It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama/Clinton 2008?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's official..................well ALMOST official.

Obama just named former Clinton campaign manager and longtime Clinton BFF, Patti Solis Doyle, as Chief of Staff to the yet to be named VP candidate.

I think this makes it official, it will be an Obama/Clinton ticket. How else could he name a chief of staff for the VP position without the VP candidate's blessing?

WASHNGTON - Barack Obama's campaign named new senior advisers on Monday, including former Hillary Rodham Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle as chief of staff to the presidential candidate's yet-to-be-chosen running mate.

Source

I guess now we know what was discussed between Obama and Clinton, and why James Johnson was able to leave the position of finding a VP candidate so quickly.

Mod Edit: Moved "It's official" to the body of the post to avoid any confusion.

Peace

[edit on 16-6-2008 by jamie83]

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

watch out Obama for that book depository building. ....blah blah blah

place your bets on that one

david

[edit on 16/6/2008 by drevill]

[edit on 16/6/2008 by drevill]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I don't think we'll be looking at an Obama/Clinton ticket, but rather a Obama/(insert approved Clinton surrogate) ticket.

We are probably going to see something alone the lines of a Wesley Clark VP choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
reply to post by jamie83

I don't think we'll be looking at an Obama/Clinton ticket, but rather a Obama/(insert approved Clinton surrogate) ticket.

We are probably going to see something alone the lines of a Wesley Clark VP choice.

Well I hope then that Wesley Clark is ok with having Patti Solis Doyle be his chief of staff.

And did you notice in the same article that Obama named a chief of staff for this wife? WTH?? Why does his wife have a staff?? And why would she need a chief of staff???

Wonder how much money Michelle and her "staff" get paid from the Obama campaign money?

and Stephanie Cutter, communications director to Sen. John Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign who will be a senior adviser to Obama and chief of staff to Obama's wife, Michelle.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
I think this makes it official, it will be an Obama/Clinton ticket. How else could he name a chief of staff for the VP position without the VP candidate's blessing?

That would be an interesting inter-office dynamic, but I doubt it. For one, Obama staffers let it slip that before the campaign even started, he told them, there will be no drama, and no egos. That, apparently, is why he fires people so quickly.

Second,

But Solis Doyle -- who after her firing midway through the primaries is no longer on speaking terms with much of the Clinton inner circle, including the senator herself -- has been tapped to serve as chief of staff to the future vice presidential running mate. Not exactly a signal that Obama is considering Hillary Clinton for the job.

At least that's how Clinton loyalists see it.
Clinton Insiders Take Umbrage at Solis Doyle Move

Of course, this could all be political theater, but I haven't seen too much of that from him, yet.

Third, he would lose too many votes, and donors, by putting her on the ticket. Starting with me.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

And did you notice in the same article that Obama named a chief of staff for this wife? WTH?? Why does his wife have a staff?? And why would she need a chief of staff???

The Office of the First Lady of the United States is accountable to the First Lady of the United States for her to carry out her duties as hostess of the White House, and is also in charge of all social and ceremonial events of the White House. The First Lady has her own staff that includes the White House Social Secretary, a Chief of Staff, Press Secretary, Chief Floral Designer, Executive Chef, etc. The Office of the First Lady is a branch of the Executive Office of the President (EOP).
First Lady @ wiki

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well I hope then that Wesley Clark is ok with having Patti Solis Doyle be his chief of staff.

I don't see why he wouldn't be...

I don't think an Obama/Clinton ticket is official at all. In fact, I highly doubt it. As HH said
he would lose votes.

No, I actually have pretty high hopes that he and Clinton are going to work together without the drama. I don't get the feeling that Obama would "knuckle under" to pressure in this way. He seems pretty decisive.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yes, First Ladies have Chiefs of Staff. Considering their job and position it is essential.

Ever see West Wing? I know it was made up BUT the show's advisors followed rather closely to what really goes on in the West Wing. The First Lady has an office (not in the West Wing) and a staff and everything. She really needs one.

edited to add - I forgot ... No, I don't think Hillary will be the VP.

[edit on 6/16/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I really think Hillary is to stubborn to be Obama's VP choice. I sure would love to see a certain other person to be his VP choice and then i would vote for him, but meh I am sticking with Rednecks dog I think.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
As HH said
he would lose votes.

Heeeeey!

No, I actually have pretty high hopes that he and Clinton are going to work together without the drama.

I think he's going to put her to work on the health-care initiative, just like he said in his acceptance speech.

I don't get the feeling that Obama would "knuckle under" to pressure in this way. He seems pretty decisive.

Decisive, but thoughtful and well-informed. Just what we need in a President.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I just heard on Keith Olbermann that Hillary fired Soros back in Februray and that their relationship is still strained, so I think more than ever an Obama/Clinton ticken is NOT in the future.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie

The Office of the First Lady of the United States is accountable to the First Lady of the United States for her to carry out her duties as hostess of the White House, and is also in charge of all social and ceremonial events of the White House. The First Lady has her own staff that includes the White House Social Secretary, a Chief of Staff, Press Secretary, Chief Floral Designer, Executive Chef, etc. The Office of the First Lady is a branch of the Executive Office of the President (EOP).
First Lady @ wiki

Thanks for the info. I was thinking in terms of the campaign, not after the election. I was curious how a wife of a candidate would need a staff or a chief of staff during a campaign.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I just heard on Keith Olbermann that Hillary fired Soros back in Februray and that their relationship is still strained, so I think more than ever an Obama/Clinton ticken is NOT in the future.

Do recall any specifics? Like what Soros fund she was invested in?

Maybe Clinton was invested in the Perseus-Soros Fund and took offense to this:

...being on the Perseus home page.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I was curious how a wife of a candidate would need a staff or a chief of staff during a campaign.

Generally, a Chief of Staff, at anytime, functions as a specialized personal assistant. I guess whoever it is would book Mrs. Obama's speaking engagements, schedule her flights, etc.

Maybe Clinton was invested in the Perseus-Soros Fund and took offense to this...

I hope not. I've had enough anti-intellectualism in the last eight years to last me a lifetime. Don't tell me Hillary fell into the trap, too-- whoops, just remembered her position on the gas tax. Nevermind.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Obama just named former Clinton campaign manager and longtime Clinton BFF, Patti Solis Doyle, as Chief of Staff to the yet to be named VP candidate. I think this makes it official, it will be an Obama/Clinton ticket. How else could he name a chief of staff for the VP position without the VP candidate's blessing?

Keep in mind that NO candidate of any stripe and for any office can tell the TRUTH and be elected. We must watch body language and pay attention to the finer nuances of speech if we are ever to fathom where anyone stands or what he or she proposes. Recall what happened to Mike Huckabee when he told Michiganders the truth: “Your jobs are not coming back!”

Hillary Clinton as VP? I don’t think so. 1) she is not cut out to be anyone’s No. 2. 2) She would overshadow the milder, more reserved Barack, and would distract him from his role as leader. 3) I’m pretty sure we will not see a re-run of Cheney/Bush mis-match.

Although I formerly supported Hillary for Prez, I shifted to Barack after the Philadelphia Rev. Wright speech which was of presidential caliber. Then I saw him on a tv interview in an unrehearsed setting where again he demonstrated his real grasp of issues.

Obama is riding a wave. Right now it’s the perfect wave. The only issue is can it last until November 4. If it does, then McCain has no chance at all. If it lasts, then the Dems stand a good chance of getting the 60 seats in the Senate needed to exercise control over the legislative branch. If the wave falters, then Obama may or may not be a winner on the coattails of the 435 Congresspersons and 33 Senate seats up this year.

So who does Barack pick? His team must decide whether they want to appeal to the Latino vote - Bill Richardson - or to the red neck white vote in the south. (And WV, PA, OH, IN, KY and MI). Mark Warner of Virginia. Or, way outside, Senator Bill Nelson of Florida. But a former governor seems a better choice for a young senator. The public tends to perceive governors as better equipped to run a country.

And all that I just wrote comes down to this. Will the presidency be decided in Florida or Ohio? If Ohio, then John Edwards comes back into the picture. He will not put the south into play. He is far too liberal. Populist is a better word, as the GOP has succeeded in making LIBERAL a dirty word for its knee-jerk voters.

I’m voting for Barack regardless of his VP pick.

GOP #2. John McCain, having the last convention, will wait to finalize his choice until Barack makes his known. I say if Obama picks Mark Warner then McCain will pick Charlie Crist of FL. OTOH if Barack picks Bill Richardson, then McCaiin will pick Mitt Romney. IMO. LA Gov. Jidal - another closet Libertarian - was at the ranch meeting as a SOP to Ron Paul's Libertarians.

top topics

join