It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World trusts Ahmadinejad more than Bush 'to do the right thing regarding world affairs.'»

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

World trusts Ahmadinejad more than Bush 'to do the right thing regarding world affairs.'»

LINK to Story

A new World Public Opinion poll of 20 nations finds that just 2 percent say that they have “a lot” or “some” confidence that President Bush will do “the right thing regarding world affairs.” Bush ranks below Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, but just edges out Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf.(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: the automatic link in the submission page was trying to deny ATS the truth so I took it upon myself to make sure you guys got the link.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Wake up America. So often I hear people from the USA talk about the roll the USA plays in maintaining world affairs. I hear about how the USA is trying to spread democracy throughout the troubled regions of the world. So on and so forth.

This little news piece is a nice reflection of how we are actually seen around the world, or at least our leader Bush co.

IT appears that the USA has fallen far in world opinion, something that I fear will take a lot to undo.

Link
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

firstly can you please sort your URLs out

compared to bush and the Iranian leaders track record is it supprising?
even so both do have a simmilier attitude in spewing the same garbage.

im just going to wait for the Bush defenders to show up
and use some old quotes from the Iranian president that have been debunked

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
www.worldpublicopinion.org...

Of course the poll shows this, look at the difference between the two in the Middle East countries surveyed! The only legitimate comparison this poll generated was that the only world leader America has more faith in than Bush is Gordon Brown. I find that quite interesting, actually. The rest of the poll is purely a who's allied with who and who's culture has embraced America bashing, communist bashing, muslim bashing, etc, etc, etc the most.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is an excellent example of using statistics to say what you want to say, rather than reflect reality.

They played with the numbers to make a graph that only shows countries where the "majority/plurality" choose the two upper levels of confidence. This is giving a false picture, because it doesn't say what the level of the plurality/majority really was. They only do that later, AFTER painting a gloomy picture.

...BUT, this is ATS, where the truth is often pointless and people prefer to bash Bush and talk about how much he sucks instead of looking at the data. So I predict this will get 20 stars/flags, and end up with numerous people agreeing about how horrible Bush is.

Roll out, mass media and DNC programmed bush-bashing bots! Oh wait..some are already here.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wonder if any people in Israel were polled? I wonder if any gay people were polled? You know, according to Ack-im-in-a-jihad, gay people do not exist in Iran.

I think whoever did the polling had a built in bias and it obviously showed in their polling.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by Animal

im just going to wait for the Bush defenders to show up

LOL!!! You didn't have to wait very long...haha.

I was almost going to post this animal, but I think I've reached my quota to invoke the wrath of the gov-guys today.

The world definitely is not as brainwashed as the Faux news sheeple herd is. All we hear, day in and day out is how "Iran is the threat, Iran must be stopped", meanwhile bush is sending nuke tech to the saudi's who are responsible for 100 times the amount of terrorist activity. Not to mention all of his other war crimes and atrocities.

Thankfully the world is waking up to the hypocracy that has been so dominant for so long now...

new topics

top topics

join