It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Campaign Website Highlights His Judgment On Iraq… Only Since August 2003»

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

McCain Campaign Website Highlights His Judgment On Iraq… Only Since August 2003»

thinkprogress.org

McCain’s campaign website has a fancy timeline– if only his campaign strategy were as well designed! — showing how and when John McCain was right about Iraq. Interestingly, the timeline begins in August 2003.

So while McCain is certainly not modest about trying to claim credit for the 2007 troop surge — which his site graciously refers to as “The McCain Surge” — he is somewhat more modest about providing examples of his leadership, wisdom, and judgment about Iraq from before August 2003.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is really smooth of McCain, I bet most of the people supporting him will gladly forget some of the comments he made prior to 203. For those of you who will not be visiting the link let me share with you some of my favorites:

“Because I know that as successful as I believe we will be, and I believe that the success will be fairly easy, we will still lose some American young men or women.” [CNN, 9/24/02]

“But the point is that, one, we will win this conflict. We will win it easily.” [MSNBC, 1/22/03]

“There’s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shiahs. So I think they can probably get along.” [MSNBC, 4/23/03]

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I really don't understand how anyone can support this idiot or how anyone can support the war. The lack of knowledge on the American peoples' part is baffling, to say the least.

Although somewhat unimportant, does anyone else notice that he blinks about 3-5 times every second?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
what i love most about this is that McCain thinks the war will be his strong point. sadly the man is misguided and a little befuddled.

i think it is going to be hard for him to overcome his many short comings on this war and his many statements and opinions regarding it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonzaii
The lack of knowledge on the American peoples' part is baffling, to say the least.

A lot can be said about the American people, but you got to admit they love a winner. Historically, they have always voted for the winner - well, most of them.

Anyways... This only really matters to people that are wholly undecided. This won't turn McCain voters from McCain; they'll just write it off as a positive that "He can change his mind" about an issue.

I actually don't even see this being brought up by the Obama camp. That just opens him up to attacks on the issues he has "changed his mind" on that would shed doubt for undecided voters on his character.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by apolluwn

Originally posted by Bonzaii
The lack of knowledge on the American peoples' part is baffling, to say the least.

This won't turn McCain voters from McCain; they'll just write it off as a positive that "He can change his mind" about an issue.

Change his mind about an issue? Seriously? It seems a far stretch to me. It is hard to see this as him just changing his mind rather than being a poor military analyst / planner. In fact that is why I think he left out all these pre August 2003 comments, as they show just how little his military experience is going to help him be a "commander and chief".

top topics

join