It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington, D.C., Puts Itself Under Surveillance: L.A. Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Washington, D.C., Puts Itself Under Surveillance: L.A. Times

www.latimes.com

Seven years after the Sept. 11 attacks, Mayor Adrian M. Fenty is trying to set up one of the most comprehensive centrally controlled visual surveillance systems in the world. In the nerve center, which opened last month, the city's Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency can monitor video from four city agencies -- covering streets, schools, housing projects, parks and roads -- for threats and other nefarious activities.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
LOL.

Random House searches for weapons.

Gestapo Checkpoints.

Cops Carrying AR-15 machine guns.

And now this.

Does anybody else not see what I am seeing?

Transparency is the understatement of the decade.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Damn it, I live here AND I have a unibrow. More cavity searches for yours truly. Terrific.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

schrodinger, there's a CVS on P at 14th St NW, next to the Whole Foods....may I suggest tweezers??

For DD....well, look like it's finally about to happen here, now. But, I believe London still holds the record for more surveillance camersa per capita....I read that somewhere.

WW

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeah, there's one here at New Mexico Ave. too, but I keep running into Karl Rove (no joke) and he just gives me the creeps, so I'm afraid to go in there.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Perhaps he likes his unibrow.

..or perhaps he likes cavity searches.

Let's face it, the elites are building a fortress city for themselves. They can see the writing on the wall as well as we can.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I think it's pretty obvious what is happening here, particularly when we see the sequencing of these types of activities with the concurrent growing unrest and outrage of the populace with the crime family in washington. They are taking preventatory measures.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Perhaps he likes his unibrow.

..or perhaps he likes cavity searches.

Both have their pluses and minuses. Not so much pluses though

As for the surveillance system, DC is already a nightmare with:
AFRH-W Police
Bureau of Engraving and Printing Police
Federal Bureau of Investigation*
Metropolitan*
Naval District Washington Police*
United States Capitol Police*
United States Pentagon Police*
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement - Federal Protective Service*
U.S. Park Police*

So the cameras is just one more thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

schrodinger, there's a CVS on P at 14th St NW, next to the Whole Foods....may I suggest tweezers??

No, he can't do that, they might think he's using them to build a bomb or something ridiculous like "he might use them to hijack a plane!"

The State of Paranoia would be a fitting name for that place.

I agree with traffic cameras, as they can catch speeders, and report traffic jams... other than that, the cameras should only be installed by the business owners trying to protect their buildings.
Installing cameras to watch people in parks, sidewalks, paths, etc... thats just a waste of taxpayer money, and quite frankly, very intrusive.

They already have the ability to detain anyone they think might be a political adversary, without warrant... these cameras will only serve to help run smear campaigns against political opponents too well known to lock away.

The US Government intends to take absolute and unquestionable control over the country. They're tired of democracy and freedom, and they're doing everything they can to ensure it ends.
They of course won't call it a dictatorship... they'll tell you the oppressive security measures are there as a temporary means for your protection... but they aren't temporary, and they aren't for YOUR protection.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Schrodinger....NM Ave? What intersection?

I just want to hang out and taunt him....because he IS A joke!!!!

Fat piece of human excrement, if you ask my opinion....oops, you didn't ask, sorry. (hand over mouth)

Edit to add....UGLY fat piece of human excrement who contributed to the downslide (not "downfall") of a country that has slipped perilously close to the 'Dark Side'....but can still be salvaged. AND, this individual should be prosecuted, in a fair court, to the fullest extent possible....

[edit on 6/17/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I don't wanna get "dissapeared" so let me see if I can dance myself through this.
The best place and time to spot him is round 7ish at the only (expensive) supermarket on New Mexico Ave.
That being said, in all seriousness, I would tread lightly.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

sd.....OK, I'm with you on protecting Jon S too, BTW!!

Oh....Steve C as well.....Bill O can rot in hell, for all I care! Oh!! Even better!! Lock O'Really in the same cell as the Coultergeist!!!
Super idea....and throw in a few louffa sponges, and a few falafels to boot.....(install a shower, too) THEN! Make sure it's on camera, and show it every morning just after the local traffic news!!!!

Ratings thru the roof!!! Let's see who jumps on this one first, if they have a few spare cameras.....

edit...oh, and if I get 'disappeared'....I'll just ask them to wait a month so I can complete my cruise to the Baltic first....after that, I could not care a whit!!!!

[edit on 6/17/0808 by weedwhacker]

new topics

top topics

join