It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox anchor claims Iranian missile could possibly 'hit some military installations' in the U.S. (VI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Fox anchor claims Iranian missile could possibly 'hit some military installations' in the U.S. VIDEO

thinkprogress.org

In an interview with former UN ambassador John Bolton today, Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett asserted that Iran’s Shahab missile “could actually hit — I think — some military installations in the United States.” “Absolutely,” replied Bolton, clarifying that it was “U.S. forces stationed in the region” that could be threatened by such a missile.

The current range of Iran’s Shahab missiles is said to be 1,200 miles, but the United States and Iran are much more than 1,200 miles apart....
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

...The approximate distance between Tehran and Washington, D.C. is actually 6,340 miles.

And sadly the fAUX NEWS groupies will take this bait-line-sinker.

This is just like the run up to iraq, the mushroom clouds and all.

The fear mongering must stop, and it is the citizens of the USA picking their balls up off the floor that is the only solution. Bush and Friends are set to fear us into war AGAIN.

PLEASE DO NOT LET THEM DO THIS AGAIN!

Please notice how they tell a lie without technically lying. Bolton answers "absolutely" to the statement that the US could be hit by Iranian missiles, only then, does he continue on to clarify his comments. Just like tying Sadam to Osama these bastards twist words to suit their intentions, and sadly the US citizens of today are so painfully undereducated and uninformed that they will take this poison bait. Gods help us.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here is the scenario as I see it. The lax attitude about the southern border is going to allow several of the missing tactical nukes from the former Soviet Union to walk across our border with Mexico. They will be detonated together or separately in one of the border cities. This will be blamed on Iran and the dogs of war are loosed and running.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Let's just use L.A. as a city in the US they might want to hit....

The distance would be :
7,582 miles

They must have made a pretty fantastic missile in the last...
...uh, 24 hours, or they aren't gonna even get close.

I bet they just had them hidden with Iraq's WMD's!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Iranian new developed missiles can just about hit central Europe, but that's about it. See the picture

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are we sure this time what we calling Missile could be camels
.Bcz last timE when we want to war we called IRAQ had WMD but we only find camel puu
More over if they have it we have H.A.R.R.P dnt worrry we safe

[edit on 18-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There is no way Iran is going to shoot missiles at US, even if attacked by US. It will achieve nothing and bring even greater force in. US military bases in the middle east and Asia - maybe. But US soil - even if it was in range, it is not going to happen.
Journalists and politicians - do not want to generalize, but usualy they tend to be less leaning on the facts and more on the talks.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Here we go with the propaganda "Fear" Putting it into Americas minds so when the Neo-cons actually do attack the US and stage it as an Iranian Missle. They have an excuse to go to war.

** The above post is based on speculation, intended to stimulate the mind to think way outside the box.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

??? Pretty non-nonsensical eh?

When will we stop with this "permanent campaign" way of running our country?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This smells of war mongering!
Not based on any credible facts. I bet you they are fishing to see just how ignorant of the facts people really are.

I'll keep an eye on this one.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Here is the scenario as I see it. The lax attitude about the southern border is going to allow several of the missing tactical nukes from the former Soviet Union to walk across our border with Mexico. They will be detonated together or separately in one of the border cities. This will be blamed on Iran and the dogs of war are loosed and running.

This has already occurred. Alqueda with the assistance of the mexican street gang MS-13 has moved 4 suitcase nukes into the US. This was back in 2003-4.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Hence the desire to build a giant fence and double the border patrol.

Its a done deal, however a nuke is useless once its used, so extortion is the name of the game there, unless of course your a foaming at the mouth rabid geehadist then we don't have a damn psychology book that covers those.....

So are the soviets the real terrorists supplying a bunch of idiots?

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Definite war-mongering.

The MoD pulled the same stuff on us Brits when they convinced us it was a good idea to go to Iraq, saying that Saddam had "WMDs that can strike Britain within 40 minutes".

I love how infinite's picture leaves the U.K only a small distance outside of the circle, obviously we're going to have a bit of a set-to again when the time comes.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Maybe he meant they could MAIL the missile to Washington DC, because that is about the only way it could get there.

The dogs of war are salivating.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think there is a transit code for that down at the bottom of the fed-ex page. You know for when it really has to get there overnight.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Even if they have the missile that could travel that distance,i'm sure if not going any place by a intended target.They don't have the technology to hit a hundred miles within their target.I hope they are going to stop with this stupid sanctions junk and stop waiting til they do have the sophistication to do damage.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I can imagine the "reporters" discretley singing Bomb bomb Iran in the near future on tv.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The one time I'll give Bolton credit. It would be US military installations in the Middle East that would be hit, not the continental US.
Jeez, fear mongering again...hit the US...

You know, at the time Washington was all abuzz about Iraqi missiles hitting the US (when they couldn't!), I was sitting on the west coast hearing Korea talk about hitting US soil, which technically was possible considering Alaska. Oy vay!

You know, OTOH, the Panama invasion was started with the killing of a US soldier in civies and unarmed. So a hit over there on a US military installation, no matter how small, could start a war.

new topics

top topics

join