It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Extremes Mark Spring 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Weather Extremes Mark Spring 2008

www.thedailygreen.com

Spring of 2008 was marked by weather extremes around the world.

The world endured the seventh warmest spring season on record, nearly one degree warmer than the 20th century average, according to the National Climatic Data Center's monthly synopsis of world climate.

In the United States, cooler-than-usual temperatures prevailed. It was the 36th coolest March-to-May Spring season in 113 years of records.

The cool weather was accompanied, however, by severe storms, tornadoes and flooding...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Make of it what you will but it seems that the Earth's temperature is still shifting out a sync with the human world.

I find it interesting that here in the USA we had lower than normal temperatures yet the global average was up. I also find it interesting to note the attendant natural disasters with the unusual climate everywhere in the world.

Bottom line is this, the world is changing, its seems faster than most thought it would. It is long past time humans began altering their 'way of life' in a manner that helps us shift with the planetary shift.

www.thedailygreen.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that it will take 50 yrs of data to nail down climate change. It is going about now under our feet.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nailed down or not it is a very intriguing phenomenon. I am a Terra-ist, by that I mean one that loves the planet Earth. Because of this I am very interested in the changing patterns we are confronted by today. What is more, I am very interested in ensuring that human systems do as little to interfere with the appropriate function of planetary systems.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The Earth changes, and is changing, and there is nothing humans can do about it. It is too powerful for us and is impossible to fully control.

Pay attention to the warning signs and the weather alerts, don't assume it can't happen to you, have a disaster plan in place, if at all possible, don't move to or build on disaster prone areas, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Beyond that, wish for luck, or pray, depending on your religious beliefs.

The longer we keep screwing with Earth, the more we're going to get coming back our way. The only difference is Nature hits back a hell of a lot harder.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here in New Mexico, for the past several weeks, it isnt summer yet, but we've been getting into the 108's...... somethings off...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

im at 7500 feet here in santa fe and it has been dam hot here too. i feel for you if your down south. stay cool friend!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here in Michigan it has been slightly different than what I remember of past summers.

Thunderstorms are nothing odd here in the summer but it has been quite frequent here lately. I think it was like 4 days straight we had a Severe Thunderstorm Watch or Tornado Watch. All those days, where I am at least, we got hit by a Severe Thunderstorm, and one day it was Tornadic.

The temperatures got in the upper 80's to mid 90's for like a week straight. It has happened before but for early to mid June, a mini heat wave like that seemed a little out of place. I know this is nothing for some of you out in the West, but still...

But, this stuff happens. This is why weather is so unpredictable.

I won't speculate as to why, but I do believe our climate is changing. It always has and always will, and we just have to go along with it. I don't agree with the causes of that change that our leaders sell us, nor do I agree with the solutions they have presented, but I think our climate is changing nevertheless.

It will be an interesting next few years (or decades), for sure. I wish everyone the absolute best because weather and Nature, as we all know, can be as deadly as it is beautiful and interesting.

[edit on 6/16/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

In all honesty, this past spring has been anything but "extreme" on most of the European continent (i.e. excluding the British Isles - although their "flash floods" have been a constant for the past few years).

Sure, there have been days of "extreme conditions" in certain parts - but that's nothing out of the ordinary, quite the opposite. Such occasional deviations from the average are actually a part of the natural "pattern" of weather conditions.

People (I mean in general, not anyone here) very often forget to check historic records - and they're missing a lot because they are tremendously illuminating. Very old people - and/or history freaks like myself :-) - are unlikely to forget the winter of 1929, for example, when most of Europe was literally thrown into an "ice age" of dire proportions... (You better check out the details for yourselves, or you might not believe me.)

I am not a climate change denier, by the way.
I just like to add information to balance the picture whenever I feel it might be necessary.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

if you have not seen any extremes this spring you simply have not been looking. there are plenty of examples on several continents.

new topics

top topics

join