It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Kids on A&E

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's pretty good so far.

I always thought kids were more sensative to these things than adults are.

As we get older we become more self aware and blocked off to these things.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I agree with you. I think one of the main reasons children are more receptive to the idea of ghosts, telekinesis, being psychic, ect, is because they have not been "taught" that is is "made up" or just an "over active imagination." I blame Society for us "adults" having to "awakenings" or the realization of these things might possibly be based in fact. Of course this is only my opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
yeah i think we are taught about santa clause and the tooth fairy so at one point we get laughed at and ridiculed for believing in something magic or paranormal at a young and impressionable age.

From that point on we stay away from anything "magic" because our egos can't withstand another devastating blow.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheyracingchick
I agree with you. I think one of the main reasons children are more receptive to the idea of ghosts, telekinesis, being psychic, ect, is because they have not been "taught" that is is "made up" or just an "over active imagination." I blame Society for us "adults" having to "awakenings" or the realization of these things might possibly be based in fact. Of course this is only my opinion.

Good point,

I think it has to do with going from childhood to an adult.

A child has more synapses firing and they are more aware than adults. Adults are more self aware and they have developed the ability to rationalize things.

I remember debating atheist in a chat room and an atheist came into the room and he was shocked because he had seen a ghost. He couldn't believe what he saw.

By the end of the conversation the others had convinced him that he didn't see what he saw and he began to rationalize things. He said he was sleepy at the time and he probably was confused. He left the chatroom saying he felt better now he knows he didn't see a ghost.

This is because adults can build a worldview and a belief system. Children are more open to these things.

We already know children don't develop in these areas and they are more open to things.

Here's some research:
www.uchospitals.edu...

I think everytime a child see's something, it's not just make believe.

I think psychics are connected in this way. Maybe there synapses didn't fully degrade and this is why psychics and children are aware of these things.

Young children have about 10/16 synapses (10 quadrillion). This number declines with age, stabilizing by adulthood. Estimates for adults vary from 10/15 to 5 × 10/15 (1-5 quadrillion) synapses.

So maybe children and psychics are connected this way and this is why they are aware of these things. This could actually be tested.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I found some of this special to be kind of shady, actually. There was a family of six with a medium mother, and the psychic abilities began to "manifest" in the younger children, especially in the four year-old who would talk about seeing "souls." If you grow up in a house surrounded by people talking about psychic phenomena and souls and spirits and your older siblings continuously mention seeing their dead grandfather, then the superactive imagination of a child is going to pick up on that and run.

I was really surprised, because I watched this show preparing to have my mind blown. But most every child seemed to come from a family who already believed in and supported the idea of psychics and spirits. It was like hearing an 8 year-old talk about how he "found Christ." I'm sure there's something special they feel, but it all came from their families. Not inside.

If I can recall correctly, a few of the kids on the show seemed legit. But when this one girl was saying "sometimes in class the lights are so bright I have to turn them down!" regarding her auras, I couldn't see her as anything more than a conman. Does she KNOW she's conning us though? Debatable.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i don't doubt children can be more receptive to these things than adults, but the AP hit a good point. take the daughters of that wacko west baptist cult. they grew up in an environment that completely shaped their world view. they're clones of their parents. did they actually come into their belief system on their own, deciding that it was indeed the "truth"? absolutely not. i think some of those "psychic" kids could have been influenced in the same way by their "attuned" parents. they're just not going around damning everyone to an eternity in hell.

if my son came to me on his own and asked me about ghosts or some strange experiences then i would explore it with him. i think it's a bad idea to intentionally introduce it, because it's just going to influence his imagination.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Of course some kids are influenced by their parents and some of it is make believe. That's a no brainer.

It's cynical to make a blanket statement about these kids and psychic ability.

The one girl had an imaginary friend named Freddie. Her parents were not psychic or they didn't claim to be psychic. They were hoping that their child wasn't crazy.

She told them the boys name was Freddie Stuart and that his mothers name was Catherine.

She said his mother killed him in 1886 and she mentioned a lady named Sarah.

When the psychologist checked the records of the town there was a Freddie Stuart whose mother's name was Catherine and he had a caretaker named Sarah. It didn't say how the boy died.

The girl with Auras actually matched the drawing of auras with an older female who see's the same thing. She also talked about seeing purple around people when they are sick. She talked about a man who died a week after she saw his aura and she knew he was very sick.

My point is these things need to be investigated further and there are more children who make these claims.

I think many adults are jaded and cynical when it comes to these things because they have already built a worldview or a belief system and these things can directly challenge those pre-existing belief systems.

Einstein said:

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

We only know what 4% of the universe is made of and I think many adults think these things are irrational because they have been conditioned to think they know what is rational.

Just look at quantum physics. They still don't understand it because it's irrational when you compare it to classical physics. Like the same particle can be in two places at the same time. These particles can tunnel through an energy barrier. You have things like non locality which Einstein called spooky action at a distance.

My point is we don't understand the world or the universe we live in. Adults have been conditioned to pretend they have all the answers.

These psychics and these kids can be an important key to help us understand more of the universe that we don't understand.

Sadly it seems it's the adults who are living in a world of make believe. They believe they can conclude what's "rational" in a universe we need to learn more about.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

you must under stand that chilren are more sensetive to the spiritual world than the adults in fact Jesus said "unless you become like one of these little children you can not enter the kingdom of heaven" we should be sensitive to the demonic powers working in this world when a child sees a spirit they are demons when you die you go to heaven or hell demons are the only spirits in this world they could also be fallen angels

they cannot be gardian angels if the child is afraid of them because an angel always says fear not

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Text Red
i know ur scared trust me i was to i heard somthing once on my wall kinda like scraching & thumping on my wall.& when my cat died i sall a ghost & me & my cat where realy close& when i sall him he ran in my closet & i whent in there it smelled like cat pee for 2 min. he almost whent to the closet & peed! well i g2g hav a good time.
bye

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

top topics

join