It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Subpoenas Justice Dept on FBI Interviews Of Bush, Cheney in CIA Leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

House Subpoenas Justice Dept on FBI Interviews Of Bush, Cheney in CIA Leak

www.rawstory.com

A House committee has issued a subpoena for FBI reports from interviews with President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney in the CIA leak investigation.

The subpoena to Attorney General Michael Mukasey from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is the latest move by Congress to shed light on Cheney's precise role in the leak of Valerie Plame's CIA identity.

On Friday, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan is scheduled to testify to the House Judiciary Committee.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, I won't get worked up over this, even if they DO find the info they're looking for. Both sides of this gov are nothing more than a giant crime family anymore. They won't even IMPEACH or FIRE these people that are responsible for the deaths and suffering of hundreds of thousands of people in a war based on hundreds of lies. Not to mention torture, violation of habeas corpus, illegal spying, etc., etc., etc....

Probably nothing more than going through the motions here, as if they don't hold these criminals accountable for the above, then why would they for something like this?

He is expected to talk about White House higher-ups directing him to publicly deny that Cheney's chief of staff and White House political adviser Karl Rove played any role in leaking the CIA employment of Plame, who is married to Bush administration war critic Joseph Wilson.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You're probably right DD. Aside from classifying the whole thing so no one can see it for 100 years, they can 'summarize' it into whatever non-offensive language they like, rendering it legally useless.

I still think that the whole McClellan testimony will serve to do just that. He was always a staunch member of 'the party' which is how he got where he was. I hope I'm wrong.

new topics

join