It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Concept BMW based on Alien Technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Check out this article on the new BMW... the material really seems like that mystery roswell material!

bmw link

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I dont see the roswell connection personally. The roswell metal "fabric" was a memory metal and couldnt be cut.

What BMW are desribing is basically knittted type of metal fabric that has a wire mesh structure to give it shape and strength. Sounds similar to the structure of a zeplin with the exception of the knitted metal fabric outer skin.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Cool car

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Looks sort of like an updated version of the New Millenia Bat-mobile doesn't it?

I bet this bad boy won't be out for many a year...and I can't begin to imagine the price considering it's from BMW. Maybe if the designers and engineers were UFO enthusiasts they got the IDEA from Roswell, it's a stretch, but who knows...thanks for making the thread though, it's definitely different!!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hmm... One thing Beemers are good for is taking something simple, over-complicating the hell out of it and then telling everyone in America how freakin unique and special their cars are because of it. It's brilliant marketing I guess, doing something stupid that no one else does, since doing it would be stupid, and then telling us they're unique since no one else does what they do. Ah yes, German engineering in a nut shell.

It looks like instead of putting a metal skin on the car they stretched a blanket over the body of the car and cut some holes for the lights and such. It just doesn't seem all that amazing to me.

It looks cool and all, but it really does seem to be something simple that they are just making a big deal out of. I don't see how this is anything close to alien technology. It's just fabric attached to some actuators that move it around, it's not like it's tearing a hole in itself to reveal the headlights then mending itself back together when you turn them off.

If you haven't noticed I am a little bit biased against BMW, but I must concede, I do like this concept and the idea in general. Although I pity the poor guys that will have to fix it when it breaks. Most of the guys working on beemers love a good challenge though, thats why they work on German cars! HA!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wonderful idea, wonder if it will make it into production?

Here is the creator and a working model.

new topics

top topics

join