It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have awakened, and so can you.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by Critical_Mass

Non-thinking is a state of being. The mind is not the being....correct?
In the Zen Buddhist fashion of meditation achieving Silence of the Mind takes you to a state of Samadhi, which is said to be undescribable....
and is only temporary, or so I have heard.

Edited to add:

PS: Mr. Green, A U2U on the ear ringing.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by cindymars]

Thinking about non-thinking, I would liken it to a computer shutting all of its processes down and then restarting them back up. You can't shut everything down and then re-achieve conciousness at will. Something has to still be active. But I do understand what you're saying about quieting the mind - it's VERY difficult to do. Try as I might, there's always some thread of thought going on that I can't get rid of, usually something random and off-base. Any thoughts (no pun intended) on how to achieve this state? I assume it just takes a lot of practice.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Speaking of the topic overall, this sounds very familiar - almost exactly like what I read in The Celestine Prophecy. Has anyone read it? It goes pretty deep into meditation and achieving a state of Nirvana. It talks extensively about auras and seeing it around plants, animals, people but also (I believe, it was a long time ago when I read the book) inantimate objects as well. Is this the case in your experience as well, that all objects have an aura?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Pretty cool post. I am Buddhist and in your post I noticed some things I'd like to comment on. Zen Buddhism places much emphasis on staying in the moment. In terms of meditation I have experienced a few strange things. When I first started doing Zazen everything would start to glow. I explained this to my teacher at the time and he said just to keep meditating and not to focus on the glowing. It seemed like when I was in intense concentration it would occur. After a while this stopped and I don't really experience it anymore. While going to bed one night (this is after I had started regular meditation practice) I lied down on my back to go to sleep. As I relaxed I heard myself thinking relax, let go, let go, let go, let go, it was if the thought was coming from somewhere deep within. I let go of the conception of self I had been holding (that I was only a body with a mind) and let go of my body and mind. It felt as though I was warping through space at an incredible speed, I remember the sensation of speed, as if I was traveling to some place distant. It felt like I was made light and I was expanding to no end. I told my teacher about this as well that I had let go of my ego and told him about my experience. He said it was okay to let go of my ego but he did not really comment or seem too interested in what I experienced. I was reading book after book on Buddhism at the time I discovered that seeing light or experiencing any sensations during meditation were to be taken as something not to focus on and to continue meditating. It has been a while since I experienced any strange experiences. As for an awakening moment yes I believe I have awakened to a certain extent. The truth I have found gives me great inner peace and a feeling of certainty. The most important truth I have found is the emptiness of all phenomena. The Heart Sutra is my favourite text and I feel as though it's teaching on emptiness have enlightened me to a certain degree. I now view others as self as well as the once external world now appears as self. Buddhism for me is full of many truths that have changed my life in so many ways.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by thedayafterroswell]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I know my rights and wrongs. I am awake

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper

Yeap sounds like astral projection... your astral form would not be affected by poison that is alcohol and pills etc so you would think much more clearly. It may have also been a NDE (near death experience) where you simply left your body as it started to crap out as such. Not sure what the pills you took do or what they are but 100 of them is probably not a good thing.

The way you view humans in general is the same way I view them also since 'awakening' in the last year or so. Meditation, 'substance experimentation/learning', thinking outside the box and appreciating things (helped by one particular episode of experimentation) helped me so much to progress from 'smart worker drone' to 'one/free' as such.

The best thing is when you meet someone who you think might be a drone but turns out to not be... such a wonderful feeling. Happened on my best mates 21st - we were looking after a girl we've known for a while and were talking etc. best mate and I had a small amount of 'mind opening stuff + 420' and proceeded to talk between each other and the girl. We spent about 4 or 5 hours at 2am in a closed outdoorish restaurant below the dance club we were at talking about life and human existence, oneness, how everything interacts to some point, how everything is different yet the same in some way and all sorts of awesome topics. It was just so cool to find someone else thinking on the same level as many people here on ATS... people who think outside of the small confines of the box most people live in.
I learned so much that night, more than any class or teacher has ever taught me... your mind is the most powerful and intelligent teacher there is and with it you can do almost anything if you apply it, you merely need to make the key to unlock it through various ways

As the girl said - one of the best nights of her life, I'd definately rate it up there with the best as would my best mate.

reply to post by BroonStone

Just starting down that path as such from the 'ol 420. Going shrooming tonight as it's just finished raining and temps have dropped

Amazing way to 'reset' your mind/spirit from the norms of society. Probably the quickest way for someone to be 'aware' is to do a few shrooms or lsd etc. It opens your mind to completely different ways of figuring things out, slays the huge ego everyone has under the surface, makes you look at yourself, makes you perceive things better, appreciate things... it's like upgrading from a pentium 2 in normal life to a giant, massively parallel supercomputer. When you work on this side of things once learnt you can bring it back to your normal life and keep functioning that way in most respects... keeps your mind keep on its toes and keeps you thinking SMART and perceptive instead of turning off and riding through reality on a big surfboard.

Some of my best thoughts and ideas have been whilst meditating and/or on something.

To leave a quote from a particular song..

Hallucinogen in dub- '___' (World Sheet Of Closed String Mix).

"I believe with the advent of acid, we discovered new ways to think and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people are so afraid of it ? What is it about it that scares people so deeply? Because they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they are afraid to go in and they don't want us to go in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control"

Same could go for astral projection and meditation etc and why worker drones don't want to even contemplate the stuff we know. Fear. Biggest barrier to anything really...
Replace fear with love and confidence

[edit on 17/6/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I was five or six years old and in the back of the car while my mom and dad were driving. I looked at the sun and saw a golden hand come through the sun and after that I saw a golden orb in the clouds during a flight to see my grand parents. After these encounters I have changed. It was not like an awakening but more of like known knowledge that I felt like I just "remembered" it.

I meditate, channel, and trust my feelings. I also discuss these type of energies, philosophies, and practices with friends in a way of helping each other grow and helping the collective consciousness of the world grow.

I have noticed that coincidences occur a lot more, I am starting to manifest things into my reality, and my psychic abilities has improved. I have also astral projected and lucid dream. With this, traveling through dimensions and space/time is possible.

"The sleeper has awakened." ~ Muadib (Paul Atreides) DUNE.

Thank you for posting this.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by unite_life]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by unite_life

I have noticed that coincidences occur a lot more, I am starting to manifest things into my reality, and my psychic abilities has improved. I have also astral projected and lucid dream. With this, traveling through dimensions and space/time is possible.

Could you please elaborate on the 'manifest things into my reality' please

Also what method are you using to 'leave the body as such' after meditating and attempting an astral projection?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I find that the more open I am to the truth and the more I learn and understand about that which is going on around and within me, the less I crave interaction with people. I am not a hermit by any stretch, but I have grown so weary of the close minded obedience of people that their company only leaves me with a sickened feeling.
I once meditated everyday. I enjoyed the feeling I got from it. It was focused meditation rather than just letting go. I used meditation as a self enhancing technique and thought little of divine enlightenment.
I found myself able to focus on people and see their auras. It is weird what people look like from that perspective. They cannot hide their true self from their true self.
I also found myself seeing things I didnt want to see and hearing things I could not grasp consciously.
So, I stopped meditating. I still find myself sitting quietly and focusing on nothing and letting go, which is a form of meditation, but I do not make a true practice of it any longer. I have noticed that I remember more of my dreams for a couple of days at a time now, even the predictive ones. Its really weird what people are capable of if they learn how to unlock those dormant areas of their mind.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well, personally, I am more "awakened" than you'll ever be, but like everything else in life, it's a mixed blessing, if that's what you want to call it. The knowledge is nice, but the feeling of being trapped in a kind of funhouse mirror existence is downright depressing. I know it won't last long, and I'll be dead soon enough, but that doesn't help in the meantime with just having to put up with all the literal nonsense.

Well, what can you do?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hmm. This is good.

I have seen and heard many things. One of the most important is that the more we come to know and understand, the more we realize how little we really know and understand.

There is much pain, and to have one's illusions shattered, even if they are replaced by further illusions, can easily create an agony that transcends thought. Why would someone put themselves through such pain?

The reason is that once the veil is lifted, the old life cannot be returned to. Sure, one can and should continue to live their lives as best they can, but the pain and burning light of the world beyond as illustrated in Plato's "Allegory of the Cave" changes you forever. Even if you choose to forget, or ignore it, to touch the universe is to be touched in turn.

I wish I had the desire to deeply illustrate my journies, but beyond their personal nature, mine is a journey of illusions, combined with the deeper understanding that comes with accepting, confronting, dispeling them, and then rebuilding with what remains. Painful to the extreme, but beautiful and worth every second of it.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by GideonHM]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

AS- GREAT post!

2001, October: month after 9.11, my first child, a daughter was born.
I awakened then.

2002: Came upon whitley strieber's site - at random - and mention of a 2003 'great comet' ; puzzled i couldn't stop reading about Nibiru/PX until i had devoured Sitchen's stuff. Turned the corner one day and spied a 'Nibiru' license plate on a parked car, stopped, asked the lady "Is that referring to the xth planet?" and that started a relationship with the local MUFON group; coincidence or fate?

2003: Got to meet Sitchin, and gain some insight into his close group of friends (which i am not in). I do understand their point of view though. Started 'preaching' to the unconverted to open their minds, throwing out general predictions of scarcity, and earth changes...

2004: boxer day tsunami - boy , did the unconverted look at me the next day with bug eyes.

2005: Read Robert moss' book 'Dreamways of the Iroquois' - HIGHLY recommended. Wonderfully written by a former NYT bestselling author. THAT opened my inner eye, and I started jotting down dreams, every night.

Which lead me to have some of the most vivid dreams of my adult life , some of which i recognized as adolescent/childhood dreams, so I even trecked to Sedona AZ to an Indian dreamseer to discuss them. Amazing. Im not the only one dreaming these. Dreaming was a religion to the American Indian, not to mention highly important to our forefathers since Sumer.

BTW, (3mg) melatonin does wonders for that inner eye, the pineal (i am a neuroradiologist and look at oh, 30 pineals a day easily; it is a gland largely shrouded in mystery to modern science..!) (this could be a superb separate thread)

Finally, got wrapped up in the john titor story, after blowing it off the 1st time. So much so i realized that most of what we consider mysteries in our past, are explicable in the light of the reality of time travel.

The Iroquois chief Seneca was quoted saying "The difference between this world and the dream world is as thin as a blade of grass."

Well, that makes sense in light of the multiple universe theory (Wheeler Everett Graham), and comes 1 step closer to our reality when the Large Hadron Collider goes online this August. Once a microsingularity is created, an 'relatively infinite' power source could enable time travel. Once a time machine is engineered, the engineers will want to turn it on, and use it...

Hence, it likely has already happened. And i thank god my daughter

was born, because she 'awakened the sleeper'; the importance of our

short lives here comes down to what we do and care about for others.

We may only get one chance at this,

but one chance times an near infinite number of parallel universes...

One can hope.

"Time is this sort of ball of wibbly wobbley stuff" -Dr. Who, 2nd season.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is a matter of utmost importance being ignored by mainstream science and shunned persistently by the Peer-Review Process;

According to the Theory that the Universe is a Novelty Conserving Engine, and that we have currently entered a period of Time/Space where Novelty is presenting at an increased rate according to the predictions derived from the Laws of the Inverse Square and Ilya Prigogine's Fractal Universe Theory.

The fact that so many in the Fields of Quantum, Theoretical, Fractal, Novelty, Hyperdimensional, Torsion Field Physics et al are able to coalesce and show quantifiable relationships between these varied fields is proof of a new Period of increased Novelty having been entered. Some sort of Nexus is approaching and the current physics lacks the flexibility to describe even the precursory Affectations.

Corresponding to this is the beginning of our passage through the Photon Belt - Potentially one of the Most Data-rich environs in the Galaxy. One could indeed say that synchronicity and corresponding level of Novelty has undoubtedly begun to Present at a rate predicted by the Fractal Universe Theory and it's adjuncts; Torsion Field, Quantum & Hyperdimensional Physics

We are cresting the Eschaton.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
To the OP...

Thanks for the thread! Now onto some questions...

Have you ever consumed '___'/'___'/Shrooms/etc. to enhance what your meditation has started? The geometry that you saw, is it in any way similar to the Alex Grey painting in your avatar? Perhaps you have a heightened level of '___' produced in your brain. If so, have you ever seen human beings with animal heads (or vice versa), or snakes? Do the things you see have continuation, as in, you see them again the next time you meditate?

You should check out "Supernatural" by Graham Hancock.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by awakened sleeper
I feel a great Oneness of everything. Love, love is the ultimate answer to everything.

If you feel a great Oneness in everything, how can you later say this?

There are things that go bump in the night, and I, awakened sleeper will bump back.

or this?

I believe that there are darker forces at work, and have been since the beginnings of earth.

Maybe you could take the time to explain how either of those ideas are consistent with Oneness?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Leave... No one wants your kind here.

You sir, are a THREAD KILLER.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

Lol. A thread killer? It is a question asked in sincerity, I would love to have someone who claims a level of awakenedness explain that subtlety to me. I fail to see how that strikes a fatal blow to this or any thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join