It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ok so this is something that I never documented in my ATS blog but needs to get documented and figured out. 1986/87 I was sitting in my room listening to American Top 40 recording my favorite songs with my "boombox" when Casey played this version of Rock me amadeus.

I love it so much I rewind it to listen to it again. I believe it was the last song so it was number 1 that week. When playing it back after the first "superstar" in the song it cut away and the sound of wind blowing loudly came across and then a very frightening voice said Meeeeeeeee then more wind and then the song returned. I freaked out. called my mom in to listen to it. She made me call the radio station and ask them if they had played anything like that and I played it back for them they said no and that it was very odd. the recording had no breaks in the music from their end. I called my uncle up to listen to it as he had been renting our lower apartment at the time and he was freaked out. He even asked me if he could take it for a while and have his friends analyze it.

After freaking out his friends no one could explain it. My uncle returned it to me with the suggestion that I destroy it or record over it. I didnt want to destroy the only proof I had that it happened so I kept it but never played it as it scared the hell out of me. Later my uncle took it without asking and erased the entire tape without my knowledge because he felt that strongly that there was something very not good in relation to that recording.

My question.. has anyone else ever had this happen to them? And if not are there any theories?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Noone has ever had this happen?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
ZOMGIES.

Radio stations crossing over each other?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

If it was a major area I might have thought that too. But it was in rural Wisconsin. There are very few radio stations you can pick up at all and none near that one on the dial it is the only one that transmits in that part of the band in that area.

I tried like heck to find another signal close to the station I had been listening too but could get nothing. And honestly what kind of station would be transmitting wind and a voice saying meeeeeeee and more wind?

just makes no sense. I was upset at my uncle for a long time for erasing
it. I know in retrospec that he was only doing what he felt was best for me.. but it was my only evidence of what happened. I had never heard of evp until that movie white noise came out and even then never put it together with what had happened that day so long ago. My life has been filled with so many strange events that it actually fell to the back of my mind until I had heard that version of the song again recently and it brought the memory back. I figured I better document it now while I was thinking about it before I forget about it all over again.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
That is a crazy long song. My guess is EVP. Though i don't know why it would be a spirit going "meeeeee" like that. I didn't even get to that part yet. Where is it in the song?

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
That is a crazy long song. My guess is EVP. Though i don't know why it would be a spirit going "meeeeee" like that. I didn't even get to that part yet. Where is it in the song?

Its not in that recording of it. I was using an old cassette recording part of a boom box.. for anyone that remembers those to record the song from the radio.

It was just a very different version of the song than I had ever heard previously at least at the time it was played it was a new version or one NOT played on the radio where I was at the time before. This video does not have the voice. Its just someones youtube of that version. I put it in so that people would know what version of the song this happened with. I cannot tell you how much I wish I still had that recording, but as I stated earlier my uncle was so freaked out by it as were his friends that he erased it on me without telling me til after the fact.

Can you imagine? finally having physical evidence of just one of the odd events in your life and then having someone destroy it out of fear?

Back then I wasn't real worried about evidence so much as I just wanted to keep it. Everyone we knew had heard it including the radio station people that were there the day it was recorded. I wonder now if maybe he was rationalized in erasing it.. do they pose any sort of threat to the person who recorded them? I really don't know much about EVP.. didn't even make the connection to the phoenomena until I saw this video recently and it was that same version and instantly I broke out in chills and the hair on the back of my neck stood up til it got past that point in the song where my copy had recorded the voice. Then I got to piecing it together because back in the 80's no one had really heard of EVP so we had no explanation for what I had recorded that day.

top topics

join