It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty sick pic of UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thebrainman

Yes I have seen sundogs, and still I do not see a similarity. Take a look at the zoomed in version of the image. How would you explain the 3 unique points that seem to be the origin for a majority of the light.

I don't see any spaceship unfortunately. I also don't see anything flying either. All i see is light breaking through a gap in the cloud.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Do you have the raw footage from right off the cam?
Please upload that somewhere so it can be downloaded in full size.

[edit on 17/6/08 by flice]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I could replicate that with photoshop easily. Using the Dodge tool and smear tool.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Optix]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
great find,don't even listen to these freak skeptics. They wouldn't believe ufos exist if one landed on their toe,the alien got out and nipped into sainsburys to do the lotto,then reversed into a truck full of inflatable monkeys before vanishing right infront of their eyes. Some people will NEVER be convinced.

There's not even any cloud where that light is!!
There is blatently 3 lights round the "edge" of it. It looks nothing at all like light coming through a cloud. But then,people will always look for the nice comfortable answer,that doesn't make them question themselves. And they think the ufo crowd have issues

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Optix

anyone can replicate anything with a computer. So what's your point? No video or camera footage is now acceptable? That's convinient for you,isn't it

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I unfortunately do not have the raw photo, but the guy that posted this photo at the allsupernatural.net website probably would as he was the one who posted it.. I just happened to find it and show you guys.

You can private message him over there if you want and see if he will send you guys the raw image.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
I could replicate that with photoshop easily. Using the Dodge tool and smear tool.

If you could replicate that, and show the results here, it would be most appreciated.

Although I imagine you won't.

Debunkers not doing very well on this one.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's a UFO.
In the picture where the light begins it looks like a ship or some kind of thing that can fly. The light coming out of it is the fuel that makes it fly.
Well that's what I think. I believe there are UFO's. Kind of closed minded to think that we are the only living beings in the universe, because the universe goes on forever...
...but I read somewhere it's shrinking.

But anyways. I think it's a UFO. But who knows.

Best Regards,
~Lillith~

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

then why do you even come to a sight like this if everything can be forged or photoshopped. nothing on ATS will be able to convince you of anything, so i have to conclude you are ONLY coming here to debunk each and every post pertaining to UFO's

[edit on 17-6-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nice picture, cool find.

cheers for sharing with us. As for light streaming through the clouds ? forget it ! the suns totally in the wrong area for this effect...and the light would not be that powerful either...

I just think its a totally unknown...so yes it could be a UFO for sure.

Thanks again for sharing.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Whoa you all! I believe in UFOs and Aliens. I have seen a UFO twice in my life. lets get that clear. But that looks like something that can be done in photoshop, i am a pro artist and i have made such UFOs in my art. NOW i am not saying that is real or not, maybe but i like a better picture or video. Just dont jump to conclusions, i am no skeptic.

I also come here for research. I just dont believe every piece of evidence because there is so many people looking for attention and scam artist.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Sun-dogs and other features can and do appear opposite the sun. Because these things are fairly common up here I tend to ignore them, but know what they are.

The best example I've ever seen was once here when we had perfect conditions. There was a full set of sun-dogs on both sides of the sky. In other words five suns. I've also seen bright clear suns rays emanating from the wrong side of the sky. Rare, but it happens.

I see nothing unnatural in that photo.

Who is a greater danger to the study of UFOs; someone who wants to believe so badly they blindly call everything they see a UFO or a serious person who can tell the difference?

People really should study aerial and weather phenomena if they have an interest in this. They should also learn to say thank you when something is explained, instead of insulting people who are trying to share their knowledge and experiences. Everything in the sky is not a UFO.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by drummerboyG

If you could replicate that, and show the results here, it would be most appreciated.

Although I imagine you won't.

Debunkers not doing very well on this one.

Ok, since you called me out.
For the record i am not a debunker, i use common logic. If you are going to view digital media for proof then you better damn know about how digital media is made. FOR the record i have seen 2 UFOs in my life time, one just last year. I am believer and always been a believer before i had my UFO experience...I just don't jump at anything and say, yes, that is a UFO at every digital file i see...

It pisses me off that these Hoaxers are out there giving people who believe a bad rap. SO i am sorry for my vague response, i don't always have time to post....with that, I did this pic in 5 minutes and could of done a lot better with a days, wait no i could not because there is not enough detail there to show squat...

I am also a contributor art wise to tinwiki here for this site.

Jumping down peoples' throats is not a way to help out...
Here

I grabbed a random photo and 5 minutes later viola...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by weenaman
since when did the sun shining through a cloud become a UFO?

Well if its the sun shining through the clouds, should't the shadows from the trees and the house be working their way towards the camera?
No shadows there, suggesting the sun is behind the camera as the shadows point away.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Nice find too, thanks for sharing this

[edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Optix

After downloading and taking a closer look. You are right. Those are brush strokes with the Dodge and Burn Tool. Obvious ones at that. I'm a bit slow out the gate today.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Almost got fooled. I was going to go for a sun dog, but looking closer it indeed looks suspiciously shopped. The light is too clean and perfect with borders that are far more defined than anything else in that picture.

And yes, it looks a lot like brushstrokes.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Skeptically, I would say it looks like somoene caught the sun breaking through the clouds just at the right moment.

But something still looks odd about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ok, I was PM'd over at allsupernatural.net by brainman. He told me that he posted my story on this board and there has been some controversy over it. So, after getting a few messages from brainman I figured that I should come over here and try to clear some of this up for all of you.

I am the one that took this photograph, and I assure you it was not "PhotoShopped" as I noticed some of you saying. I was innocently taking pictures of a rainbow behind my home and discovered this in the picture days after.

Also, if anyone would like the raw image straight off of the camera, the administrators of the all supernatural web site were nice enough to grant my request and put it on somewhere to be downloaded. Go back to my story and look at my comment below. There you will find a link to get the picture.

Here is the link:
www.allsupernatural.net...

Be sure to READ the story so you are aware of the entire scenario.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hello, thanks for coming on and posting. I believe you that you took the picture. It is a weird pic, its just not that detailed to say what it is. I am the one who was saying it "could" be photoshopped, as i have demonstrated with my own. I believe in UFOs and hope you would try to find some more pics. I just wish people would take stuff with regular film now days, so we can have negatives. Digital is so easy to manipulate.
I hope you can get some more shots in the future.

Also pics that are so vague should be posted but not taken seriously as any proof, i want my on the White House Lawn shaking hands with the President pic, so we can put it on front page news, so the skeptics can shut up.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join