It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Medicated Army

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

No sir, stories like these have make the headlines about 5 times a year. I have yet to hear a story about this that was not about a soldier returning home from Iraq. And that is just in Colorado.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
I don't think it's that, but they do seem to think all cures come from a bottle. I'm tired of Tricare always giving me Motrin for everything.

Hey at least is free, I have problems getting any of my medications from them at the local base because they never have what I need.

Beware of the generic crap it can kill you.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hey at least is free, I have problems getting any of my medications from them at the local base because they never have what I need.

They save money by not having the free "cold packs". Remember when you could get the cough syrup, etc for free? Now you have to go on sick call to get it. I've had enough colds; I don't need a doc with a million years of education wasting both our times by saying, "You have the cold. You'll be over it in a week."

What was that crap they were pawning off the guys in Desert Shield/Storm that turned out to be bad? I know mine wound up in the portajohn. I wasn't signing anything before I took meds.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
No sir, stories like these have make the headlines about 5 times a year. I have yet to hear a story about this that was not about a soldier returning home from Iraq. And that is just in Colorado.

Unfortunately, I think the press looks for that angle. "Find out if they guy came back from Iraq!!" They got years worth of mileage out of "Crazed Vietnam Vet"; now they have something else to piggy back on.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

And the whole deal sounds like the Atomic testing in the 1950's on US troops. The military makes a fine bunch of test subjects.

Yes, they still do TESTING. Maybe not (this exact one) but I assure they do still test.

That is TRUTH like it, love it, or hate it, it is what it IS.

I am sure you might even have some buddies in there that will tell you things that you might not want to hear, hell your best friend could be part of it.

Here it is one more time, I know your loving this. You gotta love PEACE TIME HUGH!

Remember to make sure to follow orders directly and take only what is given to you, sir, no questions asked, or you will be court marsheled sir, pretty manipulative if you ask me. You will take Anthrax and you will be tested on, and we will drug you and see how well that goes.

God forbid anybody actually try to come forward with news that people are so put off by.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Remember to make sure to follow orders directly and take only what is given to you, sir, no questions asked, or you will be court marsheled sir, pretty manipulative if you ask me. You will take Anthrax and you will be tested on, and we will drug you and see how well that goes.

God forbid anybody actually try to come forward with news that people are so put off by.

Hang on. Let me put my wristwatch up some place high. The BS is starting to pile up.

No one in their right mind would knowingly take Anthrax, even under threat of court martial (this is the correct spelling), especially now days when a troop could run to the press and tell them the whole story.

Now, you need to quit drinking the bong water; you're not making too much sense.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Or perhaps I am touching a very touchy issue within yourself that needs to be addressed as well.

jerico65 move along nothing to see here SIR, you are primed canidate for some good PROGRAMMING.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yes my husband has an entry in his medical record that shows him as been one of the guinea pigs for desert storm illegal medication testing.

Occurs that is not what the entry say

My husband said that after he started to take them and go sick he just disposed them.

He wishes he kept them.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yep, in hindsight, I think we all should have kept them with the paperwork. That was an epic screw over by the military.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Or perhaps I am touching a very touchy issue within yourself that needs to be addressed as well.

jerico65 move along nothing to see here SIR, you are primed canidate for some good PROGRAMMING.

Rriiigggghhhhtt. Psycho-analysis from someone in Mom's basement.

You know, you really need to ADD something to the current thread, instead of just blathering on. Some would say that you're starting to show your ass.

Back to the thread!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Rriiigggghhhhtt. Psycho-analysis from someone in Mom's basement.

You know, you really need to ADD something to the current thread, instead of just blathering on. Some would say that you're starting to show your ass.

Back to the thread!

As long as your not a -fudgepacker- will be alright just kidding, enjoy the ride lol, (yeah right.)

You sir are not ready for TRUTH.

Was that really necessary or a just cause.

Here ya go ADDRESS THIS THREAD.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-6-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

As long as your not a -fudgepacker- will be alright just kidding, enjoy the ride lol, (yeah right.)

You sir are not ready for TRUTH.

Was that really necessary or a just cause.

OK, I think that pretty much settles this.

Oh, moderator? Menguard requires a table for one. Somewhere down in front, I believe.

Put on the big boy underwear and maybe when you're ready to chat like an adult, you might be addressed a bit differently. Until then, get back to your homework. Mom will get mad.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If momma only knew about you she would be worried, god forbid another one not seeing the LIGHT.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Fudgepacker, huh? I'll remember that when I'm climbing off your mom tonight.

Just kidding.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well, this thread deteriorated pretty quickly. It was an interesting topic.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Terran marine says "ahhhh, that's the stuff!"

In all seriousness though, sleeping pills and antidepressants--not exactly the cocktail you'd want to feed someone equipped with high power weaponry. The sleeping pills, as mentioned before, seem to make sense...i.e. getting your body back on a regular sleep schedule.
I guess my real question is, how battle ready can you be once you're actually in the grip of antidepressants? the vast majority of that crap is habit forming, lots of it derived from highly addictive opiates. Automatic weapon+drug cocktail=one scary mofo imho.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Of course the military take drugs, in the ww2 the nazis took amphetamines in a regular basis, the allied soldiers probably took them too, among many other drugs.

what do you thing war is???

its the worst nightmare you ucould imagine X 10000000 millions.

its the worst thing a normal person can experience, no one can forget about the feelings and experiences lived during wartime. a huge percentage of the soldiers get mental diseases after going to war.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I can't even imagine what war does to a soldier's mind, but I know civilians, family, that have been on antidepressants and I am convinced the meds have permanently damaged their internal clocks. My sis, has taken various anxiety and bi-polar type drugs over the last 15 years and now can not ever sleep. It is completely debilitating and so she has to medicate to sleep. These type of meds are far worse on the body than we know. I have compared others stories and most others are also suffering terrible sleep side effects as well as skin crawling sensations. Not ever being able to sleep is like torture. The drug companies must know this side effect. I have no faith in the big drug company meds...their poisoning to the body, slowing, but surely.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
We're only scratching the surface in this post so far

From The Washington Times

The government is testing drugs with severe side effects like psychosis and suicidal behavior on hundreds of military veterans, using small cash payments to attract patients into medical experiments that often target distressed soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan, a Washington Times/ABC News investigation has found.

In one such experiment involving the controversial anti-smoking drug Chantix, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) took three months to alert its patients about severe mental side effects. The warning did not arrive until after one of the veterans taking the drug had suffered a psychotic episode that ended in a near lethal confrontation with police.

Visit link for the full article

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ex military here, and i can tell you from personal experience that antiepressant medication is the military's answer to everything.
they dont want to hear your problems and they dont want to deal with your complaints, all they want to do is put you on a variety of medication watch you for a few days then send you back to work.

im tired of people coming back from iraq with PTSD and not getting the help they need. whats worse is when you come back from iraq allmost all your time is spent in recovery getting supplies restocked maintenance on vehicles, additional training and son and so forth. before you know it its time to go back and you never really had anytime to recover your self.

so when you start acting a little weird or stop showing up to formation in the mornings the only thing that concerns anyone is covering their own ass.
you dont hear about this stuff happeing in WWII korea and such.
after combat soldiers would not come directly home. they would be housed at bases where for somtihng like three months they would just wind down. talk to doctors and therapists. eventually when theydid go home, sure they had bad memories and problems but they were not killing their families.

antidepressants and combat dont mix! i at want point was put on prozac which i stopped taking because it made me feel like ants were allways crawling on me. i was also taking seroquile which i pretty much had no choice but to stop taking because i absolutly couldnt function. averaging 4 hours of sleep per night while being on that medication was horrible.
hat was very dangerous, made me feel like i was in some kind of dream and i felt very very disconnected from reality.

i just hope the military makes basic training a hell of alot tougher on soldiers and when they go to their duty stations loosen up a little.
listen to a soldiers problems. not every soldier is trying to get out of going to or going back to iraq just because they have issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join