everything in the bible actually happened we know that God is not limited to our dimension, but can actually go back in time if he so chooses.

What if there is say 11 different scenarios playing out in space & time all in different dimensions. I mean could not an all powerful God actually have 11 different simulations of the earth going at the same time to see exactly how different scenarios will play out?

And or could He maybe go back in time to change a certain event that would cause you to just blip out of being, with no one the wiser since due to the changed timeline and different outcome of history no one would realize things had changed anyway.

It is interesting to think that it could explain some of the deja-vu we sometimes have. Could it not be due to residual effects from having the timeline changed.

Well that's my speculative theory for today, so hope to see you tomorrow in this same dimension.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Actually we do exist in space time. And quite possibly also in "infinite number of realities" which are slight deviations of our timeline.

And if you listen to the mathemiticians we live in an infinte number of infinite realities.

This video the 10th dimension is a great video on this sort of thing.

So imagine every single decision you've ever made whether it be to do or not to do something. And now imagine that there exists an infinite number of time line for each of those decisions. And not just you but also an infinite number of timelines for every one else on the planet and or universe.
And also there exists the timeline in which you don't exist or where you could be a female. Or the time line where we don't exist as a species. and infinite number of infinite possibilities exist.
Now it's impossible for us to see this sort of thing. But lets say that you're a 4th dimensional being. well you could see us from start to finish. or if you're a 5th dimensional being. you could see multiple start and finishes of use. and so on and so forth.

after a while your head wants to explode when thinking about this stuff. but if you need a visual reference, check out the fractal paintings or mandelbrot sets to get an idea of what form something like this could look like. if we were a higher dimensional creature that could see all of the infinite realities possible i bet you'd see something like this.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

oooh, I like that. Never thought of deja vu in that light. Although I think that one wouldn't blip out if you will. It's just a matter of changing which timeline you're focusing on. The "old you" would still be chugging along on the old timeline wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The what? how the What?
nothing like being a 3L and being presented with a Sesame Street explanation of this and being left more confused than a 7 day old baby.
I'm going to bed.

new topics

top topics

join