It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: Critics Of Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, and Rendition are 'Slandering America'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat

Why does the world hate America?
It doesn't. Very disappointed, yes. Hate ,no.
That is a fallacy your beloved Bush administration cooked up to keep people like you frothing at the mouth over percieved terrorists.

Bullcrap. There are dozens of threads posted here about opinion polls taken around the world that measure the hatred for America. I suppose Bush took those polls?

They are posted here right next to threads praising Iran and apologizing for Ahmadinejad being misinterpreted when he threatens Israel. Meanwhile, news reports abound showing where Iran hangs homosexuals and throws bloggers in jail. The anti-Americans here fall all over themselves defending their terrorist friends in Iran, though.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Ok, does that mean that we abandon the very ideals that makes us who we are in the face of every new threat? Does that also mean that in a perpetual "War On Terror" that we should also perpetually violate our own laws to whatever ends that may lead?

how far does it go before its too much even for you? Do the ends really justify the means when we have so many historical references pointing to the answer being the iron grip of fascism, and the police state. How many laws should we break in order to deal with "terrorists" and why should more war be the answer to deal with it? Are we afraid we can't pacify the threat peacefully? Even a terrorist wants something, we dont have to appease anyone, but we can't just march our military around the the world and expect anyone to be ok with it. and we can't erode our own freedoms and laws just to gain a little false sense of security. Its cold war propaganda all over again.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Dude, before you attack Dimensional Detective, do yourself a favor and look up "False Flag Operations". Which have been taking place ever since men first formed armies. "Protecting" us from "terrorists" indeed...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i must say i watched the interview and the words , in this case , don`t do it justice - boultons face was priceless when he heard the reply , even for just a moment.

internment is illegal but is practised by the usa , so is torture - am i `slandering` the usa? no - because its the turth.

the worlds perception of the usa has slowly changed over the years - once it was the beacon of hope, the last bastion of freedom; and now after being attacked on its homeland by the monster , is slowly becoming the monster that everyone hates through its own blatant disregard for international law.

`do as i say , dont do as i do` only works so far till the others start pushing back - and remember russia still have FOBS which kinda screws and countervalue reaction force.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Bush says that critics of an un-humane, totalitarianism government in America are "slandering America?"

Hey, Bush! How about this: Those who oppose the critics of an un-humane totalitarianism government in America are the real traitors to America?
THHHBBBBB!

Naw, even if Bush read this, I don't think he's got enough IQ to figure it out...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
To be honest, shrubs statement is reflected every day by people here on ATS.

If someone dares to critisize shrub&co, they are immediately branded "anti-american" when for the most part, nothing could be further from the truth.

I've said it before - blind support for a warmongering idiot like shrub is NOT patriotism.

It's time people realised that shrub is out only for himself and his band of cronies - it seems he mis-read Robin Hood when he was a child, and takes from the poor to give to the rich.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think you not understand be of George speak!

George say: You slandering America be!

George mean: I am America, You slandering George be!

George say: You slandering be.

George mean: The truth is a lie, and you telling truth be, so you lieing be.

And George be right. America be guilty of war crimes.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by proteus33

Originally posted by proteus33
how is it easier because of bush because he didn';t go after the terroist.
911 was done by saudi arabians i don't recall the first marine to land boot in sausi arabia. this whole crappy thing was orchistrated to make pile upon piles of money for bush and his friends if you haven't realized this than i pity you.

What you, and most others here, do not realize, is the fact that the NATION of SA didn't attack us. It was some outcasts from Saudi Arabia.

As for those who say the laws were always there, sorry you are wrong. There is NOTHING in the Constitution that defines or outlines the steps to take when engaged in war with another nation, much less a bunch of islamo-fascist terrorists who wear no uniform or carry no flag.

Becky jeez settle down. You just rip into people without any cause. You do not think that any of the other conflicts we have been in the last two hundred and x plus years have given us one single law that we can look back on as a way to act humanly. In fact there are thousands of Laws that are on the books covering conduct in war. It does not have to strictly be about what it says in the Constitution. Bush has chosen to disregard simple rights that are the basis of this Country. No amount of arguing can hide this fact.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Originally posted by GArnold
Becky jeez settle down. You just rip into people without any cause. You do not think that any of the other conflicts we have been in the last two hundred and x plus years have given us one single law that we can look back on as a way to act humanly. In fact there are thousands of Laws that are on the books covering conduct in war. It does not have to strictly be about what it says in the Constitution. Bush has chosen to disregard simple rights that are the basis of this Country. No amount of arguing can hide this fact.

First of all, the username is jsobecky; I'm a guy. Second, I haven't ripped into anybody. The amount of disinfo that goes unchallenged on this site is disgusting. It's full of groupspeak and groupthink and tired old rhetoric.

But it makes you feel like you're "doing something" about the perceived and often imaginary "problems" in this "totaliarian fascist police state".

And then in the same breath you will defend murdering dictators like Ahmadinejad, blindly oblivious to the fact that if you said the same things about him in Iran, you'd be in prison or dead. You guys are clueless.

And if you are so sure that our history has provided us with laws to guide us in case of terrorist attacks , and how to deal with enemy combatants - not official armies - then please list them.

Both Lincoln and FDR suspended Habeus Corpus. Study history before you scream that the sky is falling.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yeah... bush minor just hates the competition in giving America a bad name... he wants all the credit for himself.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

jsobecky,

With all due respect (I mean that) what disinfo where you responding to? Your harshness seemed to be a knee-jerk reaction to an unseen offense.

You take exception to DD's position, that much is clear, but I fail to see the need for the anger evident in your post. Dude, you don't owe me any explanations and I am not expecting one, but if the point is that you feel the President's stated position that we don't do the things the reporter mentioned I hope you can explain what your take on rendition and such is.

BTW, yes, other administrations have done equally destructive things to our constitution (XVI for one) but many were quickly remedied, do you think we'll ever get 'habeus corpus' back?

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Apparently, just questioning the Bush administration on these issues is enough to be considered slanderous. This stance is outright laughable!

Bush may represent America, and it's mighty poor representation at that, but he is not America.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
SLANDER?? I bet he just finished the Cliffs Notes version of that hateful beyotch Anne Coulter's book.

Or......maybe they got him the picture version to put on the shelf with his copy of My Pet Goat!!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat

Why does the world hate America?
It doesn't. Very disappointed, yes. Hate ,no.
That is a fallacy your beloved Bush administration cooked up to keep people like you frothing at the mouth over percieved terrorists.

Bullcrap. There are dozens of threads posted here about opinion polls taken around the world that measure the hatred for America. I suppose Bush took those polls?

They are posted here right next to threads praising Iran and apologizing for Ahmadinejad being misinterpreted when he threatens Israel. Meanwhile, news reports abound showing where Iran hangs homosexuals and throws bloggers in jail. The anti-Americans here fall all over themselves defending their terrorist friends in Iran, though.

What you fail to understand is that the rest of the world does NOT HATE America. They DISAPPROVE their current policies and leaders...

And these people who disapprove the current US politics, are not allied to Iran. Almost all of them don't want to see a nuclear Iran.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Killing 64O,000 Innocent people works?. Check yourself into serious self revaluation. After that open your eyes to the responses of people around you. Finally look at the chaos in the world today.

If you really want to come to terms with reality. America is now more hated than it was before this so called system you believe that works

You should be ashamed of yourself. WAR does not work. the only things thats working is your guns killing more people for more money.

ABSURD... absaloutley ignorant post.

Bush's response is plain sinister. Why should we take the guilt for his errors of judgment. He should be on trial for genocide and hes directly responsible for the excution of hundread of thosands under his administration. Not us listening to his failures and guilt trips. As we speak people are dying and you respect this man. HOW DARE HE... may I ask.

its actually insanity at this stage. WAKE THE F... UP

[edit on 17-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

He actually has an high IQ, quoted many times. Unbelievable I know. The media betray him to be dumb however we all know that. But I revaluated my observation over the years, and its not far from reality. I don't think he actually is stupid.

He may act before he thinks, at times. That can be deemed stupidity. But the thing is he knows hes is being implusive, He knows what the reaction is and will be.. He knows his actions are wrong, thats the differnce for somebody stupid who does something wrong and is not aware of it.
He has power and hes good at playing the good "cop" when hes actually the bad guy. Hes has sucessfully won people over 4 years ago with his charm and decieving persona. The dumb image that he shows help him snake his way around things.

Does he care, NO, Does he care what you think, NO, does he care what we think. NO... He ain't as dumb as we are led to think so.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Bush: Critics Of Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, and Rendition are 'Slandering America'

thinkprogress.org

During an interview with President Bush on Britain’s Sky News yesterday, Sky political editor Adam Boulton noted that while Bush talks “a lot about freedom,” there are many who say that some of the Bush administration’s torture and detention policies represent “the complete opposite of freedom.” But Bush quickly snapped back, saying those criticizing his policies are slandering America:

BOULTON: There are those who would say look, lets take Guantanamo Bay, and Abu Ghraib, and rendition and all those things and to them that is the complete opposite of freedom.

BUSH: Of course, if you want to slander America.

(visit the link for the full news article)

wow...bush is really mentally incapacitated to say such a thing... he has demonstrated with that statement alone he should immediately be removed from office due to mental illness.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well it is mental sickness......

Something I stress to people all the time. POWER to one man overall.. kills us all, under the one man. No human by the laws of nature, should have this power.

Basically a human being given that much power will become so self absorbed and demonic, they will look too the rest humanity as numbers, to make him infinite in every aspect. They will do anything to thrive on more power, so killing people for it becomes sane. All the republican oil men over in America are covered in the blood of millions who perished to satisfy their selfish desires. The blood money to keep them in power and to continue this cycle.

ITS A DISEASE. Humanity's goal is to become one, one with ourselves. Not humanity giving to one human being. Their is alot of sterlization needed right now in this world. Getting rid of these people firstly.
Starting by putting GEORGE BUSH FOR TRIAL.
Secondly CHANGE WORLD POLICY.
thirdly LEARN TO USE AND VALUE OUR PERSONAL POWER.
finally USE THIS POWER FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

P.S NOT TO LET OUR POWER SLIP OUT OF HANDS EVER AGAIN.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

“ Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship. ...voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. A ll you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

This is exactly what Bush is doing. Just as Herman Göring said he would.

Here is what he said...

And this goes for all the so called "patriot" posters too, you are doing what he said you would do. Predictable and drone like.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join