It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global famine kills 500,000,000 in 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is my prediction, I didn't have a telepathic vision, I didn't have any kind of insider tell me this.

I predict that by the end of the year 2009 500,000,000 people will have died of starvation.

The floods and droughts were are expirencing, the cost of a bushel of corn, and bizarre other weather patterns are some of the reasons I feel this way.

When you see oil and potash go up in price, you also see food go up.

It's dire I know, but there it is, a prediction.

I have nothing to back this up.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I would be a little bit skeptical of half a billion dying this year, possibly in a couple of years time when the fuel crisis leads to massive increase in Biofuel production in areas previously cultivating food crops.

There was a huge rush of investors to Argentina in the last couple of years to lease and buy massive expanses of land solely for food crop growth... hopefully this will ease some of the pressure in the coming years but its still looking very grim for an awful lot of people.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I predict that by the end of the year 2009 500,000,000 people will have died of starvation.

Ever? In human history? You may be right about that.

In a single year? I predict you will be wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

I hope you are right because if not, we are in for a world of hurt.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ok let me clarify, out of all the people that are alive on the planet, at this exact moment, 1/2 billion will be dead of starvation by June 20, 2009.

I think we are going to see some real bad weather, and real bad "other" problems.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
might just happen and lack of awareness is the problem. oil and food bubble are loosely connected via biofuels already and it's pretty obvious what will happen once petroleum starts to drop uncontrollably maybe late 08 or 09 ? fits your timeline well) food will be the next big bubble, because most types of alternative energy will be considered a failed experiment for the most part, just as planned.

US food reserves are at an all time low

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and recent floods will not help, either. if you're careless, you're bound to have bad luck, Murphy's law i guess.

the real kicker is that supposed solutions will exacerbate the situation, as i outlined in a recent thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

worst case might even exceed your prediction, because once a collapse is underway, distribution will start to fail at which point no amount of stored food will help anyone, because martial law would limit your movement, while more chaotic areas might suffer from pillage and scorched earth. sucks, but hey the dumbest blokes always have the best luck.

join