It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty sick pic of UFO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What this thread tells me is that if someone wants to believe in UFOs bad enough, they will block out all reasonable explanations and grasp onto those that are most unlikely. Think with your brain folks. Not your hearts.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I don't know whether it's real or not, but I think it's funny how many people say it's obvious sun light coming through clouds when there's no clouds around the light.

If it's so easy to manipulate digital images, how come a lot of experts in the field say that the digital process actually makes it harder? That's what I've always heard from stuff I've read on the internet and shows I've seen on the History Channel and the Discovery Channel on paranormal subjects.

Someone should ask the one photo expert on here about that. His name escapes me right now though. He proved a lot of the Meier photos to be fake I believe.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I would like to point out that sun flaring spans out, like the spokes on a bicycle wheel.

In this picture the flaring seems to be going inwards...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Its god sending a message to let us all know about 2012.I see stairs that lead in the hole.

Yeah, that's a really helpful insightful response, you're such an asset to the UFO forum, I mean that absolutely sincerely.

Nobody has mentioned the SECOND ufo on the RAW file provided by xsupernaturalx. I'm no photo expert by any means, but there is a definite 2nd ufo on the right hand side of the pic-

Resident photoanalysts, feel free to cry 'photoshop' or whatever, but I think it's something that certainly deserves further consideration. Thank you, xsupernaturalx, for signing up at ATS and coming forward providing the raw jpg photo, which is something that is not always possible on these photo threads.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by RiotComing]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Its a friggin' UFO; get over it. It couldn't have been the sun; its too bright compared to the natural light in the rest of the photograph, and the direction is in the opposite direction.

To the debunkers, you're better off saying its swamp gas caught in a temperature inversion that caught the gleam of a satellite reflecting the planet venus. where should the debunkers go? Up 7th planet!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
riotcoming i was in fact creating a blowup of that same thing. it looks just like a miniature version of the first object. so according to the possibilities suggested by the other members about the first object, the second one could be another smaller UFO, another smaller patch of sunlight passing thru the clouds, or another smaller blotched attempt at photoshopping! lol!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I find these pictures intresting, they deserve alot more thought than just photo shop

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by darklord

Your hunches were my thoughts exactly! I'm prepared to give this one the benefit of the doubt though. I have personal experience reasons - in 2003, I took my one and only photograph of what I think is a UFO.... with a RAINBOW!
Here's a pic I have put together in Paint, scribbling my face out for anonynimity and blowing up the object appearing on the right-

I don't have Photoshop, I just threw that edited pic together with good ole Paint. I took the pic holding the camera in front of me to capture myself in front of the rainbow and so didn't see the object at the time. Other pics from the same time have objects of the same shape in different positions. My only explanation is that it's possibly a falling raindrop lit up by the sun. Because of my own personal strange experiences with rainbow pics and ufos, the picture posted by the OP is very interesting to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It seems to me that since conditions were right for a rainbow to occur, there could easily be other atmospheric optical phenomena caused by the sun and moisture in the atmoshpere.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Very interesting pic indeed, no matter what it turns out to be. Perhaps everyone is getting hung up on the UFO moniker. Maybe we should call it a UAP, Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon. "UFO" seems to be a real sticking point and conjures up images of little green men. I wish we didn't even use the term, frankly.

Regardless of what it is, thank you to xsupernaturalx for joining and providing the raw image.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hey Sure!

I do enjoy reading the posts on this and other "Supernatural" type sites, hence my name.

I took the picture and honestly don't know what it is either. I am glad everyone got to see the raw image. I hope it at least provided you guys the proof that I at did no image editing on it. Believe me, I have no graphic skills anyway. I was as surprised as some of you when I first took a look at it.

I am going to delete my comment that has the link to the RAW image over at the all supernatural website so I don't wear out my welcome there. They were cool enough to host the image for me.

Thanks again..

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
great find,don't even listen to these freak skeptics. They wouldn't believe ufos exist if one landed on their toe,the alien got out and nipped into sainsburys to do the lotto,then reversed into a truck full of inflatable monkeys before vanishing right infront of their eyes. Some people will NEVER be convinced.

There's not even any cloud where that light is!!
There is blatently 3 lights round the "edge" of it. It looks nothing at all like light coming through a cloud. But then,people will always look for the nice comfortable answer,that doesn't make them question themselves. And they think the ufo crowd have issues

Hang on, not all of the skeptics about this photo are dead-set debunkers. I'd love to see a UFO in this pic too, but I'm undecided. There's no clear definition of an object in the light no matter which way you look at it, but at the same time I REALLY doubt this is a sundog. Those three bright orbs can't just be explained away or ignored. In fact if it weren't for those three orbs I would lean toward it being some kind of natural phenomenon, but I have to either say it's something really unexplainable or was photoshopped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join