It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punjab govt starts cancer registry: studies indicate pesticides-cancer link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Punjab govt starts cancer registry: studies indicate pesticides-cancer link !

infochangeindia.org

Two studies pointing to the link between heavy pesticide use and several illnesses, including cancer, in Punjab have prompted the state government to set up a cancer registry programme

The Punjab government has decided to begin a cancer registry programme. The move is believed to be in response to mounting evidence of pesticide-induced health disorders in the state that experienced the ‘green revolution' in the 1970s aided by large quantities of pesticide use.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/16/08 by FredT]

[edit on 6/16/08 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Indian Guinea Pigs for Sale: Outsourcing Clinical Trials
www.indiaresource.org...

A Nation of Guinea Pigs
www.wired.com...

Easy money for India's human guinea pigs
www.asianpacificpost.com...

Genetically Modified Seeds: Women in India take on Monsanto
www.globalresearch.ca...

Farmers' cooperatives in India are defending the nation's food security and the future of Indian farmers against the neoliberal invasion of genetically modified (GM) seed.

As many as 28,000 Indian farmers have committed suicide over the last decade as a result of debt incurred from failed GM crops and competition with subsidized US crops, yet when India?s Prime Minister Singh met with President Bush in March 2006 to finalize nuclear agreements, they also signed the Indo-US Knowledge Initiative on Agriculture (KIA), backed by Monsanto, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), and Wal-Mart.

The KIA allows for the grab of India?s seed sector by Monsanto, of its trade sector by giant agribusiness ADM and Cargill, and its retail sector by Wal-Mart.

Scientists Find Pesticides Change DNA, Increase Cancer In India

www.allheadlinenews.com...

India, the world's second largest sugar producer behind Brazil, may be forced to import the sweetener.
www.voanews.com...

This is a massive problem for india.

They are trying to kill farmers, then take over their land, control their food source and use them for dangerous clinical trials?

Something must be done!

infochangeindia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
and if you do some research on Bayer Cropsciences, they are fairly corrupt on many angles.

That is definately one major company to look out for, and the premise of the entire thread as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Your title has nothing to do with the articles title.

Please review the T &C's for ATS.

MODS will be by soon to correct this problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Your title has nothing to do with the articles title.

Please review the T &C's for ATS.

MODS will be by soon to correct this problem.

it has everything to do it

the title is the premise, and i build on it with the thread, mainly coming from the thread's primary link.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Don't blame America, blame India. Your government could stop this in its tracks if it wanted too. I know its easier to put the blame on another country whom you have no say in, but the fact is its you that is letting this happen by passing the back to America and not accepting your (personal and national) responsibility on this issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

As you will note the title is now changed.

You have to understand that the title of threads in this forum are not open to creativity. They can be emphasized, or you can add a (parenthetical), however the title of the article *must* be the title of your thread.

This is why it has *nothing* to do with the article linked to.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That be true, however the guidelines for submitting news are quite specific and outlined in the submission form.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Don't blame America, blame India. Your government could stop this in its tracks if it wanted too. I know its easier to put the blame on another country whom you have no say in, but the fact is its you that is letting this happen by passing the back to America and not accepting your (personal and national) responsibility on this issue.

oh plz, do some research on bayer cropsciences, or even bayer itself and other large pharmaceutical and agricultural u.s. companies.

your post basically reads "don't blame the doctors, blame the patients..... who didn't even know they were patients'

I know it's easier not to accept the global oppression that america has caused, but that doesn't mean you have to deny it.

Hey let's blame pakistan while we are at it for all the troubles they are currently having, even while keeping in mind that it's the u.s. that put Mussarraf into power when he had less than a 4% electoral vote.
And then you hear Giuliani saying 'we need to find out who else to put in power in pakistan now'

Stop supporting the horrible idea that your govt. has no accountability whatsoever. Because guess what, that not only oppresses other countries, it also suppresses yours!

[edit on 16-6-2008 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me at all that there is a link between pesticide use and cancer. I had been using large amounts of pesticides last summer and not thinking I wore shorts while applying. I didn't wash off the spray that covered my legs and then in October i was diagnosed with leukemia, I firmly believe the pesticide caused my cancer.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No it reads blame the addicts not the pushers. If no one would buy this stuff then no one would sell it. It was Britain that caused globalization back in the 18th century not America. The US didn't put Musharraf in power either, he seized power of his own accord. In fact we didn't even recognize his regime until after 9/11. Sounds like you need too do some research of your own.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Mussarraf overthrew an elected government and then you rewarded him by granting him money and he then becomes u.s.'s puppet.

America has sent over 10 billion dollars to a military dictator for over the last 8yrs

America supported Osama and then Saddam and now Mussarraf

see any trend there?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Mussarraf overthrew an elected government and then you rewarded him by granting him money and he then becomes u.s.'s puppet.

America has sent over 10 billion dollars to a military dictator for over the last 8yrs

America supported Osama and then Saddam and now Mussarraf

see any trend there?

Oh, so basically everyone is at fault except India?

I agree it's horrible, but it happens in the US as well. Go look at rural areas and see the cancer clusters. I lost my father to it, but it was nobody's fault.

Sometimes we have to learn from things the hard way.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
so we sit back and do nothing?

how about instead of saying oh america isn't at fault, it has no accountability in anything, it's all india's fault, how about saying yes true we need to spread the news and do something?

Americans are extremists, because too many of them are extremely passive. They allow other nations to be destroyed by their own country and they do nothing about it!

Then people who are under the assumption that they are patriots, they enlist in the army thinking they can go abroad to fight for freedom at home. How can you find freedom abroad? FOOLS!

When will people wake up?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And how about instead of saying oh it isn't India's fault, it has no accountability in anything(especially what goes on in India), its all America's fault because behing every evil deed there is a beedy eyed American.

Your accountable for what goes on in your own country friend, plain and simple. Don't like GM talk to your friends about it see what they think. If they're of similar mind then band together and protest. E-mail your government and tell your friends to do the same and pass the word along. If their are enough people that think like you you should have an impact.

top topics

join