It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TLE* caught on film ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hi,

TLE : www.nssl.noaa.gov...

You can notice that I would rather use this term than UAP or UFO

I recently came across someone opening different threads called "Globular Lightning caught on video" (in his own words but translated) in different forums within the French speaking community.

I finally got a hold of him and brought it back in the forum where I am a moderator and here is the story that I want to share with you...

Mr x is a very talented amateur photographer specialized in Stormy weather.
Here is a blog where Mr X (Ablok aka Ablokos) posted some of his work :
ablokphotos.canalblog.com...

I'll translate his testimony for you :

On November 5th, 2005, (time unknown) I was seating on the roof of my building in Nice in the French Riviera, filming a storm taking place at quiet some distance from me. Once home, as I was watching the vidéo and just a few seconds after the lightning stroke, I saw some kind of reddish "luminous tail" flying by very fast and changing trajectory.I could hear a sound at almost exactly the same time, like a whistle with a sound frequency change as the "thing" turned.

Unfortunatly, a virus in my pc destroyed the video but luckily enough, I had time to split the film into frames before posting it in a few forums.

Now, about the camera :

Movie image resolution
VGA (640x480 pixels) at 13 fps
QVGA (320x240 pixels) at 20 fps (It was filmed using QVGA)

www.kodak.com...

Now, the weather :

www.infoclimat.fr...

The exact place where the phenomena was filmed, on top on that flat gravel roof you see near the marker :

Original frames (4) that were posted in a few forums and saved that way (not enhanced) :

Now enhanced :

Now 4 in 1 :

and an animated GIF :

and a daytime photo taken from the exact same spot & direction +- :

As I am speaking, we are still questionning the "witness" but we know that
the event that was filmed lasted 1/4 sec.

Feel free to ask questions as I will be checking on this topic quiet often and I will be able to jump from one forum to the other to ask new questions to the witness and keep you updated with fresh data.

to Internos : Hi there, I will get in touch with the ICPH regarding this matter very soon, just a few more things need to be checked before.

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck the Wild

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
wooooooh nice find!!

that's fast little red dude matey boy captured there.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
These TLE's are supposed to last anywhere from a few milliseconds to hundreds of milliseconds. So it's possible that a video camera at 20 fps could capture something. Most likely it was a "tendril" from a red sprite..

Their ignition altitude is about 75 km (47 mi), and from here they often develop both downward "tendrils" that extend to about 50 km (31 mi), and upward "branches" that extend to about 90 km (56 mi).

wiki

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Hi there,

TLEs is a generic abbreviation that I felt more appropriated than even globular lightning. My contact at the ICPH* uses this generic abbreviaton for a wide
variety of phenomenas. As far, as I know, we do not know what it is, we are not even sure it is Globular lightning (GL) because we do not really know what GL really is for sure. We make assumptions, that's all.

win.ciph-soso.net...

Cheers,
Europa

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i have seen something like this before, i live near a RAF airstation in Scotland and when Tornados are Scrambled, and they are on full after burner for take off and manouvere they have left trails like this over the house, the first time i saw this i thought it was a metor but it turned sharp and passed low over the sea and you could see the jet.

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Hi there,

This is way too fast, way too radical as far as the turning sequence to be an aircraft. Gotta remember that it was filmed over a big city at night. I don't see a military jet turning his full afterburners on at night, not in my country at least during peacetime.

At first, I thought about this or any pyrotechnical effect but forgot about it really quickly :

www.billleffairshows.com...

Cheers,
Europa

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

Well I think it's a fair assumption on your part. Considering that he was filming a distant storm certainly provides additional support for the TLE hypothesis. Their mysterious nature is not surprising considering their short duration (in milliseconds) and the high altitudes they occur at.

I'm no atmospheric scientist, but looking at this picture of known (relatively speaking) upper-atmosphere electrical phenomena, the closest match is a tendril from a red sprite.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

THX for your message,

Tendrils occur pretty high from the little that we know, at about 40 + km +-. The night it was filmed, the sky was overcast but I cannot find the bottom altitude of the cloud layer. I assume it was well bellow 10 km anyway.

A "little bit" too low for it to be tendrils.

What do you think ?

Cheers,

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
One thing we have to keep in mind is the probable sound correlation described by the witness.

It almost matched (he cannot remember really) the optical capture and the
sudden turn.

Of course, one have to be very cautious with testimonies, memory loss and memory reconstruction make them hazardous* grounds to walk on.

Cheers,
Europa

www.visualexpert.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Europa733

A "little bit" too low for it to be tendrils.

What do you think ?

I think you're probably right... the tendril hypothesis is a bit of a stretch. Most of the TLE phenomena seem to occur high in the atmosphere and move upwards. The tendril is one of the few things which has a downward aspect to it (and is red in color). Still, I'm no atmospheric science expert by any (tendril) stretch of the imagination!

Thanks for bringing it to the forum though. I gave you a star. I think your post is well presented.. It's sad to see far out speculative alien theories claim 15 stars, while educational posts like this go rather unnoticed.

Nice job...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thx S76

You said : Still, I'm no atmospheric science expert by any (tendril) stretch of the imagination!

Me neither, my task is to collect data, verify it (within my limits) and send it to the proper people, not to name it & them. But it is another story : Project Skywatch 06

I would sure appreciate image experts to take a look at it and see if they can enhance these shots themselves. I might need some advice regarding angular height measurements as well.

If you or others are interested, this just came out :
www.cisu.org...

Cheers,
Europa

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I saw something during a storm that was repeated over and over which was exceptionally beautiful of which I have never witnessed again...it was during an intense thunderstorm that moved rapidly through the city and as it was in the distance, since I love watching lightning, I went out on the back patio and after each lightning flash an intense emerald green glow would briefly happen which was like when you see sheet lightning. It was repeated many times over and I wonder if anyone else has ever witnessed this phenom.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Sure it wasn't transformers blowing out?

Light flash + green glow = possible blown transformer

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hi S76,

Maybe I should have picked another title name like :

Plasma Ufo doing a sharp turn
Sounds better ?

Cheers,
Europa

new topics

top topics

join