It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any POSITIVE predictions of the future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
2012, Armageddon, End of the World, etc. Occurring to this message board, we would all cease to exist pretty soon.

So, now I ask you. Does anyone of you here have any POSITIVE predictions of the future? Anyone?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I predict an era where there will be no war, disease famine or even death.
Everyone will live with one accord as the knowledge of the Lord fills the earth. This is the promise for those who put their trust in Jesus Christ. It will happen after the horrors of Armageddon.

So yes a Utopia is coming, but not a man-made one. It will be enforced by the creator of the universe.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry buddy, but it looks like you're out of luck when it comes to that field. However, I will attempt to give it my best shot.

2012 is the same thing as Y2K (the year 2000), just with a different sugar-coating. All of the speculation on the Mayan calendar will be meaningless when 2013 rolls around. There's a lot of fear-mongering, even on these forums, about 2012 and it all seems unjustified and void of any factual evidence. However, for some reason, I like looking at all of the theories but so far, there isn't much out there that's credible. I'll bet the same thing that happened on Y2K will happen again: we'll all breath a sigh of relieve and give a toast, until more fear-mongering creates predictions of 2020 End of the World scenarios.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

yep, the world will be free from the stranglehold of the Big Oil Industry within a decade.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Your kidding, Right?

Every other thread is about the ascension and how were moving up a notch in the great big dimensional thingermaboppy.

The damned optimists on this site are killing my depression and morbid outlook on the future. Who needs Prozac when you have ATS?

I like it here. I'm happy. I don't want to ascend.

Damned optimists.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonzaii

Well I agree with you on the 2012 thing. It's a big nothing date as far as I can tell. Maybe destruction will be a self fulfilling prophecy, but it won't be armageddon. That has to occur after 3 1/2 years of a seven year peace treaty between Israel and her enemies. Hasn't happened yet, and it might still be a ways off.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Where do you base that off of? What prediction says that? The bible? Judaism?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Just like news reporting, prediction is reporting the future news, and so usually the negative one is more worth to mention.

River

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Tomorrow the sun will still rise.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Tomorrow the sun will still rise.

Peace

Damned optimists.....

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The quick and easy asnwer for why there are none is because we don't like 'em and don't believe 'em. They don't sell basically. Hope's been punched in the face and fmost people don't believe Peace was ever really in the picture.
Doom and gloom, and possibly really tight leather apparel and guns is all we really want to hear about.
Wether it's the second coming, self destruction, a snowball from the heaven, or what have you, it's what sells, and what people want to hear.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'd be happy to reply in the positive to you SFM! I am absolutely positive that the S will HTF in the next 2 to 8 years! After that, well, it looks kind of cheery! Not really. I suspect that if history is any guide, we will continue to screw one another with abandon until the wheels fall off of the wagon. Civilization seems to be a cyclical thing. We just happen to live at an unfortunate part of the cycle.... or not....who knows?

Every generation thinks it's special. Everyone wants to be chosen. We all end up muddling through the best we can (or not!). Be good to yourself and the ones around you. Forget the prophecies and gloom and doom.

Cheers, Gram.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I posted my predictions (written in 1995) last month to ATS at www.abovetopsecret.com...

These are not premonitions, visions, prophesy. These are predictions. I define predictions as logic-based ... like weather forecasts (which are more often wrong than right.
)

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

With the advent of hydrotechnology, I predict the dirty petroleum industry is going to bite the dust in a couple years.

That positive enough for you?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
2012, Armageddon, End of the World, etc. Occurring to this message board, we would all cease to exist pretty soon.

So, now I ask you. Does anyone of you here have any POSITIVE predictions of the future? Anyone?

Sure, All the predictions on this board will be proven false by time.

According to the track record of the Predictions and Prophecies board everything is going to be just fine.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Absolutely,

Jesus will clothe Himself in Human flesh again and walk the earth teaching His disciples in a multitude of people called the Man-child ministry starting in Sept-Oct 2008. Great signs and wonders, healing, deliverance, protection. All of the things Jesus did and was. These people will be nobodies, complete unknowns, but will be willing vessels for Jesus to use to accomplish this one last-days ministry. This will be the greatest move of the Holy Spirit in 2,000 years.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Your kidding, Right?
The damned optimists on this site are killing my depression and morbid outlook on the future. Who needs Prozac when you have ATS?

I like it here. I'm happy. I don't want to ascend.

Damned optimists.

Ha ha priceless!

No, I am being quite serious here. Yes, I am a damn optimist I guess

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I predict that the people of the world will start becoming sick and tired of the constant worrying about everything, will stop wanting to fight over every little thing and will start loving all the people of the world, regardless of race, political affiliations or religion.

I predict that the coming years will see a total polarisation of those who seek only dark things and those that seek the light and the example set by those of the light will finally convince humanity to bring about everlasting peace. There will still be a small percentage of people who prefer the dark side but we'll put them all in freak shows and laugh at them!

Okay, so I'm an eternal optimist!!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Iran this Sunday during the Blackberry outage. The three nuke sites and the university in Tehran.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
I predict that the people of the world will start becoming sick and tired of the constant worrying about everything, will stop wanting to fight over every little thing and will start loving all the people of the world, regardless of race, political affiliations or religion.

I predict that the coming years will see a total polarisation of those who seek only dark things and those that seek the light and the example set by those of the light will finally convince humanity to bring about everlasting peace. There will still be a small percentage of people who prefer the dark side but we'll put them all in freak shows and laugh at them!

Okay, so I'm an eternal optimist!!

That is a wonderful and optimistic thought. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join