It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Critics Of Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, and Rendition are 'Slandering America'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by mind is the universe
reply to post by sos37

I'm not religious or any means, I posed the point.

If your christian, and you kill, then you are breaking one of the commandments.

Now you can sing and dance if you like. huff and puff about it. thats the fact. How does you shoot me and I'll shoot you work? explain to me how killling each other works.

I'm listening................

[edit on 17-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

If you've entered my home with the intent to kill me or my family then I have no other choice than to defend them or myself. Yes, technically it's still breaking one of the commandments, but I believe that's an issue between ME and God. Personally, I believe God would forgive me because I did not seek you out with the intention to kill, just as the law would not charge me for murder.

Well what is America doing for the last 50 years. It would break a few commandments

You shall not murder
You shall not steal
You shall not covet your neighbor's house
You shall not make for yourself an idol

There is four that is broken....

If you break them, this means you have sinned

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Duplicate post.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yes, and yes

But why is America in this mess?? who are the bad guys and the good guys here. if a guy is torturing, what is America doing what in war??

Playing chess?
hmmm.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by just great

I found this post to strike a nerve. God uses both righteious and evil leaders. Our republic is turning more and more evil so we are getting evil leaders. God has done this all throughout the past, look it up if you don't believe me. So in essence, God is our terrorist but it's our own fault. I hope this is just a 'cyle' and not a 'trend'. If we are indeed on a close trend than I suggest everyone here make sure they are right with God on an individual bases because this country is heading to hell in a handbasket. (Do it either way)

How dare you!!! God is good!!! What you don't understand is that god is setting us up for the rapture. Good Christians will be taken to heaven while you blasphemers suffer your Islamins Preying to Budda and Allen, all that weird stuff. Bush and Mccain are servants of the lord, tools of the lord who will bring the fire of the sun to the surface of the earth to cleans its darkness once and for all. I will be in heaven, how about you???

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Well what is America doing for the last 50 years. It would break a few commandments

You shall not murder
You shall not steal
You shall not covet your neighbor's house
You shall not make for yourself an idol

There is four that is broken....

If you break them, this means you have sinned

Thats wrong, I believe in Jesus so I will be forgiven and saved!

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/17/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So is America going to learn. Bush should be put on trial soon.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Cool! Than let me express to you where I think the issue is.

I tried to hint to it. How do I know who to torture, based on what? Was I just torturing each and every suspect I had access to until one told me something 'actionable'? Or did I have reason to believe that this person new something? Here's the issue. We have a scenario without a foundation.

Assuming it is determined that through investigative genius and maybe even some luck, I singled out and tortured the right person. That person was the 'golden ticket'. - But had I enough information to know as much as who the principle knowledgeable agent of the terrorist act was, what kind of scenario would make torture the only available course of action? Isn't this sounding a bit 'Hollywood' to you? Does it seem realistic that such scenarios demand a common course of torture as 'policy?'

Which is why I asked - when has this EVER happened before? Have we, as a nation, EVER averted catastrophe by torturing someone?

But let's go the different route. Say I tortured EVERYONE I could get my hands on until I averted said catastrophe. Well, I'm not sure I can even defend this process. After all, how do you decide who does and doesn't get tortured; circumstance, association, fiat? And what is the acceptable ratio of hapless victim to knowledgeable villain? In fact, at some point you might be chagrined to learn that you've tortured more people than you saved.

So I would say that as I congratulated myself at saving the would be victims, I could not self-assess my understanding of it without knowing the true cost of the success. I can't operate in that kind of moral vacuum.

There is, in all fairness, one doctrine that will accommodate either possibility.

"The ends justifies the means."

That, unfortunately is a debate for a different board.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the post DD,it's always a pleasure reading what you find.

I personally believe that the Decider is delusional.Branding people "slanderous" for voicing an opinion is ludicrous.This incompetent imbecile can't manage to meet questions head on.He has to resort to labeling,which he's become quite adept at given his limited vocabulary.
Anyone NOT on his side is Un-American,a traitor,a terrist etc.
Many years from now I wouldn't be surprised if Bush and his crew were hunted down and tried for War crimes.

What is fortunate for you, is that most of the world still has hope for America, because of the 80% who don't believe. You should thank any "truther" you meet. They are the key to forgiveness. Without them, you would be universally hated by all.

My hope for America dwindles everyday.I see this invisible wall being built around a nation and her citizens are becoming certain prisoners.
If I had to show a passport to get back in to my OWN country,the border guard would be rightfully told where to go.
I have a very fond affection for individual Americans though.I've spent quite a bit of time south of the border and was treated with respect and kindness by everyone I met.The hospitality was,and is,second to none.
I'm still keeping my hopes up for these very good people.

What you, and most others here, do not realize, is the fact that the NATION of SA didn't attack us. It was some outcasts from Saudi Arabia.

Could you please tell me which nation DID attack America?Please provide a reliable link.
Isn't Osama a Saudi?He isn't even wanted for 9/11 according to the FBI.
Why is Afghanistan in a war with America?Did Afghanistan attack America?Perhaps some convenient intel says they are harbouring a dead man.I thought he was in Pakistan.
Why Is Iraq reduced to rubble?Did Iraq attack America?
George's shell game has most people confused and they soon forget what all the fighting is about.

According G.W., anyone can be declared a terrorist.........INCLUDING Americans.Thanks to the Military Commissions Act, an Americans rights can be stripped with the utterance of Bush's favourite label:"terrorist"
No Habeas Corpus.

In my opinion,Bush is a terrorist in a suit.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You unpatriotic so and so - May Jesus fire um all - Bush has a right to find terrorists and do what ever he has to... We have to protect us at all costs - Bush 2008

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm not sure why you felt compelled to quote my entire post.I have no intention of editing or deleting it.
What I said is how I feel and I am entitled to my thoughts and opinions.

Last time I checked,this website has international members.Calling me unpatriotic is slander,is it not?
I suggest you look at a globe or google Calgary,Alberta.You will find out that I'm not American.
You can love Bush all you want,it doesn't mean that I have to blindly follow.

In closing, what kind of Jesus would fry anybody?Doesn't Jesus love ALL of his children?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen truth

I'm not sure why you felt compelled to quote my entire post.I have no intention of editing or deleting it.
What I said is how I feel and I am entitled to my thoughts and opinions.

Last time I checked,this website has international members.Calling me unpatriotic is slander,is it not?
I suggest you look at a globe or google Calgary,Alberta.You will find out that I'm not American.
You can love Bush all you want,it doesn't mean that I have to blindly follow.

In closing, what kind of Jesus would fry anybody?Doesn't Jesus love ALL of his children?

Hello my fellow Albertan. I think OUR god loves everybody, but I think the god of the people in the deep south only loves Americans, screw everyone else (at least that is what they seem to think). Don't even think about telling them that the same god they pray to is the same god the muslims pray to, they will LOSE it. I don't even think that alot of them grasp the idea that the world is not black and white. Alot of them also subscribe to the "with us or against us" mantra. I really do wish that there could be sensible conversation, or debate, but those are few and far between.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Okay, so essentially said, Bush is equivilating himself with America, and that's assinine in the least, insulting to millions of American's in the most part.

Slandering America? To disagree with a policy? Are you kidding Bush?

You must be, but I'm not laughing. I fully support the soldiers, fully support the country, but not the Administration. It's been found time and again, and printed no less, in the newspapers, that Bush lied about the Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, in order to get troops in Iraq.

His own former Press Secretary is now denying the man.

That says something about the man who claims that to disagree with murder and torture is slandering America.

I disagree wholeheartedly with murder and torture. It does not help facilitate freedom and it is not practiced in the name of America.

The whole mentality of "kill one to save many" is absurd and assinine, and anyone who supports it is themselves, insane.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

do take to time to read terms and conditions of this website.

if you keep behaving like a rude 6 tear old. Praising and preaching the war and praising bush for killing 650,000 people. wishing more to die for sake of it. Mocking other people's opinions. Being racisist towards other nations
then you will get people putting you on ignore. You've been told
to behave already. if you cannot take responsibilty for your behaviour, consider your presence on this site limited.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

do take to time to read terms and conditions of this website.

if you keep behaving like a rude 6 tear old. Praising and preaching the war and praising bush for killing 650,000 people. wishing more to die for sake of it. Mocking other people's opinions. Being racisist towards other nations
then you will get people putting you on ignore. You've been told
to behave already. if you cannot take responsibilty for your behaviour, consider your presence on this site limited.

I ain't racist I'm a patriot, I'm speaking truth here and all you want to do is shut me up because you know I am right!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Let's go back.

Let's go Waaaaaay back.

And let's imagine that,

After 9/11 we, the most mighty nation on the earth, after being attacked on our homeland did.........nothing.........for a very long time.

I remember hearing a story from a friend of mine telling me about a russian sub surfacing in the atlantic and the seamen on deck saluting our navy men on deck in a show of solidarity.

After 9/11 the whole world was with us...

What if ...What if...What if...we had taken the time to develop a coalition of states devoted to the eradication of terrorism? What if we had simply gone after Al Queda in Afghanistan...nothing else...just al queda... in Afghanistan. Where do you think we would be in the "war on terror" today?? The world was with us...with the majority of Middle Eastern countries supporting us...where would we be today???

Don't get me wrong I am a 9/11 "truther" in other words I seek the truth on what happened that day. So I guess you know what I think...it could have not gone the way I outlined above because the plan was for it to go EXACTLY as it is going currently.

But for those of you who believe the official story...just imagine where we would be today if only...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Let's go back.

Don't get me wrong I am a 9/11 "truther" in other words I seek the truth on what happened that day. So I guess you know what I think...it could have not gone the way I outlined above because the plan was for it to go EXACTLY as it is going currently.

But for those of you who believe the official story...just imagine where we would be today if only...

What are you trying to say??? Are you crazy??? We had to go after Irack after Osama Bin Obama came here and blew us all up! This is why we need John Mccain!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Why did 9/11 hit American soil in the first place?, this is the bigger question and the bit you've left out, that would ultimately answer all your questions as too leading up to this current CHAOS.

Don't get me wrong I hear what your trying to say, but. lets not forget that people are already saying that Osama could be dead already. The American government could well want us to believe he is still alive so they can carry on the war forever, if even.... I'm not joking, either.

They just suddenly deployed and left from Afghanistan rather out of the blue. Which didnt make any sense if Osama was then on the most wanted list. It didn;t even make make headlines. Which is bizarre. Suddenly the attention was then focused on Iraq if not used to deflect attention from Afghanistan.
They marched into Iraq make sushi out of it, till now present day. where is Osama??

This has not being proven on whether Osama is alive or not. I believe its a good possibilty he is dead.

But saying the what if's its just plain stupid now, when the first and right thing to do. Is actually go on the Hows an why's, is America cot up in all of this mess in the first place. I exlained this in detail on the third or fourth page on top of this thread, if you want to read it, might be of interest to you.

Second part of the question whos the terrorists??? them or those?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well as I mentioned before I believe 9/11 was at best, allowed to happen, and at worst, was perpetrated by elements within our own government.

I believe OBL has been dead for quite awhile now.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I now have to apologize to jsobecky. I'm sorry, I was mistaken about the true idiot American that the world hates. jsobecky, you are apparently moderate in your beliefs, still wrong, but moderate compared to this freakshow.

Just Great, you are either a troll on here stirring up # for fun, or truly one of the most ignorant inbred monkeys ever to scurry out from under a rock. I cannot believe people like you exist, so you must be a troll. If you are for real, I would say the greatest threat to America is anyone who is as rampantly brainwashed as you just espoused, not some poor arab family being shot to peices in their bed by no mind wrapped in a uniform, who thinks like you do.
Sir, you are truly a disgusting peice of work, troll or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join